What's new

colonizing mars

would you take a one way trip to mars?

• I like my feet on teraforma!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aj1701

Noob
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/78-000-apply-private-mars-colony-project-2-195922459.html#8qrBWqh

Mars One is trying to find four people to start a colony on Mars.

I find this very exciting and if my wife was willing to apply I would. Growing up I loved sttng, the thought of exploring the galaxy seeing everything out there was just thrilling, and of course exploring places people have never been.

So, what does tym think of this hopefully new chapter in our history? Anyone else like to go? So we have other explorers at heart on this site?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
In a heartbeat.....sign me up! I would definitely try it. How cool would it be to not only go into space but actually be a BIG part of history? I think I speak for a lot of people when I say we've all dreamed of one day going to space. :)

aj1701

Noob
In a heartbeat.....sign me up! I would definitely try it. How cool would it be to not only go into space but actually be a BIG part of history? I think I speak for a lot of people when I say we've all dreamed of one day going to space. :)
Of course I would want to know how they plan to teraform mars too... it probably wouldn't be in my lifetime, but helping to put the foundation for that in place would be epic. I wouldn't even care if anyone remembered me, I would know and I'd die happy for having the experience.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Speaking of history, take a look at it for a second. Europe to 'Murica, would you seriously want that?

I'm not one to ever get out of my comfort zone but we DO definitely need people who have the balls to do this kind of thing.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Speaking of history, take a look at it for a second. Europe to 'Murica, would you seriously want that?

I'm not one to ever get out of my comfort zone but we DO definitely need people who have the balls to do this kind of thing.
I hope Mars has good Internet. :(

aj1701

Noob

What do you mean about Europe and usa? You think the mars colony might revolt? Not likely, at least until they could be self sufficient. Or do you think other intelligent life is there?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
What do you mean about Europe and usa? You think the mars colony might revolt? Not likely, at least until they could be self sufficient. Or do you think other intelligent life is there?
No, I meant the dangers in the travels. And when you get there, then what? You're in the middle of nowhere and you have to litteraliy build everything. Better have a lot of Minecraft experience.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Oh right. Fortunately our tech is better, but yes this for me is about exploring the unknown!
Dude, at the point of the Europeans' explorations their "tech was better" as well. This is the first time being done. You have absolutely no idea what's about to happen. Which is why, like I said, gotta have big balls for this.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Can't wait till we start having space wars.

Earth vs Mars.
EDF/MDF les' get it on!

But man, 78,000 applications! HOLY BEJEEZUS! A 1 minute video on why you want to go/what's your motivation. How great it would be, and this is 10 years off! We have until August to apply too! Man just thinking about it is exciting! The prospects, the adventure, the ups, the downs. I'd take them all for a chance like this.

Solo

Shadow Priest
EDF/MDF les' get it on!

But man, 78,000 applications! HOLY BEJEEZUS! A 1 minute video on why you want to go/what's your motivation. How great it would be, and this is 10 years off! We have until August to apply too! Man just thinking about it is exciting! The prospects, the adventure, the ups, the downs. I'd take them all for a chance like this.
Who wouldn't? lol.