What's new

General/Other - Bojutsu Collateral damage-the epiloge 10/4

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
A few months ago I posted my last combo video for bojutsu,now I am gonna post my last thread about h(er)im in general.
I am no ignorant to ask for hotfixes and e.t.c like the half of earth's population do these days.
Now let's get to the point.NRS decided to change the whole game by removing the armour launchers.That means the only thing left for bojutsu to keep fighting is gone,he had one of the best armored launchers in the game concideriing damage but that was all.Now he cannot fight anymore.
Besides that,NRS decided among the safe 50/50s that the game was running, included kano"s 50% damage potential and Sonya's 2 reload combos.....to nerf kung jin's overhead.
Yes,a 19f overhead with slow animation is a threat. OK.
That being said, this dude is dead and nothing can change it,he didn't deserve that kind of treatment imo.Yeah shaolin was a brain dead variation with broken tools and insane chip damage but bojutsu was one of the most honest chars,he was a whiff punisher with no zoning tools and now has become just an archer that he is participating with no reason.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
So you're leaving because he has the same armor options as Shaolin now?

Makes no sense.
i do not know if you have checked my work with bojutsu but if you check my threads i was a loyalist and now i feel very dissapointed with the way NrS treated him.AS i said before bojutsu was not a threat to the game.they shouldn't have nerfed him.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
i do not know if you have checked my work with bojutsu but if you check my threads i was a loyalist and now i feel very dissapointed with the way NrS treated him.AS i said before bojutsu was not a threat to the game.they shouldn't have nerfed him.
In my Scrubby opinion he needed that since "day one". Besides many OH were slow down. You will actually have to condition your opponent rather follow simple flip coin logic

Last edited:

Masta

Noob
you are right, you should give up this variation. However, your reasons are wrong. In my opinion Bojutsu is bad in this meta not because of the armor removing but because :
- he is a very bad zoner and cant deal much against zoners who are great in this meta
- to run into your opponent is riskier because if your opponent hits you , you lose all of your stamina now
- jumps are more punishable so good players with good fondamentals wont jump easily making his flame worthless except on good read /or for combos. or troll spamming :DOGE

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
you are right, you should give up this variation. However, your reasons are wrong. In my opinion Bojutsu is bad in this meta not because of the armor removing but because :
- he is a very bad zoner and cant deal much against zoners who are great in this meta
- to run into your opponent is riskier because if your opponent hits you , you lose all of your stamina now
- jumps are more punishable so good players with good fondamentals wont jump easily making his flame worthless except on good read /or for combos. or troll spamming :DOGE
You're wrong on all of these.

KJ has a full screen advancing armor move that kills projectiles.

And ji1 still can be instant aired and jails

Masta

Noob
You're wrong on all of these.

KJ has a full screen advancing armor move that kills projectiles.

And ji1 still can be instant aired and jails
Im talking about bojutsu and you are talking about universal tools... Shaolin and ancestral are better in this meta.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Im talking about bojutsu and you are talking about universal tools... Shaolin and ancestral are better in this meta.
Not by that much really. There are certain matchups where absolutely you wouldn't pick Bojutsu. However he's not actively bad because of those universal tools Kung Jin has. He is the most unpredictable of the three but he's also the least safe. He is strong if you have the ability to analyze and adapt to the opponent's reactions. I think all three are about the same strength with Shaolin possibly being slightly better (Ancestral and Bojutsu are better in different matchups) Kung Jin loyalist really cover most if not all matchups with all three variations. It's nice.

Masta

Noob
Not by that much really. There are certain matchups where absolutely you wouldn't pick Bojutsu. However he's not actively bad because of those universal tools Kung Jin has. He is the most unpredictable of the three but he's also the least safe. He is strong if you have the ability to analyze and adapt to the opponent's reactions. I think all three are about the same strength with Shaolin possibly being slightly better (Ancestral and Bojutsu are better in different matchups) Kung Jin loyalist really cover most if not all matchups with all three variations. It's nice.
I play the three variations and i would be glad to hear from you what are the "good" matchups for bojutsu for picking him over the other variations. I feel the patch gives him the buff that he needed because the AA flame were useless, but in the new meta, i pick him only for swagg combo lol.
He is excellent against jumpers tho, but i repeat myself : good players doesnt jump that much

CrazyFingers

I play the three variations and i would be glad to hear from you what are the "good" matchups for bojutsu for picking him over the other variations. I feel the patch gives him the buff that he needed because the AA flame were useless, but in the new meta, i pick him only for swagg combo lol.
He is excellent against jumpers tho, but i repeat myself : good players doesnt jump that much
any matchup where the character has an NJP worth using in the neutral as a counter poke. DB1 helps with that. Characters with decent air mobility (Divekicks, floats, etc.) if the opponent is playing a character that wants to remain air born, Bojutsu stops that.

Masta

Noob
any matchup where the character has an NJP worth using in the neutral as a counter poke. DB1 helps with that. Characters with decent air mobility (Divekicks, floats, etc.) if the opponent is playing a character that wants to remain air born, Bojutsu stops that.
Ofc he is good against takeda, sonya, tanya, quan chi.. but they all have better zoning and some got very good punishes for his unsafe moves. This and the stamina thing I think he will have more trouble in this meta.
Bojutsu requires to be patient, hit confirms he is viable but needs more time and skill (high risk / high reward).

Kung Jin 3 variations are now nearly even, but you can get more rewards with shaolin and ancestral

CrazyFingers

Ofc he is good against takeda, sonya, tanya, quan chi.. but they all have better zoning and some got very good punishes for his unsafe moves. This and the stamina thing I think he will have more trouble in this meta.
Bojutsu requires to be patient, hit confirms he is viable but needs more time and skill (high risk / high reward).

Kung Jin 3 variations are now nearly even, but you can get more rewards with shaolin and ancestral
I find him to be more rewarding feeling. I prefer that kind of play style but I totally see where you're coming from

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Yes

His universal tools make Kung Jin a good anti-zoner. He also has the only full screen anti-jumping projectile. At full screen it does well enough to hold its own. Straight arrow, mb straight arrow, up arrow and fireball. Dude has projectiles if you wanna projectile battle.

Bojutsu is still better than Ancestral. Its a lot closer to Shaolin than people like to act.

CrazyFingers

Yes

His universal tools make Kung Jin a good anti-zoner. He also has the only full screen anti-jumping projectile. At full screen it does well enough to hold its own. Straight arrow, mb straight arrow, up arrow and fireball. Dude has projectiles if you wanna projectile battle.

Bojutsu is still better than Ancestral. Its a lot closer to Shaolin than people like to act.
And the craziest bit is, Ancestral isn't even bad! I love how viable Kung Jin is. So many options for many different kinds of play. He is definitely a balanced and fair character now and still completely viable.