What's new

General/Other - Kano Coach Steve's thoughts on Kano (Post-Patch)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm looking for a little help dealing with the Ermac match up.

Before the patch armor could keep him at Bay and I could pick n choose when and hard I need to go in or make him come at me depending on how much I tried to curb the flow of the match.

Now it seems like ct and cyber are playing from behind. Mb knives and 1, b1 & s4 can only do so much to against a good Ermac who's on point. It's a new patch and I'm dealing with a kano who's seems to.be struggling in this match up.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I would have just liked it if NRS gave a damn and gave Black Dragon Ball full projectile immunity and made it less punishable on block to compensate for removing the armor. Let it keep the anti-zoning quality to help Kano out against the heavy zoners. For christ sake, NRS even buffed the damage of the 2nd hit months ago to encourage the players to use BDB to counter zone. As it is now, it's just a combo extender for ONLY Commando, and a dead move for Cutthroat and Cybernetic.

Jupe

Noob
I would have just liked it if NRS gave a damn and gave Black Dragon Ball full projectile immunity and made it less punishable on block to compensate for removing the armor. Let it keep the anti-zoning quality to help Kano out against the heavy zoners. For christ sake, NRS even buffed the damage of the 2nd hit months ago to encourage the players to use BDB to counter zone. As it is now, it's just a combo extender for ONLY Commando, and a dead move for Cutthroat and Cybernetic.
You can still use it as a wake up to punish opponent for dropping combo or challenging their meaty timing, on hit and often even on trades you get a full combo. I agree with your point about making it more useful against fireballs completely though.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Saw @MrInsaynne and his commando in a KOTH with DJT, MIT, gunshot and dab and it was insane.

I did notice there weren't that many combos and it was a whole ton cmd grab and pokes.
" Was this because of the situation or how you think he should be played?