What's new

Question Closing up on zoners

Sub-0110

Noob
Hi all,

Was trying out NW online and came across a heavy zoning superman and then Sinestro....ok it was my first couple of matches with NW after a couple of hrs in the lab...but I had no answer against them...I main Flash and Supes and have a ok record of 140 odd wins and 100 losses...so i'm not great or bad either...but still with NW could get in enough times.
Any advice on how to get in on zoners and get some "PING PADA PING PING PING" action.

Saitsu

Noob
Block, avoid and dash in. There's really not much else to it. Sinestro's easier to deal with because Staff can actually do shit to him. Supes, you just have to grind.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I just picked up NW like 2 days ago, and last night was my first time taking him online. I'm sure there are plenty of NW mains out there who are way more knowledgeable about him than I am, but I can tell you what works for me.

After a VERY shaky start last night with him (especially against zoners), I started to feel him out more and more, and was soon able to use some of his gimmicks to catch people off guard and close in easier and easier. What I would do is use NW's raw stance change cancels, as well as his combo-trait cancels (to a degree; I need more practice against experienced opponents to come to any real conclusion), to sort of combine the greater mobility of the Escima stance with the mobility of his specials out of the Staff stance. With this I could essentially be in Escrima, use trait, an cancel in to db2 giving me an unexpected quick low attack from full screen, or cancel into bf3 at the mid screen to catch jumping back opponents to get a knock down. I also found to the the bf3 can cross-up at certain ranges on ducking opponents.

Other than that, it was a lot of dash blocking, b2's for the over head, d3's for the sweeps, and air projectiles.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Here's what I've found works for me against most of the cast (still need to figure out Sinestro):

If they spend most of their time on the ground, use Staff's MB ground blast, followed by a dash or a Flying Grayson.
If they spend most of their time in the air, dash, mixing up Wingdings and MB Wingdings to get in.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Condition your opponent to block escrima db2. Then dash cancel it. They'll be waiting to block. You'll be dashing in free.