What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Clone Glitch? Nope...explained inside

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
There's been that instance in multiple characters where they can reversal pass through the clone after a blocked b2. The infamous "Look at that knee" came from a video by Tom showing Jax literally going through the clone with f3. Also erron with s2.

Its the case of subs b2 slightly pushing his hitbox past the freezing point of the clone.

Last edited:

UPR_Nova

Noob
There's been that instance in multiple characters where they can reversal pass through the clone after a blocked b2. The infamous "Look at that knee" came from said video by Tom showing Jax literally going through the clone with f3. Also erron with s2.

Its the case of subs b2 slightly pushing his hitbox past the freezing point of the clone.
That's crazy! I've never seen that video

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Tom deleted it sadly during his meltdown lol. It was a funny video too
And Nivek found the "Look At The Knee" name of the move of Wonder Woman (I think). It's a potential trolling from NRS to Tom Brady. lol

UPR_Nova

Noob
The jab hits both sub-zero and the clone at the same time(same frame), it prioritzes sub, I'm guessing.
My only issue with this is I can put a clone on the screen and move Sub away from it and I can literally put my limb into the chest of the clone and not get frozen. I need to put up a video showing this because it's really disgusting how far I can get into the clone without getting frozen.

Also, forgive me for not tagging you for moderation in the post above! I'm not familiar with things anymore. Still not a good excuse because I believe you were one of the first.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
It is not a glitch. All characters can punch through the Klone up to about their elbows. I tested it a long time ago and had posted theoretical pictures with collision lines. Sadly they've been deleted. This is not a Klone bug or glitch. You're bringing a beaten to death horse back to life to be beaten to death again.

Kicks however collide on immediate contact. Imagine a vertical line on the Klones chest. The head, arms, front leg do not count. Here is whatever I could salvage from my tests.

UPR_Nova

Noob
It is not a glitch. All characters can punch through the Klone up to about their elbows. I tested it a long time ago and had posted theoretical pictures with collision lines. Sadly they've been deleted. This is not a Klone bug or glitch. You're bringing a beaten to death horse back to life to be beaten to death again.

Kicks however collide on immediate contact. Imagine a vertical line on the Klones chest. The head, arms, front leg do not count. Here is whatever I could salvage from my tests.

Thank you so much! I thought I was going to have to go through and come up with my own test to figure this stuff out and I wasn't really feeling it because I2. It would help if stuff like this didn't get deleted. It's unfortunate that I see all of these threads related to nonsense and it's impossible to find anything about the good stuff. This is the kind of stuff that needs to be sticky, easy to find, not deleted, etc. Thank you again for posting this and clarifying what I stumbled upon.

In a related question, why the hell does nobody take advantage of this? Is it because Sub mains take advantage of the proper spacing required to remain safe from the clone being destroyed. I would really appreciate if you could clarify this for me because as it sits, I don't understand why I've NEVER seen anyone deal with the clone in this manner.

Tanno

In a related question, why the hell does nobody take advantage of this? Is it because Sub mains take advantage of the proper spacing required to remain safe from the clone being destroyed. I would really appreciate if you could clarify this for me because as it sits, I don't understand why I've NEVER seen anyone deal with the clone in this manner.
Yep, it's because of this proper spacing. Everyone knows about this, but we tend to get the klone to almost near the point zero position, since most of the variations are not weaponry ones. We use the F42xxKlone, like you did, ONLY for the weaponry variations to make some distance against their weapons. You are the very first to make a tech against the Grandmaster variation for the corner game.

Now, I think that you gave everyone the idea to experiment of those ways to get away from the IK in case they spot on the right opportunity to use this very tech you found there.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Thank you so much! I thought I was going to have to go through and come up with my own test to figure this stuff out and I wasn't really feeling it because I2. It would help if stuff like this didn't get deleted. It's unfortunate that I see all of these threads related to nonsense and it's impossible to find anything about the good stuff. This is the kind of stuff that needs to be sticky, easy to find, not deleted, etc. Thank you again for posting this and clarifying what I stumbled upon.

Everyone stopped caring about MKX for some time now. Good Sub players use proper spacing and timing making it hard. SubZero isn't as threatening as he once was. People adapted so he kind of fell out of the usual tournament use. I'm not sure what you're watching but the last few tournaments I've seen with a stray Sub he was getting bashed. Punishing unsafe strings into Klone, being daring enough to challenge the Klone with attacks, the new double armor moves.

You are the very first to make a tech against the Grandmaster variation for the corner game.

Now, I think that you gave everyone the idea to experiment of those ways to get away from the IK in case they spot on the right opportunity to use this very tech you found there.
I don't know about the very first. Maybe in recent times specifically for Jax. There were many tips and guides to fighting against Sub. People just need to think, watch others and adapt the working techniques to their characters, variations, go to the lab and test like topper did. But in all honesty the game is pretty stale and getting shoved aside for IJ2.

Tanno

Judging from what @crosshair271 showed with his pics it's clear that it's a hitbox/hurtbox issue that IK and the whole cast have. It would be amazing if their own bodies were hitboxes and hurtboxes to the very last detail, so we wouldn't have had this issue here.

crosshair, true about your statement about MKX being staved aside for INJ2. I have discussed about it with Nivek a while ago. it's clear that the competition around MKX is almost officially dead in my own eyes.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
My issue with this and i don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but why is it after sub has done a b2. Have you tried doing it just after the clone? Also not sure you know about this but you can just run and block the clone out of existence bit weird to do consistently but still works.

Tanno

My issue with this and i don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but why is it after sub has done a b2. Have you tried doing it just after the clone? Also not sure you know about this but you can just run and block the clone out of existence bit weird to do consistently but still works.
This one is konfirmed. Have seen my opponents destroying my IK just by doing the fuzzy blocking.

UPR_Nova

Noob
I do that a lot to Subs, especially ones that don't pay attention. Only issue is that you are in block stun after removing the clone from the screen, therefore, Sub could potentially take advantage of that.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Everyone stopped caring about MKX for some time now. Good Sub players use proper spacing and timing making it hard. SubZero isn't as threatening as he once was. People adapted so he kind of fell out of the usual tournament use. I'm not sure what you're watching but the last few tournaments I've seen with a stray Sub he was getting bashed. Punishing unsafe strings into Klone, being daring enough to challenge the Klone with attacks, the new double armor moves.

But in all honesty the game is pretty stale and getting shoved aside for IJ2.
Fair enough. I haven't watched anything recently because I came back to the game probably only a couple months ago because of school so what I do watch is pretty casual for the most part. I'm really only playing to prep for I2 because I can't find Injustice games to save my life. Regardless, I appreciate the info. Maybe it will stay this time.