What's new

Video/Tutorial - Grandmaster Clone does work properly by its current design

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
So......can a character be taken OFF the Salt Report before it comes out, or does the character maintain their Epsom levels for the fact that the incriminating threads are archived and still induced sodium at the time they were created?

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
You've gained some extra respect points from me, even if it doesn't matter. lol It's what I noticed in the training mode when I was doing my testing, which I mentioned in the previous thread a few times. I will say that attack boxes reaching further out than what can actually be hit, is a common thing in about every fighter out there that I can think of even on regular punches and kicks. That's why the word high priority attacks can be stated about certain moves. But disjointed hitboxes, like Kung Jin's staff, and D'vorah's limbs are just easier to point out due to the visual.

I'm still all for the hurtbox reduction on Sub-Zero's normal standing position. I swear it feels like I can grab him with Kitana from his finger tips. And attack him from further back than other characters.

TBH, they should have never made clone disappear on block. No one was asking for that nerf, just an additional cooldown after clone disappears. But, NRS did both. I don't really play Grandmaster, but it was a ridiculous decision.

Shrug. It is what it is, though.
I didn't ask for the subzero nerfs either but calling it midtier is kinda ridiculous. He is basically showing ways the clone can't be used, but ignores the other stuff subzero does have.

TBH, they should have never made clone disappear on block. No one was asking for that nerf, just an additional cooldown after clone disappears. But, NRS did both. I don't really play Grandmaster, but it was a ridiculous decision.

Shrug. It is what it is, though.
EXACTLY. Agree 100% with this post. I am a sub zero player (even though I play all 3 variations cause I find grandmaster kinda boring). But yeah extending clone cooldown would be perfectly enough as far as nerfing goes. And I won't say that he didn't need any normalization at all, but again: extended cooldown would be more than enough, on block disapperance was completely unnecessary.

We still have at least 5 more powerfull characters in this game at this point than grandmaster sub was prior to all the nerfing. Not to even mention his other two variations which would desperately need some buffs, especially unbreakable.

I didn't ask for the subzero nerfs either but calling it midtier is kinda ridiculous. He is basically showing ways the clone can't be used, but ignores the other stuff subzero does have.
Oh I'm not accusing you or anyone specifically. Just making an observation. Brady is saying that SZ is a little outside top 10 though, which is very believeable. He even went on to say that SZ is still a good character. But, it's easy to name 10+ characters that are better.

Oh I'm not accusing you or anyone specifically. Just making an observation. Brady is saying that SZ is a little outside top 10 though, which is very believeable. He even went on to say that SZ is still a good character. But, it's easy to name 10+ characters that are better.
Grandmaster is indeed still the best variation. Maybe it's time to work on the other variations as well and if anything ask for those variations to be better instead of asking for the already best variation to be buffed in every single thread or video.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
AKA: Sub-Zero would lose his throw into Ice Clone and that's scary.

Time to cut losses. Nevermind the multiple threads with pages upon pages. Everything was fine after all. Clone is right as rain. Fix the whole rest of the game, leave Clone alone again.

Self-serving as ever.

SEV

Noob
Admittedly 13th on your tier list, in a game where 10 characters can be considered S tier, and you say he's only mid tier; he's top tier, just not borderline broken tier. Then you say you can still place top 8 with him, but only, "if you actually, you know... really, put a lot of time in with him," as if you're playing Goro or Kitana.

Then you end your video saying you haven't put a single thought into the clone nerf as if you haven't put up multiple threads about it.

There are issues involving the clone, but stahp complaining that the character is bad or that the Sub-Zero struggle is real or at least keep them out of the videos and threads where you are displaying the issues with the ice clone as you derail your own threads by adding other talking points that people will disagree with.

Last edited:
Grandmaster is indeed still the best variation. Maybe it's time to work on the other variations as well and if anything ask for those variations to be better instead of asking for the already best variation to be buffed in every single thread or video.
I tend to agree. Unbreakable needs help, and Cryomancer could use some tweeks to be tourney viable. All the same though, they should have let clone stay on block.

But, like I mentioned, it is what it is. I'd like to see changes across the board for his variations, but I'm not going to hold out too much hope.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
So Sub was never to have safe 50/50s. Ok. Can we at least ask for safe b1,2 and b33 klone cancels?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Thing is, there are characters way worse off and way more in need of adjustments than Sub Zero at this point.
As in, characters that are too strong and characters that are too weak.
Sub only has one tournament-viable variation. Well who can list the characters that don't even have one?
Or the characters with variations whose weak points are dwarfed by their standard play and need looked at in comparison of the rest of the cast?

I mean let's be serious here, you can say for example that a character is bad at zoning but if that character doesn't NEED to zone then what?
It's a broken argument is what. Sure you can pick up things and take them out of context or spin it around until your argument is valid, that's what an advocate does after all. But it's still a fallacy.

I feel that way about Sub Zero right now: we can go on about what he DOESN'T have but he's got a lot of everything else.
He's got excellent tools in Grandmaster, let's look at characters who actually need the extra attention.

Just my two cents.

Admittedly 13th on your tier list, in a game where 10 characters can be considered S tier, and you say he's only mid tier; he's top tier, just not borderline broken tier. Then you say you can still place top 8 with him, but only, "if you actually, you know... really, put a lot of time in with him," as if you're playing Goro or Kitana.

Then you end your video saying you haven't put a single thought into the clone nerf as if you haven't put up multiple threads about it.

There are issues involving the clone, but stahp complaining that the character is bad or that the Sub-Zero struggle is real or at least keep them out of the videos and threads where you are displaying the issues with the ice clone as you derail your own threads by adding other talking points that people will disagree with.
I have never said he's bad. I just say he is not this top 5 character where most of the cast has, and I quote, "No Options".

Wigy

There it is...
So Sub was never to have safe 50/50s. Ok. Can we at least ask for safe b1,2 and b33 klone cancels?
Why should they be safe. That has always been the meta with subzero. You shouldn't be allowed to put a clone up in somebodies face for 0 risk. Thats stupid, guna make the character even more flowchart than he is.

SEV

Noob
I have never said he's bad. I just say he is not this top 5 character where most of the cast has, and I quote, "No Options".
True, but you've expressed the point in just about every other way possible, except implicitly. I don't think anyone argues that he is a top five character that certain characters have no options against, though. That's just a polarizing, over-exaggeration to be used as an attempt to prove yourself right by proving a point that no one is making, wrong. Don't mean to start an argument though; just giving advice: don't make points unrelated to the subject matter you're trying to convey or your thread is going to be derailed just like the other three you've made that relate to this same topic.

Last edited: