What's new

clash system - broken or intended ?

dansel

Noob
so today I noticed something: the amount of HP you get back after a clash is fix. if you win with 2 bars you should getting back 25% of your health, but instead you get back exactly 250 HP. if you are a high health character like batman (1250 HP), this is an massive disadvantage, isnt it? i dont know if i am missing something, but this seems not to be right!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If you're a 1000HP character then 250HP is right. Go into practice mode with a 1250HP character and a 1000HP character (make sure to turn on competitive mode), turn on clash in the practice settings and set health to 60%, record the AI to hit you a few times and then you clash that. Spend two bars and see how much you get back by looking at the health bar. Set yourself as the other character and repeat this process. If you're the 1000HP character then 250HP is correct, but as the 1250HP character you should get 312/313HP back.

dansel

Noob
like i said before. you get 250 HP back .. the HP does not matter. i saw it today while watching the CEO. so it is broken ?

Youphemism

like i said before. you get 250 HP back .. the HP does not matter. i saw it today while watching the CEO. so it is broken ?
Huh, I just tried this in practice myself and you're right. If Scarecrow, who has 1250 health, clashes and wins by 2 bars he should get 312.50 health back but he only gets 250 back. However if he clashes and loses by 2 bars he takes 312.50 damage. Nice catch @dansel !

Doing something I don't do unless it actually requires it, @colt seems clash is bugged!

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So what
Huh, I just tried this in practice myself and you're right. If Scarecrow, who has 1250 health, clashes and wins by 2 bars he should get 312.50 health back but he only gets 250 back. However if he clashes and loses by 2 bars he takes 312.50 damage. Nice catch @dansel !

Doing something I don't do unless it actually requires it, @colt seems clash is bugged!
So what you mean to tell me is, if I win a clash I'm screwed, and if I lose a clash I'm even more screwed? With the meter-intensive meta that's already tilted in the direction of zoning characters, they have another leg up on me, the lowly rushdown player? So every patient match is a slow death after all?

WATCHD0G

Noob
wow this is great find. and like someone mentioned earlier, this really has some great implication on how past matches have ended

Youphemism

So what

So what you mean to tell me is, if I win a clash I'm screwed, and if I lose a clash I'm even more screwed? With the meter-intensive meta that's already tilted in the direction of zoning characters, they have another leg up on me, the lowly rushdown player? So every patient match is a slow death after all?
#DefensiveMechanicsDeserveBuffs

MK_Al

Noob
I don't know, looks like an oversight, but might as well be intended? Different characters don't only have different amount of life, but different amount of defense as well. I once compaired - i think it was - catwoman and superman. Turns out that although char 1 had 25% more life, but lower defense, you only had to deal 10% more damage to kill char 2 (as opposed to 25%). Not sure if lower health always means better defense, but it seems more komplex. Competitive mode ON ofc

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
If you're a 1000HP character then 250HP is right. Go into practice mode with a 1250HP character and a 1000HP character (make sure to turn on competitive mode), turn on clash in the practice settings and set health to 60%, record the AI to hit you a few times and then you clash that. Spend two bars and see how much you get back by looking at the health bar. Set yourself as the other character and repeat this process. If you're the 1000HP character then 250HP is correct, but as the 1250HP character you should get 312/313HP back.
Dude

Youphemism

This also means its benefits thr characters with higher health if their opponent dealt like lets say 25% for darksied ... they will not lose 350 HP, but will lose only 250 HP
No that's the wrong way around, you LOSE 25% damage. But instead of getting 25% back (which is usually more than 250HP) you only get 250HP back

Wavy

Block Spammer
@Seobones Told me this like a week ago, if not more, and I didn't think anything of it because I didn't see a thread about it on TYM by then. Holy shit at this being legit. That's a huge problem.

seveergg

The Elegant Swagger Beast
Soooooo is it not possible that in competitive mode the health is equaled stat wise but maybe the bug is rather that it still shows uneven health values duringg a fight causing confusion?
Just curious because this not only seems like a legitimately near impossiblity that they missed this in such a popular game. Also, idk about anyone else but i dont notice an impact, maybe its because im used to the way the game is but i mean i never get into a clash and go "FUCKING BUSTED CLASH SYSTEM NRS DICKFARTS!". Who knows i could just be optimistically oblivious

Youphemism

Soooooo is it not possible that in competitive mode the health is equaled stat wise but maybe the bug is rather that it still shows uneven health values duringg a fight causing confusion?
Just curious because this not only seems like a legitimately near impossiblity that they missed this in such a popular game. Also, idk about anyone else but i dont notice an impact, maybe its because im used to the way the game is but i mean i never get into a clash and go "FUCKING BUSTED CLASH SYSTEM NRS DICKFARTS!". Who knows i could just be optimistically oblivious
Well you still lose the correct amount of health if you lose a clash, you just don't gain the right amount back when you win it.