What's new

Clans: Learning their true benefit

Solo

Shadow Priest
Premium Supporter
What I'm about to say isn't true of every online clan (there are some really great ones), but it's true of a lot of them:

1) They attract younger players. Many players who are too young to be able to travel consistently. This isn't a bad thing in itself, but it leads to some of the following:

2) Clans in 'clan wars' bicker incessantly over the smallest things.. There is a lot of e-pride jockeying for things that don't really make a difference. After seeing hundreds of pages of clans arguing over supremacy and trying to prove e-dominance on MKU (as well as people from clans that have treated me with superiority complex online), I have a sour taste in my mouth about the whole 'online clan battles' situation.

3) A lot of clans impose silly rules, for the sake of having rules. Again this isn't every clan; but if you populate your team with good, mature people who know how to conduct themselves, you don't need a charter of 50 rules. Again, a lot of this has to do with having younger players that need to be 'reigned in'.
I understand you said this doesn't apply to all clans, but it's pretty farfetched.

1. SonicFox(14 or 15) - Is one of the youngest I've ran into. Before my clan ran into a few problems our aged ranged from 14 to 20. Now, my Clan ranges from High School Seniors on up. It doesn't attract young players, but new players. People that's new to the community. Young isn't the correct choice of words. Overall, there is more older people than younger.

2. I can sympathize with them. You're suppose to take pride in your clan. When you see people complaining over "Clan Wars", understand that a problem occurred during or before that war. That minor problem could cost them the war. Which creates confusion. No one wants to lose, so in return they get pretty heated. Online or Offline.. I don't care, it's competition. Some of the drama brings hype. Like Emps vs 88s if they meet in the King of Clans Tournament. Emps swear the 88s have been dodging them for a year, but if they beat KbS the long awaited fight will happen.

3. TBH.. Most clans just have basic sportsmanship rules. Say "GGs", don't rage quit, don't use banned infinities(if the game has it), don't abuse banned glitches, and you can't be in another clan while with us.

At the end of the day, we all respect for each other. I'm kind of limiting what I really want to say, because I don't want to write a book.
I've often wondered, especially with clans like STB and C88 who have such a complex structure, how much work goes into running a clan like that? I know it can't be easy, I'm just curious how much time in a given month the clan leaders put into running them. I have a lot of respect for those guys, I can be hard to deal with all the e-peens out there, not to mention organizing the chaos that can be wars...dealing with divas who think they should be in a higher squad or whatever. lol damn, just writing this makes me glad I'm not a clan creator/leader. mad respect.

GamerBlake90
STB CharlieMurphy
Bildslash
Solo

What's a day in the life of a clan leader
It's not hard being a Clan Leader. It's annoying at times, but not hard. I'll tell you the most annoying thing:
Clan Wars. Managing time and members, informing everyone, other clans and their leaders, just a lot... :(

If you want a more in-depth explanation, just ask, and I'll make a thread about it tomorrow on both sites.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Premium Supporter
I am all up for clans... it shows that competitive edge that one person has for there TEAM, that desire to beat the other group to achieve bragging rights or etc. IMO a clans focus is to exploit the playing field and how to maneuver easy goals, rather than looking at the hard way to approach things; they find easier ways to catch things off guard to achieve non-challenging points or wins. Also it feels good to talk shit and be competitive against other teams or even within the team (lol); otherwise whats the point of gaming or competition for that matter?!

Fr0zenKold

I hit cause I can
Ive tried to join a couple clans, 2 of which say "you wont get in just based on skill" but yet here i am, clanless. I have been told i have potential but i lack basic fundamentals which would make me a better player and have also been told "ill help you with fundamentals" but yet here i am still lacking fundamentals which ive tried to research and found nothing. Maybe im looking in the wrong places, idk. Is here anyone out there that would be willing to help me out? Im a very fast learner and learn best when things are explained/shown.

Ive tried to join a couple clans, 2 of which say "you wont get in just based on skill" but yet here i am, clanless. I have been told i have potential but i lack basic fundamentals which would make me a better player and have also been told "ill help you with fundamentals" but yet here i am still lacking fundamentals which ive tried to research and found nothing. Maybe im looking in the wrong places, idk. Is here anyone out there that would be willing to help me out? Im a very fast learner and learn best when things are explained/shown.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/nrf-nether-realm-fighters-official-team-thread.34613/

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I was in 1 clan and it was Bodybag. I joined it because, for some reason, their leader (riddla at the time) didnt rage quit against me and actually commended my skill. The best thing about that clan was watching other people rage against me when I beat them because "bodybag are scrubs". Rain didnt seem to give a shit about that =)

R.M.P.C^2

I just want to RUSH YOU DOWN!!
I agree with all of this which is why I want to join one. But even making friends who are in Clans helps as far as getting so experience with experienced player, Yet nothing compares to feeling like you belong with like minded people/strangers and have earned your keep. Respect to all you clans out there.

I see a lot of mention in this thread from people being interested in possibly joining a clan. Though RM has become mostly an Offline team. We still have a great online experience for those who can't travel, or live places where offline is scarce.

If you're interested in trying out for RM, message @AK RM Blake on here. Or visit the RM prospect thread.

-STRANGER

Mr Aquaman

Tourny Master
I see a lot of mention in this thread from people being interested in possibly joining a clan. Though RM has become mostly an Offline team. We still have a great online experience for those who can't travel, or live places where offline is scarce.

If you're interested in trying out for RM, message @AK RM Blake on here. Or visit the RM prospect thread.

-STRANGER
Through trials and tribulations you may have what it takes, if you are on XBL send me a message and I can show you the path to being in RM. I do take bribes.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Yeah I recommend finding a clan to any up and comer.
It helps with building a network of training partners

After spectating my first tournament which was Winter brawl 9. I would love to find a group of peeps I can learn from, and grow with. Being shy is my biggest handicap. Smh :(