What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer68

Fujin!

So basically everything new in the files (from thethiny):
  • Game data corruption prank added (Why NRS?).
  • New main menu card, but not sure what it's for.
  • Test Your Might, Test Your Strike, and Test Your Luck (including modifiers) were added.
  • Kustom Kombat was added.
  • Battle Passes seem to be a thing now, something called the "Tower Pass"
  • Goro's Lair Throne Room and Goro's Lair Pit. Maybe new stages?
  • Online Special Events. Has Hyper Kombat, Juggle Kombat, Brutality Kombat, Soul Survivor, and Power Struggle.
  • Additional Krypt stuff from last year are still in the files. Mentions The Living Forest, teleporters, and apparently some kinda online stuff.
  • The "GOTY" stuff that was in the files way back is indeed related to Aftermath, seems to be what the expansion was called internally.
  • All stages have a Stage Fatality placeholder (might not mean anything though).
  • Ash Williams completely removed from the files.
  • Cyrax and Sektor added to character select screen. Cyrax arcade ending placeholder was removed though, but Sektor and Kronika got new placeholders. You can fight Cyrax and Sektor in Test Your Luck. Despite this, the only character that seems to actually have a chance of being playable as of right now is Sektor, because he has intro interaction placeholders with all of the new DLC characters.
  • Fighter Pack 3 added back to the files.
TL;DR: New mini-games/modes, battlepasses, MAYBE new stages and stage fatalities, Ash Williams probably isn't happening, Sektor could be happening. Krypt expansion still a maybe. No new characters mentioned but "Fighter Pack 3" is in the files again.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Goro's Lair Throne Room is already a stage. And idk what Goro's Lair Pit is. These are probably for other things.

I wonder what's going on with the supposed Krypt expansion...

Goro's Lair Throne Room is already a stage. And idk what Goro's Lair Pit is. These are probably for other things.

I wonder what's going on with the supposed Krypt expansion...
A krypt expansion would add some extra life to the game for me.

Regarding Ash,

Wouldn't it be interesting if the positive online reaction to his datamine is the reason he won't be included.

Meaning, the rumour seemed to be that there was a hitch in the deal making process between WB/NRS and the Evildead people.

If the evildead people saw a huge amount of interest online it might give them some leverage to ask for a lot more in their deal and NRS/WB is waffling.

Just a theory...

Last edited:
Been lurking around these parts way too long. Fujin and Sheeva are amazing. Cannot wait to see what they do with Havik.

Also, that DVDGame dude is over on GameFAQS trying to push his BS again. I'm having lots of fun with him at the moment.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The recent leak from 4chan was strangely accurate about the Sindel chapter. It was precise on the details.

Now let's see if Rambo gets announced or not.

I only trust MKDragon, so the only characters I believe are possible are Sektor and Mileena.

By the way, Shinnok should be back. A couple of characters were talking dirt on his back, so he should come back to kick their asses!

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
The recent leak from 4chan was strangely accurate about the Sindel chapter. It was precise on the details.

Now let's see if Rambo gets announced or not.

I only trust MKDragon, so the only characters I believe are possible are Sektor and Mileena.

By the way, Shinnok should be back. A couple of characters were talking dirt on his back, so he should come back to kick their asses!
any clue when new chars/DLC gonna "leak" i mean when can we expect anthing at all

with no Rambo i want Reptile or Chameleon or Havik with insane op stuff , Robocop is awesome and for now im gonna enjoy some police brutality ...

Pizza

Thrill Kill
any clue when new chars/DLC gonna "leak" i mean when can we expect anthing at all

with no Rambo i want Reptile or Chameleon or Havik with insane op stuff , Robocop is awesome and for now im gonna enjoy some police brutality ...
The leaker said that Rambo will be announced in June. Keep in my mind that the guy was a fraud. I think @Nickolaidas knows him well. So don't get your hopes up.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
"However, the Elder Gods are not dead this time, but manage to escape in their own "Nexus outside of time and space"

This also holds up as well now given aftermath storymode and the void.

Was dvdgameswhatever his name was the true prophet in the end?

mattteo

Noob
The leaker said that Rambo will be announced in June. Keep in my mind that the guy was a fraud. I think @Nickolaidas knows him well. So don't get your hopes up.

dvd games guy was actually right, no way someone would know that detail of Darrius and Hotaru. He is on gamefaqs. Seems to have gotten the MK movie right too, there is another thread which says much the same: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/78724774

I will gather all the leaks in one thread, I think some of that Waddles Leaker are true as well, he also said Havi, Daegon and a guest (but he said Michael Myers) are to be released during the year.

Last edited:

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
TBF, we all couldve guessed the choose your ending from something as simple as the blurb on PSN that literally told you you'd be making a choice, and we all knew it was coming down to Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung.

I'd written off all the Aftermath leaks before release, and I've pretty much double-downed on that now.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
dvd games guy was actually right, no way someone would know that detail of Darrius and Hotaru. He is on gamefaqs. Seems to have gotten the MK movie right too, there is another thread which says much the same: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/78724774

I will gather all the leaks in one thread, I think some of that Waddles Leaker are true as well, he also said Havi, Daegon and a guest (but he said Michael Myers) are to be released during the year.
DVD GAMES WAS THE LIGHT ALL ALONG

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Another "leak" surfaced today, it's fake so no worries.

This thread is already too disorganized, and apparently the leak that started it has been debunked. We should have a new thread for leaks and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.