What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Looks like the John Wick leak is BS also. They said 3 new story chapters are coming but it's actually 5. It already had mistakes before, but I felt like I could write those off as just being changes made by the devs or something because the info was a little old. But missing story chapters is a bit much. Honestly I think ALL leaks that have happened in the past few weeks have been BS at this point.

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
Looks like the John Wick leak is BS also. They said 3 new story chapters are coming but it's actually 5. It already had mistakes before, but I felt like I could write those off as just being changes made by the devs or something because the info was a little old. But missing story chapters is a bit much. Honestly I think ALL leaks that have happened in the past few weeks have been BS at this point.
Of course they have. It's always the same with a new content announcement - people use it as a baseline and start churning out "believable" leaks for funsies. Very rarely are they legit. I'm pretty sure the genuine Aftermath leak wasn't an insider situation, more likely a marketing leak considering its wording matches the store description 1:1. That's the common trend with all of the accurate leaks so far - there was a correlating piece of marketing or datamine around the same time they appeared.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - trust only in the datamines. They are the path to true enlightenment.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Of course they have. It's always the same with a new content announcement - people use it as a baseline and start churning out "believable" leaks for funsies. Very rarely are they legit. I'm pretty sure the genuine Aftermath leak wasn't an insider situation, more likely a marketing leak considering its wording matches the store description 1:1. That's the common trend with all of the accurate leaks so far - there was a correlating piece of marketing or datamine around the same time they appeared.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - trust only in the datamines. They are the path to true enlightenment.
I'm kinda worried that the Aftermath update won't have anything new in the files, though. Like what if NRS changes something in their development to stop the leaks? I don't see them making the same mistake again. If so we could be stuck without an answer to whether not NRS is planning more content or not for a good while. I just hope it isn't like MKXL where they didn't really comment on whether or not there would be a KP3 until it was obvious they had moved on to Injustice 2.

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
I'm kinda worried that the Aftermath update won't have anything new in the files, though. Like what if NRS changes something in their development to stop the leaks? I don't see them making the same mistake again. If so we could be stuck without an answer to whether not NRS is planning more content or not for a good while. I just hope it isn't like MKXL where they didn't really comment on whether or not there would be a KP3 until it was obvious they had moved on to Injustice 2.
Well, we already know there will be 8 more characters. We've also got a pretty good indicator on one of them, and not-so-clear indicators on two more (it's rather ambiguous what those files mean). That's as much as we know from the current (post-Spawn) datamine. We also know who the final boss of Aftermath is likely to be thanks to a leaked model.

Even if nothing new is added into the files, the big thing will be how Aftermath's plot turns out. A lot of the current leaks have their own ideas on how it'll go, and most if not all will be debunked by this time next week. It'll also shed light on those two iffy indicators I mentioned, since they were cutscene files.

I mean, using "autistic" as an insult, cringey ass blurb about Sheeva below your username, some nonsense about paywalls and a 78 hour story. You might be pleasant in real life, but you're not exactly making a rosy first impression here.
I'm unpleasant?
After reading your comment, to be fair I took a gander at your profile and a lot of your posts are unnecessarily combative. So yes is the answer.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
After reading your comment, to be fair I took a gander at your profile and a lot of your posts are unnecessarily combative. So yes is the answer.
Basically, he complains about having to play story mode for 20 minutes (if he skips cutscenes) in order to unlock Frost.

Bitching and whining taken to a whole new level.

This guys belongs in the gamefaqs boards, tbh.

Basically, he complains about having to play story mode for 20 minutes (if he skips cutscenes) in order to unlock Frost.

This guys belongs in the gamefaqs boards, tbh.
Says the person posting on a competitive MK forum that didn’t know what a breakaway was.
Lets not turn this into a bash fest. I think we can all stand to have fewer sh*tposts.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
God forbid I dislike Mortal Kombat on a Mortal Kombat forum.
I mean, using "autistic" as an insult, cringey ass blurb about Sheeva below your username, some nonsense about paywalls and a 78 hour story. You might be pleasant in real life, but you're not exactly making a rosy first impression here.
This is not the only social media I use lol get a grip. The 78 hour thing was clearly an exaggeration, and MK11 does have microtransactions that do block features of the game.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Kai and Deathstroke are basically unbelievable to me, in a pure marketing sense. Kai basically the least important character in the least important MK game, and if you want a INJ3 tie in there are so many better options than Deathstroke from both a visibility and profitability point of view. How could you possibly expect to move units and sales with Kai? At least Jarek had the funny meme ending that has lived on through the ages.

Like Daegon and Taven are odd ducks too, but at least they were nominally the "main characters" of one of the games in the franchise, a lot more believable and workable from a sell dlc standpoint.
Black Shaolin sounds cool tho. Ali he really needs is a good design. Just look at this!

Attachments

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Just like I said.

In the interview with Geoff Keighley, Ed Boon said that Robocop was planned from the beginning. And it makes absolute sense. I don't know why people thought he was an aftertought, or suddenly included in place of another character.

At the same time, I think he implied that the thing with Bruce Campbell just fell off. He said that they "pursued" a lot of people to make some guests happen and for "whatever reasons" they couldn't make it.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Just like I said.

In the interview with Geoff Keighley, Ed Boon said that Robocop was planned from the beginning. And it makes absolute sense. I don't know why people thought he was an aftertought, or suddenly included in place of another character.

At the same time, I think he implied that the thing with Bruce Campbell just fell off. He said that they "pursued" a lot of people to make some guests happen and for "whatever reasons" they couldn't make it.

that " u can expect any icon from 80's and 90's to show up " makes Rambo more close to reality than john weak...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
that " u can expect any icon from 80's and 90's to show up " makes Rambo more close to reality than john weak...
I get that Boon is passionate about bringing to MK all those characters whom many MK characters are references of - Predator, Terminator, Robocop …

My question is … when does it get way too much? I mean, we have four guests right now. And if there are 8-10 more characters coming, this may mean 3-5 more guests … bringing it to a total of 7-9 guest characters. That's just whack.

And like many folks have said, the best names are already in the game. Heck, we even have some WTF? names in terms of relevance, like Leatherface.
Since Boon made it clear that guests of MK11 is all about 80s-90s icons (that can fit with the MK theme), Myers is out (thank God).

So what 80s-90s icons are we talking about that can fit the MK theme?

Ellen Ripley? Other than having a machine gun, I don't see her being a combatant unless they put her hybrid clone persona from Resurrection (who had super strength).

Pinhead? He's a horror icon and that doesn't seem to be the theme in MK11 (Terminator started as horror but he's clearly an action movie icon from T2 and after)

Shredder from the Turtles show? Yes, please.

Rambo? It fits, especially if they want to pull an Arnold vs Stallone theme.

Lady Death? Totally irrelevant today, but that didn't stop them with Robocop, and she was a female badass back then.

Deathstroke? Wouldn't mind, but I'd hardly call him an 80s-90s icon.

John Wick? Not an 80s-90s icon, as far as I know.

Skeletor? My wet dream, but I don't see Mattel approving this. However, there is a Netflix limited series which will be a sequel to the 80s cartoon and a movie supposedly coming out in 2021, so … who knows?

Venom/Wolverine/Deadpool from marvel comics? That would be insane. Definitely 90s icons, are extra edgy, violent and have kickass one-liners. If only WB and Marvel (Disney) could somehow make this work … it would be I-N-S-AAAA-N-E.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My question is … when does it get way too much? I mean, we have four guests right now. And if there are 8-10 more characters coming, this may mean 3-5 more guests … bringing it to a total of 7-9 guest characters.
It isn't about that. 1 Guest is to much to a die hard MK fan, as there are so many actual MK Lore characters that have yet to be used, and most of us would want a brand new MK character over a guest if they really didn't want to use old characters.

But do not be fooled into thinking that this the majority view. As a MK fan Site and one that used to focus on the pro-scene we have a disproportionate concentration of rabid MK fans.. the truth is that the Guest DLC far, far FAR exceeds sales than actual MK ones. This was the case in MKx, even Injustice 2.

Guests sell, and sell super well as the literal 10s of 1000s of people that buy this game that are casual recognise and love terminator, so are attracted to that DLC.

In an application this large you gota take into consideration that my or your opinion may not represent the majority.

Venom/Wolverine/Deadpool from marvel comics?
Never EVER going to happen. They are all Disney, WB has DC, so DC is all we will ever get or independents.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Never EVER going to happen. They are all Disney, WB has DC, so DC is all we will ever get or independents.
Sure, but we got Spawn, didn't we? A character from another comic book company.

And it's not like Marvel and DC haven't collaborated in the past for crossovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.