What's new

Circa eSports Signs Forever King For Injustice 2

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Not surprisingly, after his recent announcement of his departure from Yomi Gaming, news has surfaced that Forever King has been signed up by multi-platform eSports organisation - Circa eSports.

This is a fantastic opportunity for Forever King and will hopefully result in his inclusion in as many Injustice 2 tournaments as possible. And with team members such as Circa Nicky and Circa Destroyer, team Circa is shaping up to be a formidable force in Injustice 2.

This news has even been covered by ESPN, here's a quote from the man himself from the article:

"Injustice was my best game and Injustice 2 is so similar to the original that my skill will translate over," Quiles told ESPN. "I was the best Batman player in Injustice and he plays nearly the same in the sequel, but I will pick up new characters like Black Canary."

For the full ESPN article, you can read it here.

As sponsors have clearly recognised the financial potential that Injustice 2 will bring, in an atmosphere of where eSports is growing and so is the popularity of superhero franchises, now would be a good time for top players to send their competitive resumes and covering letters to established organisations for a chance to be signed up in time for Injustice 2.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Gratz to FK!!

I still and not 100% sure I understand what sponsorship actually means.

As sponsors have clearly recognised the financial potential that Injustice 2 will bring, in an atmosphere of where eSports is growing and so is the popularity of superhero franchises, now would be a good time for top players to send their competitive resumes and covering letters to established organisations for a chance to be signed up in time for Injustice 2.
^^ This

I remember a telling post from one of the guys involved in the ESL MKx events. This was when ESL had stopped but the netcode was now out and everyone was begging for a new netcode esl.

He basically said MKx had some of the best stream numbers and constant viewer counts but try as they might they couldn't get sponsors for such a violent and dark game. There just wasn't anyway for the money wheels to turn with MKx and he stressed that they "tried everything".

IJ2 will not have this problem, in fact the lighter tone and the DC link with comics being so huge right now could mean IJ2 can reach a level in eSports MK only dreamt of.

I expect ESL to start up in IJ2 for example. With the big prize pool and the off line finals and all that.

It is going to be RAD!!