What's new

Cincinnati Kombat Klassic (was Get it in Ohio) 2019 results!

Thank you SO SO much to EVERYONE who came out and made this a great time! We had lots of returning faces and plenty of new ones! We had our biggest turnout yet for the UMK3 main event, with 26 entries. Our newest event, MK2, had 13 participants, which is what we had for the one and only event our first year, in 2016.

One of the coolest things I saw was while we were gearing up for MK2+ on Sunday, a guy came from inside the arcade to see what was going on. He ended up playing in the MK2+ tournament, and you know what? The guy could hang! He stayed after the MK2+ event for quite a while, and was decent at both MK2 and UMK3. We also had a few people come from inside the arcade and spectate some of the events for a while, which was just awesome.

Overall, I think we had 30 or 31 people at the event between tournament entries. As for overall entries between 6 events, there were 86 entries. Not too bad! Lots of people playing multiple events.

At this point, I want to apologize for the unforeseen technical issues we had in the early going with some of the control configurations. Things went well during casuals Friday night, but it turns out the more controllers you connect/disconnect, the more finicky the software got. It ended up extending the event beyond what I would have liked it to. We usually wrap up the main event before 9 PM, but we went well past that. And, if in giving the details for the events in previous posts, I unintentionally set an unreasonable expectation that a 26 person double elimination tournament would only take 3 hours to run, I apologize. The plan was to have a few events running concurrently, staggering start times to fit more events in, and unfortunately it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. We had 2 stations setup to stream on, and we only ended up using one for the stream as we took losers bracket games off stream, mostly because there were a lot of people watching the event, and shuffling around between setups would wear people out.

Nonetheless, we had a total of $1000 pot bonus money that was given out to the winners of the events!

Check out the standings at each link below:
UMK3 1v1 main event: https://challonge.com/CKKUMK3
1st place: @NoDoubt
2nd place: @Cienfuegos
3rd place: psshhh

UMK3 randper kombat:
1st place: @NoDoubt
2nd place @tehdrewsus
3rd place: ddy_08

UMK3 2v2 Teams:
1st place: @Cienfuegos / @Drakonian
2nd place: @tehdrewsus / ziggy
3rd place: ddy_08 / @dubson

MK Trilogy 2v2:
1st place: nodoubt
2nd place: ddy_08
3rd place: cienfuegos

MK2:
1st place: @Postmortem
2nd place: mclov1ns
3rd place: Ces

MK2+ tag team exhibition (single elim)
1st place: Ryan of Mortem
2nd place: Postmortem

A HUGE thank you to EVERYONE who came out and supported, our sponsors KombatNetwork @Shock and @YourMKArcadeSource at The Arcade in Wichita.
Like I said at the end... this isn't my tournament. I just organize and run the events. it's YOU GUYS, the PLAYERS, the KOMBATANTS, that make this event what it is. Already can't wait for next year!

Check out twitch.tv/tehdrewsus for the stream archive. I'll also be breaking out individual matches and uploading to YouTube.

NoDoubt

nasty
Thanks for another awesome event. After a terrible week, this def made up for it.

Me n Ziggy were talking at the tourny and I made up an interesting point that the offline umk community is having a bit of a rise despite the online scene pretty dead. This is reverse from Shocks days, where not many came out to the offline events, but had a huge online scene lol.

This prob has to do with the poor ports and Mame being the primary way to go, but barely any of us had legit practice before this event as usual. Many havent played in over a year so I think they all do good considering.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Thanks for another awesome event. After a terrible week, this def made up for it.

Me n Ziggy were talking at the tourny and I made up an interesting point that the offline umk community is having a bit of a rise despite the online scene pretty dead. This is reverse from Shocks days, where not many came out to the offline events, but had a huge online scene lol.

This prob has to do with the poor ports and Mame being the primary way to go, but barely any of us had legit practice before this event as usual. Many havent played in over a year so I think they all do good considering.
FYI all, we're working on getting this event properly submitted to our rankings system. Currently, it is not in correctly.

@tehdrewsus @Shock

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Back then we had more people online saying "if" they came out, they would win. We were pulling good numbers right before MK9 came out though.

You want match play videos? You got them! 62 fights to be exact. Link below to the playlists page.