What's new

Chris G goes 1 - 2 with broken character OP Kenshi

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I refer you to post 79.

I am not insulting current Kenshi players, I just don't think a lot of Kenshi's are currently utilizing his tools with the prospect of offense, but more so with defense in mind. Kenshi is absolutely scary in the corner. He has such good push back and great whiff punishing (not damage wise, but ease of the whiff punish (SC) ) A lot of players are not working on taking Kenshi and turning him into a bulldozer instead of the wall that he is now.

I believe Kenshi has severe bullying potential. I am talking about easily pushing people to the corner, and not ever letting them out. I alot of kenshis are content staying full screen at all times. In your face bully kenshi is unexplored, and I imagine most certainly viable.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I am not insulting current Kenshi players, I just don't think a lot of Kenshi's are currently utilizing his tools with the prospect of offense, but more so with defense in mind. Kenshi is absolutely scary in the corner. He has such good push back and great whiff punishing (not damage wise, but ease of the whiff punish (SC) ) A lot of players are not working on taking Kenshi and turning him into a bulldozer instead of the wall that he is now.

I believe Kenshi has severe bullying potential. I am talking about easily pushing people to the corner, and not ever letting them out. I alot of kenshis are content staying full screen at all times. In your face bully kenshi is unexplored, and I imagine most certainly viable.
I agree with everything you`re saying except the statement that this is unexplored. Kenshi`s stay full screen when they need to. There`s no point in rushing into cage. But plenty of matches require rushdown Kenshi and his amazing corner pressure. I don`t think any kenshi doesn`t know that, and I have countless videos on this stuff.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I agree with everything you`re saying except the statement that this is unexplored. Kenshi`s stay full screen when they need to. There`s no point in rushing into cage. But plenty of matches require rushdown Kenshi and his amazing corner pressure. I don`t think any kenshi doesn`t know that, and I have countless videos on this stuff.
Right, but I am not arguing the fact that you have videos, nor am I insulting your ability or your Kenshi. I am just saying that I think Kenshi's will start to push forward more in matches instead of lame ducking it like they are now. Kenshi's current playstyle is keep away...I think it will evolve into Bull Rush to the corner.

Because no one wants to put time into this boring character. Its not like hes some super hard character to win with
Then pick him up, learn his braindead tactics, and make top 8 at ur next tournament.

It's the same argument when kabal was on blast. If he's so broken and so easy then everyone should main him.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
yes theyre all 6-4

WayoftheFist
I honestly don't think my thoughts on the matter are worth sharing. I have my opinions but they're mostly theory. I tend to mostly agree with REO's vid on Kenshi's placement. I realize some of his points are at present time "theory" but they could easily evolve into reality. I don't really feel like sharing my personal opinions on his matchups here because who the hell am I? Some free guy who gets bodied at tournaments. I could agree or disagree with you and it carries absolutely no weight.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I honestly don't think my thoughts on the matter are worth sharing. I have my opinions but they're mostly theory. I tend to mostly agree with REO's vid on Kenshi's placement. I realize some of his points are at present time "theory" but they could easily evolve into reality. I don't really feel like sharing my personal opinions on his matchups here because who the hell am I? Some free guy who gets bodied at tournaments. I could agree or disagree with you and it carries absolutely no weight.

Just because reo says kenshi is #2 does not make it so.

Kenshi is a fucking dumb character. Chris G using him for like a few days and then going 1-2 against a guy who has religiously been pretty much a kitana only player since he started playing this game 3 years ago or whatever and has prob studied the mu religiously doesnt change that lol

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Just because reo says kenshi is #2 does not make it so.
I don't know if he's correct or not I just think he makes a lot of sense. I see both sides of the discussion because Mayo made a ton of great points as well with his thread dissecting Kenshi's more difficult matchups. I can see the character reaching a point where he takes control of more matchups or some of the bad mus are thought of as even the way REO describes too though. I just remember at one point people thought Kabal lost to Jax. Time will tell as Kenshi's game evolves even more.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I don't know if he's correct or not I just think he makes a lot of sense. I see both sides of the discussion because Mayo made a ton of great points as well with his thread dissecting Kenshi's more difficult matchups. I can see the character reaching a point where he takes control of more matchups or some of the bad mus are thought of as even the way REO describes too though. I just remember at one point people thought Kabal lost to Jax. Time will tell as Kenshi's game evolves even more.
If you played Kenshi and actually knew about there character like us Kenshi players do, you would understand why that video is retarded and why Kenshi is not numero dos.

I think even if Kenshi is played to his FULL potential in those mus we might find that he beats one maybe two and then goes even with the rest save for a couple he still is at disadvantage. There's holes in reos explainations.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
If you played Kenshi and actually knew about there character like us Kenshi players do, you would understand why that video is retarded and why Kenshi is not numero dos.
I do play Kenshi. I just don't play him well enough to feel like I understand his full potential yet.

I think even if Kenshi is played to his FULL potential in those mus we might find that he beats one maybe two and then goes even with the rest save for a couple he still is at disadvantage. There's holes in reos explainations.

Personally I think at the end of the day his bad mus will be Cyrax, Lao, Kabal, maybe Freddy (but maybe not Kenshi destroys him up close.) once every last thing is fleshed out. What I really don't understand is why everyone seems obsessed with his tier placement as of late. Who actually gives a shit if he's #2 in the S+ tier or just in the cluster of S tier characters under Kabal? The fact stands that the character is obviously very good. He steamrolls the majority of the low tiers and most of his bad mu's should be manageable if they're being listed as 4-6. So what if someone says your character is broken? Laugh at them. In their face. They're probably complaining because they just lost to him or it's character salt. Who cares what anyone thinks about the stupid tier list? All the up-playing, down-playing, crying and bitching at the end of the day mean absolutely nothing. It is what it is. Somebody is going to win and somebody is going to lose. If the character ends up being the reason why then clearly the loser of the match chose a poor strategy and isn't as good as you. If a certain character reduces the chance of the loser being you then use him. Let the complainers complain and the tier talk continue. It's a waste of time honestly.

I do play Kenshi. I just don't play him well enough to feel like I understand his full potential yet.

Personally I think at the end of the day his bad mus will be Cyrax, Lao, Kabal, maybe Freddy (but maybe not Kenshi destroys him up close.) once every last thing is fleshed out. What I really don't understand is why everyone seems obsessed with his tier placement as of late. Who actually gives a shit if he's #2 in the S+ tier or just in the cluster of S tier characters under Kabal? The fact stands that the character is obviously very good. He steamrolls the majority of the low tiers and most of his bad mu's should be manageable if they're being listed as 4-6. So what if someone says your character is broken? Laugh at them. In their face. They're probably complaining because they just lost to him or it's character salt. Who cares what anyone thinks about the stupid tier list? All the up-playing, down-playing, crying and bitching at the end of the day mean absolutely nothing. It is what it is. Somebody is going to win and somebody is going to lose. If the character ends up being the reason why then clearly the loser of the match chose a poor strategy and isn't as good as you. If a certain character reduces the chance of the loser being you then use him. Let the complainers complain and the tier talk continue. It's a waste of time honestly.
Well said. I agree.

LEGEND

YES!
Kenshi is a fucking dumb character. Chris G using him for like a few days and then going 1-2 against a guy who has religiously been pretty much a kitana only player since he started playing this game 3 years ago or whatever and has prob studied the mu religiously doesnt change that lol
Btw, 16Bit Vs Chris G was 5-0 with a baby
-
And Chris G barely even used Kenshi in tournament