What's new

Choose Your Destiny - PND Breakdown on Scorpion

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
Why get rid of leg takedown?

Regardless, he looks amazing. I am glad they are incorporating Scorpion using his katanas like a true ninja. Even the demon attacks are well done.

leoj89

Noob
Scorpion looks redunkulously strong right now. If he doesn't become my main I want to try hard to make him a solid secondary.

Traditionally I don't like playing as the character, I'm more of a Sub-Zero man. But with Sub being more offense based he seems like a poor mans Scorpion right now.

Hopefully Scorpion accepts my teddy.

CG Nino

Noob
mk11 scorpion looks like hes the closest to playing mkx if that's your thing haha.

The fact he can have the njp in one variation and anti zone, the prolonged combos and mixups, restand(s) hes def a great transition char for anyone that isn't QUITE ready to leave the mkx formula. Seems very good.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Will other char have a njp item equip?

Mk9 njp would be fine with me across the board. Just remove the crazy hit boxes that mkx had.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
How does it look like he got the most love from NRS? In what way?
In the reveal build at least, since he had all those extra (and honestly pretty cool) abilities in it for them to try out. I mean, again, it's no real surprise, he's the head honcho of the franchise. I just hope all the other characters get as much love though. ♥

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
In the reveal build at least, since he had all those extra (and honestly pretty cool) abilities in it for them to try out. I mean, again, it's no real surprise, he's the head honcho of the franchise. I just hope all the other characters get as much love though. ♥
I played the reveal build and he had the same love as the others. Maybe he had more moves to add to the variation but most of his custom moves take only one slot. From what I remember he has only three special moves that take up two slots. He has none that take up three slots like Geras or Sub-Zero. That necessitates more to fill up the variation slots.

Scorpion is the most "ninja" out of all the ninjas or any MK character. He is Japanese and his signiture kunai is a traditional ninja weapon. NRS are giving him more moves and buttons based on his Japanese ninja heritage with inclusion of the katana as well. They are also taking inspiration from the fact he is or was a specter from the Netherrealm with fire based attacks which people have an affinity for.

Being a fire based ninja is cool.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I played the reveal build and he had the same love as the others. Maybe he had more moves to add to the variation but most of his custom moves take only one slot. From what I remember he has only three special moves that take up two slots. He has none that take up three slots like Geras or Sub-Zero. That necessitates more to fill up the variation slots.

Scorpion is the most "ninja" out of all the ninjas or any MK character. He is Japanese and his signiture kunai is a traditional ninja weapon. NRS are giving him more moves and buttons based on his Japanese ninja heritage with inclusion of the katana as well. They are also taking inspiration from the fact he is or was a specter from the Netherrealm with fire based attacks which people have an affinity for.

Being a fire based ninja is cool.
That's exactly what I mean! Though Scorpion isn't a fave of mine, it's so cool to see NRS putting so much love into making this character, and I love how the new moves reflect on his ninja heritage.

As said, I just hope they do the same to the rest of the roster. ^^

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
That's exactly what I mean! Though Scorpion isn't a fave of mine, it's so cool to see NRS putting so much love into making this character, and I love how the new moves reflect on his ninja heritage.

As said, I just hope they do the same to the rest of the roster. ^^
I am sure they will try their best but it is easier to make a fire based ninja look cool than let's just say a military based character like Sonya who has only the pink rings as anything flashy.

Geras looks pretty cool with his time bending and sand powers. It is character specific with the traits the character has.

trufenix

bye felicia
More great coverage!

Makes you wonder who got all his old hellfire and inferno stuff, probably Shang Tsung or Noob saibot wraith moves now.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
Definitely looks like Scorpion got the most love from NRS so far.
Anyone surprised?
I've always had a personal theory (based on nothing but the idea that Ed Boon trolls as a part-time gig) that Scorpion isn't his favorite character, Sub-Zero is. Think about it, Sub-Zero has never missed a game, he was the first and only Ninja to get a Spin-Off, in which Scorpion is immediately killed.

I thought about one day and the idea that everyone else loved Scorpion so much that NRS are basically like "*sigh*.....FINE" when it comes to him being the poster boy made me giggle.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Does anyone know what his competitive-ready special moves are? I'm liking the hit advantage on that fire spit move, but I don't even know if it's worth looking into since I don't care about the casual 'just for fun' specials.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Everyone so far (aside from Sonya, honestly), look like totally new characters.

I don't think I've ever been more excited to get my hands on a game than this.