What's new

Match-up Discussion Chongo's Nightwing MU Chart

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Alright, I'm gonna give you guys a secret as to how a retired veteran of Injustice like myself beat 16Bit a match at evo in the Catwoman MU, which I have very little knowledge in.

Play footsies, and abuse d1 in staff to bait attacks.

If you can play decent footsies, you will probably do alright in this MU in neutral. Don't over texted yourself trying to pressure her up close with stand 1 stuff, Catwoman can beat it in a couple ways, and smart people don't give a shit about your stand 1. As soon as they see you doing d1 d1 d1 they are probably going to just mash d1 anyway because the risk/reward isn't very scary for them. Instead walk back and whiff punish their d1 with stand 1 or use neutral j1 at a range that will punish whiffed d1.

Second thing is using staff d1 to bait stuff. At far range, the threat of pound is sometimes more important than ground pound. Whiff d1 so they think you are doing ground blast, and depending on the range do different options. From full screen, do d1 and then be ready to mb b3 cat dash on reaction. From mid screen, use j2 to air to air them jumping over the fake ground blast.

The final thing I did is something to help make up for escrima's weakness in this MU. When you see her jump while in escrima, don't block it, instead dash under it. Forward dashing her j2 on reaction means you are the one who gets pressure after making it whiff and you can safely transition to staff. The only way for Catwoman to beat this is to switch to j3 instead.

AssassiN

Noob
The final thing I did is something to help make up for escrima's weakness in this MU. When you see her jump while in escrima, don't block it, instead dash under it. Forward dashing her j2 on reaction means you are the one who gets pressure after making it whiff and you can safely transition to staff. The only way for Catwoman to beat this is to switch to j3 instead.
This. I dunno why people see her J2 as such a problem when you can dash forward to make it whiff.
I think J1 works as well to punish NW's dash forward.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Alright, I'm sure this is going to be a mistake, but I'd like to comment.

FULL SCREEN
Full screen I have no real options, I can take a risk (which I do) and do a ground pound but that's really just testing your cat dash mb reflex. The goal at this range is to make you spend meter to get no combo but sometimes you will if you read it. You don't have to take this bait, just move in. The ground pound will make you want to jump but don't jump at around 3/4 distance because some can be spaced for my B3's to land or flying graysons to reset the situation. Just get to j2 distance.

I agree with this. Plus if I do a Full screen mb Cat-dash it will be safe but I will be pressured by NightWing staff
So from full screen you definitely have options. I think what happens is a lot of people think because cat dash has two hits of armor you can't zone her. That isn't the case. Ground pound is 21 frames start up cat dash is 17. You're not punishing that on reaction. So that means a Catdash punish is on a read. You can use that to bait and mbb3, or block and have me at -4 or -5 whatever it is (full screen).

THE SETUP
There's one setup NW has vs CW that is so fucking dirty you'd think NW was the best character in the game. At the ender of a d2~Staff spin combo (earlier parts modified depending on the launcher) NW can 50/50 AND stuff every single wake up CW has. The only thing to stop this is busting out the cat trait as it's invincible. For this reason I do not recommend using cat trait during combos. Credits to @Slips for sharing it with me.

I agree. That is her only option. But not recommend using cat trait during combs is where Catwoman really shines in damage and set ups. Plus she builds it up easily for just doing normals. I recommend Catwoman players to use it. Also if you don't have it while he is doing a staff spin, just block the moves. Not really hard.
Yes NW can go to 50/50 town on CW on knock down. A lot of characters can. Deathstroke, Bat Girl, WoWo, Scorpion, Lex... Other Catwoman lol.

This is actually what makes trait on WU so important. If not you're just going to get destroyed on KD. Trait in combos is really only good for trying to finish out a round or swag.

The point is you can't just block it, because you don't know what he's going to do. If a NW player only ever staff spins then sure just block it, but it doesn't work that way, because without trait he gets a free 50/50 that stuffs.

Last edited: