What's new

Match-up Discussion Chongo's Nightwing MU Chart

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
These numbers have been decided through playing multiple representitives offline and online and seeing how characters tools stack against Nightwing. There are a few numbers I'm not 100% confident in, and therefore not set in stone. Also I will edit in breakdowns of how the matchup goes against each character starting tomorrow probably. Enjoy!

Aquaman: 5-5 (personally I feel like its 6-4 aquaman but I'm probably wrong)

Ares: 5-5

Bane: 5-5

Batgirl: 5-5 (could be 6-4 Batgirl)

Batman: 5-5

Black Adam: 5-5

Catwoman: 6-4

Cyborg: 4-6

Deathstroke: 4-6

Doomsday: 5-5

Flash: 5-5

Green Arrow: 7-3

Green Lantern: 4-6

Harley: 4-6

Hawkgirl: 4-6

Joker: 5-5

Killer Frost: 4-6

Lex: 5-5

Lobo: 4-6

Martian Manhunter: 5-5

Raven: 5-5

Scorpion: 7-3 (I haven't played this mu in a year but lbsh it's probably horrible)

Shazam: 7-3

Sinestro: 3-7

Solomon Money: 6-4

Superman: 4-6

Wonder Woman: 3-7

Zatanna: 4-6

Zod: 4-6 (not sold on this being 3-7 yet. I wanna play pig in a long set.)

Winning: 4
Even: 11
Losing: 11

Final Opinion: Nightwings biggest asset is going even with many top tier/popular characters, and his worse matchups aren't popular tournament characters. However, at the highest level he needs a secondary to compete.

Discuss

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The one thing that I don't agree about is when you said that Nightwing's biggest asset is going even with top tiers.
That's not his biggest asset.
His biggest asset is his swaaaaaag.

Can you explain the Martian match up? Why do you think it's even
They can both zone each other equally.
If were in staff and block an oh tele our standing 1 will always hit him on block. Our we can FG to catch backdash. We have strong oki to shut down his WU. Plus we out reach him in staff if he's not in trait.
Actually NW can staff pound him heavy.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I still don't agree with the WoWo MU. I'd understand a 4-6 but 3-7 is too extreme imo. I'd also say that vs Ares, Lex & Joker Nightwing has a slight advantage. Everything else I pretty much agree with.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I agree with the wonderwoman number...get knocked down and get fucked. Absolutely nothing you can do against that char.

I think Cyborg is worse than 4-6 tho.

3-7 AT LEAST.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I still don't agree with the WoWo MU. I'd understand a 4-6 but 3-7 is too extreme imo. I'd also say that vs Ares, Lex & Joker Nightwing has a slight advantage. Everything else I pretty much agree with.
With ares, you wanna be in staff, but staff gets hella out zoned by ares, and god smacks are really annoying to jump over. Mb b3 doesn't always work either since the hotbox is wonky.

Lex and nightwing both are very momentum based characters, so the MU goes on who makes the better reads. Every option both character has can be punished. 113, 112, and windings are good at blowing up trait, but those get blown up easily. It's a hard matchup to describe, ,maybe @rev0lver can explain more.

Joker actually does pretty well against nightwing. Nightwing is one of the few characters that jokers strings don't whiff on, and nw can't anti air so joker gets free jump ins for days. If you get knocked down in escrima you are fucked, but staff wake ups are really good in this matchup. If joker does a bgb into teeth and j2, most wake ups will get blown up, but flying Grayson gets out of it. The only issue is that he can mix it up between cross up j2 and neutral j2.

I'm in the middle of writing a huge MU breakdown of a few characters including wowo, so I'll tag you when I post it. Thanks for the feedback

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I agree with the wonderwoman number...get knocked down and get fucked. Absolutely nothing you can do against that char.

I think Cyborg is worse than 4-6 tho.

3-7 AT LEAST.
The only thing saving this from being 3-7 is how meter dependent he is. Cyborg needs meter to keep nightwing out with pushblock and mb fireballs, and he needs meter for damage too. When nightwing gets in on cyborg it's literally game haha.

Playing offline with relaxed really made it a lot easier then it looks online

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Bane is advantage nightwing imo, bane gets outzoned and wing dings shut down his venom until he gets to level 3. 113 is really good in this mu, since its to fast and multi hitting it also stops bane's armor.
Harley i think is a 5-5, ive played this mu with saltface and a few other xbox harleys and nw can definetly deal with her, at full screen nw can actually ground spark under her ground gunshots and her pop pop, only way she can hit him out of groundsparks is cupcakes, and if she dashes in and does jump guns, but i tend to go in on this mu. Harleys jump ins are probably the easiest to anti air with nightwings d2 imo, but most of the time u have to do it on a read and not on reaction since the d2 is too slow. Nw can full combo punish the tantrum cartwheel, the low in tantrum, and the gunshots in tantrum, he can also punish her roll forward. I feel like once u get in it turns towards nw adv but full screen i def think harleys advantage.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
I also think catwoman is a 5-5, in escrima nw gets bopped up close and in the air so i like staff in this mu. Catwomans b3 goes under nw's staff s1 which can be tough to deal with. You cant punish her backdash with flying grayson because it lowers her hitbox, staff nw does beat her in the air but takes a risk when doing ground pounds, especially if she has meter. Catwoman can stuff all of staffs wakeups with 1f2 so most of the time nightwing is forced to guess over head or low on knockdown. Nw can also stuff catwomans wakeups that arent her trait with staff spin or s2 and b3 depending on how hard the knockdown was, s1 in escrima is the easiest imo to stuff her uninvincible wakeups.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
With ares, you wanna be in staff, but staff gets hella out zoned by ares, and god smacks are really annoying to jump over. Mb b3 doesn't always work either since the hotbox is wonky.

Lex and nightwing both are very momentum based characters, so the MU goes on who makes the better reads. Every option both character has can be punished. 113, 112, and windings are good at blowing up trait, but those get blown up easily. It's a hard matchup to describe, ,maybe @rev0lver can explain more.

Joker actually does pretty well against nightwing. Nightwing is one of the few characters that jokers strings don't whiff on, and nw can't anti air so joker gets free jump ins for days. If you get knocked down in escrima you are fucked, but staff wake ups are really good in this matchup. If joker does a bgb into teeth and j2, most wake ups will get blown up, but flying Grayson gets out of it. The only issue is that he can mix it up between cross up j2 and neutral j2.

I'm in the middle of writing a huge MU breakdown of a few characters including wowo, so I'll tag you when I post it. Thanks for the feedback
With Ares, once they block one GP they have to make a read to re-establish their zoning game or get in. When I played 1man3letters' Ares it seemed hard for him to establish his own zoning game because of Nightwing's plus frames.

With Lex, Nightwing can keep hassling him to prevent him from getting his trait out with Ground Pound. I used to play @DreadKnight1's Lex regularly and it seemed overall easier for Nightwing to do his thing than for Lex to do his. Lex gets outzoned with Ground Pound and it's super easy to trip guard him because of his slow-ass jump arc. He gets bodied on wakeup because once you establish the threat of MB B/F3 and baiting the wakeup they'll soon stop. If he catches you with trait on KD though that's when the MU starts to shift to Lex's favour. The whole 'Whoever gets momentum first wins" statement is certainly true, although it's just slightly harder for Lex to get some momentum going than for Nightwing imo.

You're completely right about Joker, but he has to get in before he can establish his game which is the only thing that's saving me from eating my words lol. Also, his J3 is really good but his J2 is fairly easy to anti-air in staff. Joker's wakeups aren't the best so once you knock him down you can go for some oki setups

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
everyones dumb but me

With Lex, Nightwing can keep hassling him to prevent him from getting his trait out with Ground Pound. I used to play @DreadKnight1's Lex regularly and it seemed overall easier for Nightwing to do his thing than for Lex to do his. Lex gets outzoned with Ground Pound and it's super easy to trip guard him because of his slow-ass jump arc. He gets bodied on wakeup because once you establish the threat of MB B/F3 and baiting the wakeup they'll soon stop. If he catches you with trait on KD though that's when the MU starts to shift to Lex's favour. The whole 'Whoever gets momentum first wins" statement is certainly true, although it's just slightly harder for Lex to get some momentum going than for Nightwing imo.
no

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
With Ares, once they block one GP they have to make a read to re-establish their zoning game or get in. When I played 1man3letters' Ares it seemed hard for him to establish his own zoning game because of Nightwing's plus frames.

You're completely right about Joker, but he has to get in before he can establish his game which is the only thing that's saving me from eating my words lol. Also, his J3 is really good but his J2 is fairly easy to anti-air in staff. Joker's wakeups aren't the best so once you knock him down you can go for some oki setups
Agreed about ares but ares can god smack on a read when nw is zoning and blow up ground pounds. Then once he shows that he's willing to do that zoning gets a lot harder. Also mb fireball will win every trade.

I'll expand more on the other two later, fuck typing on an iPad