What's new

Choke should hit mid

Flagg

Noob
Dude, I dont care about his X Ray or knives.

A mid hitting choke with armour on the ex version is a fair buff to him.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
if not the choke, the last hit of b112 would be fair
I'm all for the choke but im sure that would be labeled broken quickly

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
EX armor on choke was supposed be since launch, WTF hasnt it been included is my issue.

Ive also thought about how f12 should put the oppenent in a true stagger.

Anyone else agree

MaceWind

Crazy 88
EX armor on choke was supposed be since launch, WTF hasnt it been included is my issue.

Ive also thought about how f12 should put the oppenent in a true stagger.

Anyone else agree
If F12 on hit truly put your opponent in a stagger state then xray would be 100% guaranteed. I don't think that was something NRS intended.

MagicMan357

If F12 on hit truly put your opponent in a stagger state then xray would be 100% guaranteed. I don't think that was something NRS intended.
yea, but they could just scale the damage

its already does that anyways

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Common sense changes that I would not even consider "buffs".

- old knife toss

- 7F up ball (but same recovery as now)

- change horizontal ball notation to b,f+4

- EX horizontal ball has armor from start up to end

MagicMan357

Ive been thinking about this:

give Ex choke cover more range

Ex choke should negate wake up invincibility allowing for pressure (same with EX air ball)

ex ball with armor for the whole duration

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
really trying to use kano, and i feel his biggest weakness is a lack of mid hitting moves, they can just duck.. everything, f11 hitting mid would be mad useful.

Flagg

Noob
Common sense changes that I would not even consider "buffs".

- old knife toss

- 7F up ball (but same recovery as now)

- change horizontal ball notation to b,f+4

- EX horizontal ball has armor from start up to end
Yes, yes and yes! Even if NRS said "no" to old knives and yes to all of that, I would be a happy camper.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Hold on, as true as that is...

Why the fuck does Kano not have an Eye lazer move?
That move was tight, he does it in story mode multiple times, but doesn't have it in game= lame.

The eye laser could have been Kano's way of resetting the opponet, similar to Rain and Sektor. That would be a nice buff.

Choke hitting mid seems reasonable to me.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It was in the 3D MKs. It was godlike too, because it was a hard to punish beam-type move.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'd play him. Gimme a normal input for regular Ball and a Mid Choke, and Kano's in.

In my neverending identity crisis, Kano was the one guy I had to say no to picking up when I really wanted to, just because I knew his lack of speed would be a serious drawback in the metagame grand scheme of things.

The dude throws knives, can make Ball jokes for days with little effort, has a fucking LASER EYE, and has the strength to push Australia. Someone give this man a Mid Choke.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Just like Jax doesn't have his gun and Stryker doesn't have his Tazer.
He has his Tazer in both his throws and :x.

If Jax had his Gun, it would defeat his character design and you would never rush down with him. You would just shoot all day, like stryker.

NKZero

Noob
He has his Tazer in both his throws and :x.

If Jax had his Gun, it would defeat his character design and you would never rush down with him. You would just shoot all day, like stryker.
you can''t deny though that machine gun Jax was pretty cool. I liked him in MKA.

Flagg

Noob
I'm certain Kano was never meant to have so much negative disadvantage on his pokes and specials. I don't care about armour, just fix the negative shit and give his choke either mid or armour (okay I care about armour a bit).

As a day one Kano main I think all y'all but hurt is redonk.
But chock hitting mid would be cool I guess. I wouldn't say no
Screw ex choke armor

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I'd play him. Gimme a normal input for regular Ball and a Mid Choke, and Kano's in.

In my neverending identity crisis, Kano was the one guy I had to say no to picking up when I really wanted to, just because I knew his lack of speed would be a serious drawback in the metagame grand scheme of things.

The dude throws knives, can make Ball jokes for days with little effort, has a fucking LASER EYE, and has the strength to push Australia. Someone give this man a Mid Choke.
Ball input is fine, however I would like to try out this frickin' laser beam you speak of :)
Oh yeah and make choke mid, kthx.