What's new

CHIP DEATH MK11 GENERAL THREAD

What NRS must do with death from cheap damage?

• Nothing.

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Remove it completely.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Remove it with exceptions.

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
1) Nothing. Death from cheap damage is fine

2) Remove it completely. It give drama to fights and crazy comeback potential with Guile theme

3) Remove it with exceptions. For example - chip death only from death blows, like Sonic said or only from some of special moves - for example Death Spin df4 of scorpion in "chain reaction" variation. Give some special moves "cheap death property" and remove that propery from other moves.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Cheap death isnt fun. Fun, when you comeback with 1% hp against fullbar. When you determined to death and any little poke can kill you and no any chance to comeback - that isnt fun
I think it's hype as fuck. The risk is what makes it hype. Besides it's our mistakes and bad reads that drops us down to 1% in the firstplace so making block invincible at end of match feels to powerful. Besides you have flawless block to reduce chip anyways.
Chip Death has exsistence since as long as I can remember and it's been fun so far.
Have you not had fun in all the previous MKs?

With any luck you will get another Jason to cheat death and come back?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Cheap death isnt fun. Fun, when you comeback with 1% hp against fullbar. When you determined to death and any little poke can kill you and no any chance to comeback - that isnt fun
Don’t get poked then.

You had chances to come back throughout your whole life bar.

Chip death is more exciting because it encourages both offense and the spacial awareness footsie game, rather than turtling and suddenly becoming invincible (thus dragging on the match even longer). Blocking isn’t the only way to avoid attacks.

I’ve had opponents come back from chip health remaining and decimate me, while I scrambled to just get any hit I could just go finish the match. Even though I lost and I was salty as hell, it was hype as shit and creates another level of excitement.

I think it’s perfectly fine the way it is.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm torn, I don't like chip death as a concept, but on the other hand, it doesn't seem as oppressive as it could be in X.

So eh?
Plus FB helps a bit.

Dots should not kill.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
it's a polemic subject indeed ...

my opinion: make chip death invulnerable to combo strings, special moves and Krush blows, but, totally defenseless for Fatal Blows and throws ...

but if chip death stays anyway, no problem at all, since MK9 and MKX had it , and that did not hurt both games, so ...

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
This one sucks. Why? Because when your opponents have no life you want to get the cheap death, when you have no hp you’re cursing the cheap damage.
By the way Perfect Block removes cheap damage.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Then don’t let the opponent get to your 1%, lol. Chances of a comeback are too low when you have 1%, keep your expectations even lower

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
SF4 has chip on specials. That game has chip checkmate situations and is still hype when comebacks actually happen.

If you're arguing about normals chipping maybe, but you're going to have to also think if it's workable without destroying the pace of how NRS cames currently work. Although I can see the argument work either way.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Dots should not kill
Why, I feel people are not thinking before following these players.
DOT Poison does damage over time, there is no difference between normal damage vs DoT except DOT is over time and normal damage is immediate.
So in fact DOT damage is allready nerfed and allows comeback. Let's look at a Dot Move that does 10% over 5 seconds. Why are people feeling it shouldn't kill. If the moves are too strong Nerf the poison but don't remove it's ability to kill. That would be like removing special moves ability to kill because they kill you at end of life.

The problem isn't with DoT damage it's with the Stacked DoT damage that does too much damage too quick.

Like someone else said, you where a dead man walking as soon as the dot stacked on you when you where below 5% health.
All this does is make characters with Poison crappier not fair.