What's new

Chinese Warrior String

Nomic

Noob
Hi all, first post here; not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. If not, apologies in advance. I'm looking for advice dealing with Liu Kang's Chinese Warrior string (F+4 3 U+3). It's +4 on block after the final hit, and from my experience trying to jab check or similarly knock him out of the combo mid-string leads to getting counterhit by the final kick, which of course leads to Krushing Blow. Even relatively strong reversal moves like Sub-Zero's slide lose out to this. As Liu Kang players, have you guys encountered anyone who managed to beat you out of this? Or do you have advice on dealing with it?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
It has a huge gap before U3 that can be poked out. You don’t even need to perfect block it. I got beat out of that by cody4898 like that yesterday. Be careful though, they can cancel this string into parry.

Nomic

Noob
It has a huge gap before U3 that can be poked out. You don’t even need to perfect block it. I got beat out of that by cody4898 like that yesterday. Be careful though, they can cancel this string into parry.
What did he poke it out with? I've tried jab checking it (both standing and crouching), as well as setting a bot to do various traditionally safe wakeup attacks on reversal, such as Sub-Zero slide, Kung Lao spin, Kano ball, etc. Every time it just gets counter hit by the U3. Even though the move list notes F4, 3 as being -9 on block, I still get counterhit by the U3 when trying to jab check with jabs of 6 or 7 frame startup.

It's worth noting that I'm playing on PC, and as such, it doesn't seem we've received the day 1 hotfix patch. That is, those patchnotes say that Chinese Warrior now has a 26f startup up from 22, where looking at it as I type this, it still says 22 on PC, so maybe once that patch comes to PC, the issue will resolve itself. As it stands though, he can essentially chain that move into itself with no risk, while also throwing other specials in the middle from time to time for free mixup, and the only way I've found to get around it is to eat the hit and roll out. Feels pretty lame.

Nomic

Noob
You can flawless block the last hit to make it -11.
This might be worth looking into, though it still seems kind of absurd that this would be my only recourse for dealing with a standard combo string. It seems strange that a flawless block would be required to deal with it; additionally, since you can cancel into a special after F4 3, this may be unreliable once the LK player catches on.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
What did he poke it out with? I've tried jab checking it (both standing and crouching), as well as setting a bot to do various traditionally safe wakeup attacks on reversal, such as Sub-Zero slide, Kung Lao spin, Kano ball, etc. Every time it just gets counter hit by the U3. Even though the move list notes F4, 3 as being -9 on block, I still get counterhit by the U3 when trying to jab check with jabs of 6 or 7 frame startup.

It's worth noting that I'm playing on PC, and as such, it doesn't seem we've received the day 1 hotfix patch. That is, those patchnotes say that Chinese Warrior now has a 26f startup up from 22, where looking at it as I type this, it still says 22 on PC, so maybe once that patch comes to PC, the issue will resolve itself. As it stands though, he can essentially chain that move into itself with no risk, while also throwing other specials in the middle from time to time for free mixup, and the only way I've found to get around it is to eat the hit and roll out. Feels pretty lame.
You’re being too slow. Double checked it. You can throw a d1 or s1 before the last attack.

Hi all, first post here; not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. If not, apologies in advance. I'm looking for advice dealing with Liu Kang's Chinese Warrior string (F+4 3 U+3). It's +4 on block after the final hit, and from my experience trying to jab check or similarly knock him out of the combo mid-string leads to getting counterhit by the final kick, which of course leads to Krushing Blow. Even relatively strong reversal moves like Sub-Zero's slide lose out to this. As Liu Kang players, have you guys encountered anyone who managed to beat you out of this? Or do you have advice on dealing with it?
You are not crazy f43-3 can't be stop with a 7 frame in the version of the game you are playing. This is a change make to the game in the hot fix. After the hot fix it will be very easy to stop it a 7 frame move

RM_Gamer

Noob
So how many of you guys have got the salt for using f4? Its his best string of course I'm gunna use it...and maybe alot
Yeah anybody that's good at fb. Just block if you read ex low fb, then fb for the u3. Kang is at a disadvantage when using this string since all his options are unsafe. Nrs should make the string safe and neutral on block.