What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I'm not sure if someone discovered this yet, but I think I might've found a use for db3 with Cassie in Digital Soldier. :eek:
The main problem I see with this tech is that people are beginning to break before the second hit of kneecappin which means they avoid being launched at all. Soon more people will break away using this method which creates more space for them to wakeup safely and avoids more damage as well. Doing this would only get you killed in that situation. On the flip side, if people use breakaway in this manner they will waste it whether you amplify low shot or not

Last edited:
Then they have no meter for wakeup and you're left at advantage if you zone properly.... Also you can guide "Flippin out"... Same as I do Cassie FB. You can guide it just outside sweep distance (yall haven't heard that in awhile I bet lol) then f2 or step in b1/B2.... Or tick throw

sars

Noob
The main problem I see with this tech is that people are beginning to break before the second hit of kneecappin which means they avoid being launched at all. Soon more people will break away using this method which creates more space for them to wakeup safely and avoids more damage as well. Doing this would only get you killed in that situation. On the flip side, if people use breakaway in this manner they will waste it whether you amplify low shot or not
Yeah no one gonna wait to be launched that high

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Despite not being mentioned in the menu, the distance of Cassie's Fatal Blow can be controlled in the air like on the ground, so you can use it close, far, or mid-range. It's still a move that shouldn't just be thrown out due to its recovery and the fact that its -15 on block, but you can use it to catch people that are jumping in a lot, or if you're facing someone with slow recovery on their projectiles, like Cetrion.

Methysan

Noob
As I watched Summit of Time, I noticed a distinct lack of Cassies ending their combos in nut kick. Why is this? Is the slight advantage (it's +1 or 2 I think) and restand not worth it compared to the damage of up glow kick and more advantage but no restand, or the full screen push of air guns? Or is it just because her combos can be finicky and nobody wanted to risk dropping it?

Also no nut kick means no amp nut kick and therefore no KB after 3 amps. Has anyone tried a game plan of doing shorter combos with amp nut kick instead of low gun to build up the KB and then using a 2 bar combo to close out the game? Or is the damage just not worth it?

i didnt back up into the corner on purpose but i did db3 on purpose lol! i thought a roll was coming as he was doing it throughout the entire set. also...the bf1 was DEFINITELY accidental...i wanted to bf1+cancel (ive been catching the hell outta people with that here lately! bf1+cancel into low shot or air shot). just trying my damndest to come up with a use for flippin out. it DOES work against advancing strings/specials and hits to knockdown 8/10 times...not too shabby but really REALLY needs a frame buff to be something i would use outside of corner situations or VERY hard reads

now that ive figured out how to get videos on here (imma dummy lol) i will run some more sets abusing "flippin out" in that manner and post here later after work. i THINK it may end up being useful for someone with my play style who likes to back up and whiff punish a lot since its unexpected and can get me outta the corner with knockdown.
also...someone in here who can play now confirm something for me. I ran b13, b24xxdb1amp, s4xxdb3(far) and it hit (on a sub zero) leaving me at good zoning range. havent taken it to the lab and cant remember the damage...i dont think itd be good for anything other than positioning or closing out a match (maybe) but im just curious

Ehndur

Yes
As I watched Summit of Time, I noticed a distinct lack of Cassies ending their combos in nut kick. Why is this? Is the slight advantage (it's +1 or 2 I think) and restand not worth it compared to the damage of up glow kick and more advantage but no restand, or the full screen push of air guns? Or is it just because her combos can be finicky and nobody wanted to risk dropping it?

Also no nut kick means no amp nut kick and therefore no KB after 3 amps. Has anyone tried a game plan of doing shorter combos with amp nut kick instead of low gun to build up the KB and then using a 2 bar combo to close out the game? Or is the damage just not worth it?
Honestly I'm still not convinced about doing the optimal combo instead of the Nut Kick ender. Plus, Foxy at Stunfest played Cassie, and always used the Nut Kick ender combos.

+4 on a restand is way too much of an upside to trade for damage imo. And yes, the optimal combo is really tricky, more so on female characters.

I would not recommend doing the AMP Nut Kick though. You're losing the restand, and the plus side that should be the KB isn't worth it in terms of damage (Considering the fact that you're using one bar on the Nut Kick, when you could just relaunch with an AMP Low Gunshots)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Honestly I'm still not convinced about doing the optimal combo instead of the Nut Kick ender. Plus, Foxy at Stunfest played Cassie, and always used the Nut Kick ender combos.

+4 on a restand is way too much of an upside to trade for damage imo. And yes, the optimal combo is really tricky, more so on female characters.

I would not recommend doing the AMP Nut Kick though. You're losing the restand, and the plus side that should be the KB isn't worth it in terms of damage (Considering the fact that you're using one bar on the Nut Kick, when you could just relaunch with an AMP Low Gunshots)
This.

Sure the KB does damage and DoT damage, but you're better off using your offensive bars to use low gunshot and go for the restand, or push them away full screen if they have shitty zoning. You'll get more bang for your buck that way and get around 28% anyways.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
I think the optimal damage off b24 is consistent on males and females. It depends on the situation; but online everyone mashes or jumps and Cassie plays around the wake-up options very well, so I go for the knockdown or send them full screen to control them better

Methysan

Noob

How much extra damage does the KB do? And then the dot at the end? A 2 bar combo ending in KB nut kick has to hit pretty hard. If you find yourself zoning most of the game and every time you land a hit you have 2 bars ready, maybe it could be worth it to stock up the KB? Or avoid amped guns for your first 3 combos and use amp nut kick instead. It's less damage but it's not a juggle so they can't break away. Then if you catch them without breaker ready, you can do a huge combo.

Is that better than just doing 1 bar amped gun combos every time and dealing with break aways as they come? I don't know I'm just theory crafting (and looking for a way to make the KB good because it's hilarious). But I did notice some matches at Summit were so slow paced that every time Cassie landed a hit, breaker was ready again.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
How much extra damage does the KB do? And then the dot at the end? A 2 bar combo ending in KB nut kick has to hit pretty hard. If you find yourself zoning most of the game and every time you land a hit you have 2 bars ready, maybe it could be worth it to stock up the KB? Or avoid amped guns for your first 3 combos and use amp nut kick instead. It's less damage but it's not a juggle so they can't break away. Then if you catch them without breaker ready, you can do a huge combo.

Is that better than just doing 1 bar amped gun combos every time and dealing with break aways as they come? I don't know I'm just theory crafting (and looking for a way to make the KB good because it's hilarious). But I did notice some matches at Summit were so slow paced that every time Cassie landed a hit, breaker was ready again.
It really doesn't do that much more damage, I used it in a two KB combo and it does 40%, with 2 KBs, and 2 bars. It's so not worth it.

I use F4,1 + low gunshot that ends with the B2,4 and nut kick, or jump 4 to air bullet barrage, especially in a KB combo since it's impossible to drop that combo and does 37% damage. I also use B1,3 with these two options and it finishes games really quickly. You don't need the nut kick KB. Honestly, they should change it cause it's useless and does shit damage.

Ehndur

Yes
@Methysan

Also, is it really worth building her Nut Kick KB ? Doesn't really seem like so. You lose around 100 damages doing the Nut Kick instead of Low Gunshots to continue the combo. Times 3. And you're only gaining around 150-200 doing the KB the third time. And some of that is DoT, which doesn't really serve any purpose, when you can get flat HPs instead with a regular Low Gunshots combo.
That's some very rough maths, but there you go.

The only time I AMP Nut Kick is for the round and/or the Brutality :D

Something I also forgot to mention is that high level games are kinda different. People tend to be more respectful, meaning being + gives you the possibility to pressure, but not the certainty to open the opponent's defense. Same for wake-ups. They're probably more careful, and will often delay wake-up or not wake-up at all for safety, so you can pressure there instead.

Methysan

Noob
So the DOT at the end of KB nut kick doesn't count as part of the combo so I'm assuming it's never affected by combo scaling right? It's only about 40 damage. That's very lame.

Edit: It does seem to be affected by the length of the combo. Doing it raw the DOT is around 80, but after a corner combo (B13, 1, 1, 34 xx amp nut kick) it only added about 45.

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Corner 1 Bar:
Universal: B1,3, 1,1,1,1, 3,4 + Nutkick AMP 28.8%
Yaas Queen: B1,3 1,1,1 3,4 + Shoulder Charge AMP 30.5%
Digital Soldier: B1,3 1,1 3,4 + Low Gunshot AMP F4,1 Nutkick 31.9% (will side switch and get opponent out of corner. I find it easier to confirm off of F41 rather than the B24)

You can take Johnny from me for the time being, NRS, but you're not taking away my ability to put someone in the corner and hit them in the balls. I can still do that perfectly fine with Cassie.

Last edited:
I wanted to give yall something tonight but I'm struggling.... I'm winning (so far...) but very ugly... I think it's bedtime after this set. I'll post it for better or worse.... Probably worse.. Fucking vodka

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I see all this discussion on cassie's combos and damage and it's making me realize that shes one of the most balanced characters I've ever seen NRS develop.
I know, right?! I didn't catch on with her in MKX since I had to drop the game around the time of the first Kombat Pack due to other obligations (university mainly), but if she was like this in the previous game, I really missed the boat on her because I am really enjoying my time learning her in this game.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
You can take Johnny from me for the time being, NRS, but you're not taking away my ability to put someone in the corner and hit them in the balls. I can still do that perfectly fine with Cassie.
Right? I'm still glad I learned Johnny, he'll get a buff soon :p

I see all this discussion on cassie's combos and damage and it's making me realize that shes one of the most balanced characters I've ever seen NRS develop.
She literal perfection without being OP. She's a masterpiece.