What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Ehndur

Yes
I feel like I'm the only one in this thread to end every combo with nut kick. It is +4 on juggle hit and guarantees f4 everytime.
Yeah I also like to end my combos with a restand. It sacrifices a bit of damage compared to optimal combos, but the restand makes up for it.

I mean, this is a guaranteed mix-up. Check first with F4 if they like to press buttons after the restand. If they do, it's a free launch. If they don't, you can just throw forward or back, or stagger them to death.
Compared to okizeme, where, if you guess wrong, you're the one getting launched. And if you don't want to take your chance, you just end up in neutral, but with no + frames.

2, 1, D2 is good combo ender to play the wake-up game on a meterless opponent though.

So I've been using these combos in ranked and not only are they easier to land and dropping them is very unlikely, they also do good damage for 1 bar. So you always have 1 bar at your disposal.

B1,3 * F4,1 + low gunshot AMP * J4 + air bullet barrage 30% (40% if KB)
F4,2 + Low gunshot AMP * J4 + Air bullet barrage 25% (if you do it off a D2 KB it'll do around 30%)

I love that they also work well on female characters and you don't have to worry about landing b2,4 nut kick on them. And alternatively, you can do that in any of those combos if you want the restand, but use the J2 instead.
Do you often meet people not blocking low ? It doesn't even cross my mind to use B1, 3 in neutral because of how unsafe it is, and decent people will never block high VS Cassie.
I could see myself using it to punish really negative stuff on block, or whiff punish. But B2, 4 is also a great (better ?) whiff punisher, while being safe.
It's also worth the risk in the corner I guess.

By F4, 2 you mean F4, 1 ? If so, I find JI2 * B2, 4 * Nut Kick after Low Gunshots unlikely to drop and really consistent, while doing good damage alongside the restand.

I'm currently practicing the 4 * 1, 1, 1 * Glow Kick ender on F4, 1 and 1, 1, 1 launchers, because the damage boost kinda makes it worth loosing the restand. Timing is a bit weird, but consistent enough in practice. Online is a different story.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah I also like to end my combos with a restand. It sacrifices a bit of damage compared to optimal combos, but the restand makes up for it.

I mean, this is a guaranteed mix-up. Check first with F4 if they like to press buttons after the restand. If they do, it's a free launch. If they don't, you can just throw forward or back, or stagger them to death.
Compared to okizeme, where, if you guess wrong, you're the one getting launched. And if you don't want to take your chance, you just end up in neutral, but with no + frames.

2, 1, D2 is good combo ender to play the wake-up game on a meterless opponent though.

Do you often meet people not blocking low ? It doesn't even cross my mind to use B1, 3 in neutral because of how unsafe it is, and decent people will never block high VS Cassie.
I could see myself using it to punish really negative stuff on block, or whiff punish. But B2, 4 is also a great (better ?) whiff punisher, while being safe.
It's also worth the risk in the corner I guess.

By F4, 2 you mean F4, 1 ? If so, I find JI2 * B2, 4 * Nut Kick after Low Gunshots unlikely to drop and really consistent, while doing good damage alongside the restand.

I'm currently practicing the 4 * 1, 1, 1 * Glow Kick ender on F4, 1 and 1, 1, 1 launchers, because the damage boost kinda makes it worth loosing the restand. Timing is a bit weird, but consistent enough in practice. Online is a different story.
Yeah I mean F4,1 I don’t know why my brain goes to F42 all the time xD if they’re tired of eating the overhead and getting caught in a combo they’ll block standing even if it’s not a hard string to block. I guess most people don’t encouter her a whole lot online. Even in ranked I was able to get b1,3 with just playing with the neutral game since the range on B1 is pretty good.

@Vengeance135 so I found a good option for the anti air we got really excited about xD

B3 * F4,1 + low gunshots * B2,4 + nut kick that’s amp 30% damage or you can restand.

If we do the F4,1 to glow kick like we were trying it’s 27%

Honestly the b24 in this combo is easier to land. And then I messed around with a KB combo and I got 38% out of:

D2 KB * b24 + low gunshots * S1 * b2 + nut kick. And if her guns happen to be charged it does 40%

An easier one for beginners would be the same but instead of S1 you J4 into air bullet barrage and it does the same amount of damage.

Last edited:

Ehndur

Yes
Yeah I mean F4,1 I don’t know why my brain goes to F42 all the time xD if they’re tired of eating the overhead and getting caught in a combo they’ll block standing even if it’s not a hard string to block. I guess most people don’t encouter her a whole lot online. Even in ranked I was able to get b1,3 with just playing with the neutral game since the range on B1 is pretty good.

@Vengeance135 so I found a good option for the anti air we got really excited about xD

B3 * F4,1 + low gunshots * B2,4 + nut kick that’s amp 30% damage or you can restand.

Honestly the b24 in this combo is easier to land. And then I messed around with a KB combo and I got 38% out of:

D2 KB * b24 + low gunshots * S1 * b2 + nut kick. And if her guns happen to be charged it does 40%

An easier one for beginners would be the same but instead of S1 you J4 into air bullet barrage and it does the same amount of damage.
D2 KB * S4 * Low Gunshots AMP * JI3 * Air Bullet Barrage does 410.

D2 KB * S4 * Low Gunshots AMP * S1 * B2, 4 * Nut Kick does 398 + restand.

D2 KB * S4 * Low Gunshots AMP * 2, 1, D2 does 396 + hard knockdown.

Same for B1, 3 KB BTW.

It might lose the corner, but since Cassie doesn't really have a corner game to speak of, this is still good to work with.
Yeah that is true. The other good thing about this combo and variations of it are that it doesn’t trap you in the corner either. Carries your opponent to what looks like starting point on the map.

Methysan

Noob
Is there any reason to use Yaas Queen? Only pro I see is using the ex bubble to extend combos (compared to ex low guns) keeps your opponent grounded and they can't air escape. The huge con is the loss of low gun which has incredible utility in many areas both in combos and zoning/counter zoning. Is shoulder charge worth anything?

(Another pro is you'l never input DB3 and screw yourself by accident)

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Is there any reason to use Yaas Queen? Only pro I see is using the ex bubble to extend combos (compared to ex low guns) keeps your opponent grounded and they can't air escape. The huge con is the loss of low gun which has incredible utility in many areas both in combos and zoning/counter zoning. Is shoulder charge worth anything?

I've been wondering the same thing. I think I'm going to lab Yaas Queen tomorrow.

I shall steal those. I've been working on hap punishes with Cassie. So far I've gotten some pretty interesting stuff vs kung Lao and Liu kang

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

Shoulder Charge is basically only really good for using when Amplified to end combos.

One example would be B1,3 F4 BF2 AMP. That'll get you about 24% damage at midscreen.
Or, you can do something like 3,4,3,4, BF2 AMP in the corner for about 29%.

Neither of those is an optimal combo, just two quick ones I came up with.

On its own, its a 12-frame mid that's unsafe on block and staggers the opponent backward.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

I think the trade off is not worth it, shoulder charge is good to end combos with and get more damage especially in the corner, but it's not worth losing low gunshot and even air bullet barrage over. I think if they want to make this other variation useful they'll need to combine some moves together or add moves cause apart from Digital Soldier or a true zonning variation, I don't see any other use for the moves she has.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Optimal Cassie loadout to me is Knee Cappin', Shoulder Charge, and drone shadow kick. We'll never see it in a tournament variation though. I doubt we will ever see lowgun and shoulder charge in the same setup.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Optimal Cassie loadout to me is Knee Cappin', Shoulder Charge, and drone shadow kick. We'll never see it in a tournament variation though. I doubt we will ever see lowgun and shoulder charge in the same setup.
Yeah it would make her combo heavy and it seems that isn't what they wanted to do with her by the way they nerfed her B3 day 1.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
If the Energy Burst move could be used to launch meterlessly like pre patch and the Amplified version gave longer hit advantage so her combo wasn’t a 1 frame link and maybe safer on block like -9, I think the other variation would be 100% viable.

As is Shoulder Charge gives her guaranteed punishes on certain moves that otherwise can’t be checked, but losing the low shot needs to have something meaningful you gain. Also I really hope they change the variation name to anything else.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yeah I've been messing with Yaas Queen and the only two things I thought to be useful were the shoulder charge and amped proximity burst only because of how fast it starts. I can see Yaas Queen being used primarily against rush down opponents but why use Yaas Queen when digital soldier already has pretty optimal zoning tools.

Btw, what in the f* is Flippin' out even used for? S*'s pretty trash if you ask me

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
And her mid screen game, and her punishing game, and her whiff punish game, and her check, and her combo starter, and her poke since her down pokes are ass. That string is everything, except if you play against Jade. XD
It's pretty much the equivalent of what Johnny's F3 was in MK9