What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So you wanna creatively tenderize baby makers? You've come to the right place!

Feel free to post all your combos, videos as long as it's with the tournament variations presets that Cassie has. NRS has stated that these may or may not change, and they may or may not add more so I'll edit this thread if changes are made. I'll also add all the combos we find in this post so people can have a quick look and find the most optimal ones.

Also, if you're looking for training partners don't be shy, ask! My PSN is Vslayer_MK feel free to add me.

Krushing Blow Requirements For Kombo Starters:
D2: Punish or Kounter
B1,3: if the opponent is blocking standing

Notation Guide (PS4/XBOX)

1= square - X
2= triangle - Y
3= X - A
4= Circle - B
S= Standing
AMP: R1 - RB

Digital Soldier Kombos:
  1. Flippin' Out (there is a use for it after all, look bellow)
  2. Low Gunshot (most useful for extending and starting combos)
  3. Air Bullet Barrage (good anti-air)
Before we start, I suggest you only use 1 bar in her combos because going for the restand is more of an advantage than going for the knockdown. Or end with glow kick and get OKI setups.

Mid-Screen Optimals
B24 + Lowgunshot AMP * J4 * 111 + glow kick 30% (1 bar)
1,1,1 + low gunshot AMP * S4 * 1,1,1 + up glow kick 32% (1 bar)
[starter] low gunshots amp * J2/4 * b24 + nut kick

Optimal Corner:
J4 * Dash * S4 * dual wielding AMP * 111 * nut kick 40%
B13 * Dash * S4 * dual wielding AMP * 111 * nut kick 37%
34 * S3 * dual wielding AMP * 111 + nut kick 36%
J4 * B13 * S1 * S1 * 34 + Nut kick AMP 35%

Optimal Corner Switch:
[starter into low gunshot] dash (you gotta do a full dash) 11 111 + ender

Anti-Air Combos:
B3 * F4,1 + Low gunshots AMP * B2,4 + Nut kick AMP 30%

KB Combos:
Corner KB
D2(KB) * Dash S4* Dual wielding AMP * 111 + nut kick (KB) 57% (charged guns)
B1,3 KB * S4 +BF1 AMP * 1,1,1 + up glow kick AMP 47% (2 bars)
B13(KB) * Dash * S4 * Dual wielding AMP * 111 + nut kick 44%
B1,3 KB * S3 * S4 * 1,1,1 + low gunshot AMP * F1,2 + Nut kick AMP 44% (2 bars)

B1,3 KB midscreen:
B1,3KB * S4 * 3,4 AMP DB1 * S4 + BD3 AMP 45%
B1,3 KB *S4 + AMP low shot * S4 + BD3 44%
B1,3 * B2,4 + low gunshot AMP * J4 + Air bullet barrage 31%

Uppercut KB:
D2 KB * S4 + AMP low shot * S4 + AMP low shot * S4 + Nut kick 46%
D2 KB * S4 * Low Gunshots AMP * JI3 * Air Bullet Barrage 41%
D2 KB * B2,4 + Low gunshots AMP * S1 *B2 + Nut kick AMP 38%

Nut Kick KB:
1,1,1 + DB1 AMP * J2 * B2,4 + Nut kick AMP (35% + DoT damage + 2% if using charged guns)

Wake-up Combos:
U2 * B2,4 (delay the B2, 4 just a tad) + low gunshot AMP * 2,1 + nut kick AMP

Flippin’ Out tech:

Yaas Queen Kombos:
  1. Shoulder Charge
  2. BLB Energy Burst (2 slots)
Optimal Mid-Screen:
111 * Energy Burst AMP * dash cancel 111 + Ender
1,1,1 + energy burst AMP* B1,3 * B3 * B2,4 + Nut kick 31% (1 bars)
b2,4 * energy burst AMP * quick link to b1,3 * micro walk * S1 * S1 * B2,4+ nut kick AMP

Optimal Corner:
F4,1 * BLB Burst AMP * S1 * S1 * S1 * S1 * F4,1 + shoulder charge AMP
S2 + energy burst AMP * B1,2 * S4 * energy burst * S1 * S1 * S1 * S1 * B2,4 + nut kick AMP
F4,1 + BLB Burst AMP * B1,3 * S1 * S1 * S1 * S1 * F4,1 + shoulder charge AMP

Jailing & Frame Traps

• D3 jails into 111
  • D4 jails into F2

General Tech and Tips

Cassie Cage is made for the inpatient asshole who can't wait to knock their opponent down to meaty them with F4, AKA, me. She's a very good rushdown character with exceptional footsies. You can literally whiff punish the opponent and meaty them all day without breaking a sweat. She has okay damage, but you don't need 40% combos because she'll vortex your ass all day anyway.

D4 used for spacing, it's really good and jails into F21+3!

D4 low gunshots is a thing, use it.

They block F21+3 once? Do it again.

In the corner F41 into low gunshots leaves you at + a lot, so use 34 right after to launch their asses into a combo. Rinse and repeat.

If you want to do instant air gunshots, short hop, wait a fraction of a second and as she's falling down input bf1 and the first shot should get most characters. If you do it low enough, both will hit.

A trick with any character that has a 9f mid. If your opponent usually pokes into attack or pokes into grab, wait for the poke, block it, then F4 their ass. It'll clip them 11/10.

If your back is to the corner and you get a combo off, dash RIGHT after Kneecapin', like a full dash, and catch them with a S1, you can convert that into decent damage and put them back into the corner.

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS GUIDE SO FAR <3

Last edited:

sars

Noob
Y’all finding anything in the corner. All I’ve found was B13,1,1,1,D24 ended or or 34,1,1,1,B24 ended. Seems like she gets more damage not in the corner.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
What are the optimal midscreen combos for the 50/50? The kick into OH, and the two low starters?
I'll need to check that out tonight, I use 1,1,1 mostly since it does more damage. Try the same thing I do with that 1,1,1, string, but with any of these low starters and see if it works.

So, 3,4 * db1 amp * jump 2 * b2,4 + bd3 amp

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'll need to check that out tonight, I use 1,1,1 mostly since it does more damage. Try the same thing I do with that 1,1,1, string, but with any of these low starters and see if it works.

Alright I'll give it a shot in about a half hour. Not too keen on my original main picks but liking Cassie a lot, so strongly considering making the switch.

sars

Noob
Yeah she doesn't get a ton of damage in the corner, especially in the gun variation. The most I can do is

JI2 * b13 * 1 * 1 * 1 * b2,3 + nut kick AMP
You can get one more 1 in there. I guess I got all her combos down. Time to start working on setups and other stuff.

sars

Noob
Seems like she got some solid frame data, and a solid 4or 5 strings that are hit confirmable. I like how she turned out

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
You can get one more 1 in there. I guess I got all her combos down. Time to start working on setups and other stuff.
Edited, thanks!

Seems like she got some solid frame data, and a solid 4or 5 strings that are hit confirmable. I like how she turned out
She's got great pressure and good 50/50s.

Hankiro

Noob
In the corner I've been going with b12xs4x1x1x2112, but I need to explore more. I contributed a lot of tech for Robin in Injustice so hopefully I can do the same with Cassie. Looking forward to learning with yall

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
In the corner I've been going with b12xs4x1x1x2112, but I need to explore more. I contributed a lot of tech for Robin in Injustice so hopefully I can do the same with Cassie. Looking forward to learning with yall
Nice! Glad to see another Robin main joining the Cassie crew!

I was actually wondering if you could end a corner combo with her dial 2112, glad someone tested it out. I'll see if I can find more stuff after work this evening.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Thank the elder gods for this thread, I was hoping it would be made ASAP <3
Im going to lab all of this tonight. As of now, I feel like the variation with the low gunshot is going to be the most optimal one to stick with, is everybody else kinda feeling that as well?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Im going to lab all of this tonight. As of now, I feel like the variation with the low gunshot is going to be the most optimal one to stick with, is everybody else kinda feeling that as well?
Yep, having low gunshot against zoners is extremely effective and so is the air bullet barrage as an anti-air, I wouldn't bother with the other one for now.

sars

Noob
I havnt messed around with the other veriations yet but I’m liking the low gunshot one. I have another 2 days off so I might mess around with the other one tomarrow. The ex shoulder tackle looks fun as hell to use, but I probably won’t stick with it. The low gun has to many uses

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

So Midscreen for the Low starter (F3,4) I adjusted it a bit for about ten points more damage and found 272 damage one bar and 294 two bars for this-

F34, EX DB1, JK4, 21-BD3 (EX for the 2nd bar)

I'll only be using the GunShot variation today. I'm back on now for the next like 5-6 hours straight so I'll be experimenting for higher damage and tech/setups.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So Midscreen for the Low starter (F3,4) I adjusted it a bit for about ten points more damage and found 272 damage one bar and 294 two bars for this-

F34, EX DB1, JK4, 21-BD3 (EX for the 2nd bar)

I'll only be using the GunShot variation today. I'm back on now for the next like 5-6 hours straight so I'll be experimenting for higher damage and tech/setups.
Sweet, added it! I'll see if we can use F3,4 to punish. It has a pretty slow start-up, but it's safe on block.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Yep, having low gunshot against zoners is extremely effective and so is the air bullet barrage as an anti-air, I wouldn't bother with the other one for now.
That's exactly what I was going by, plus the ex low gunshot is a tight combo extender. Really wish the names were switched, because Yaas Queen is so good :(

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Sweet, added it! I'll see if we can use F3,4 to punish. It has a pretty slow start-up, but it's safe on block.
It's a bit slow for punishing a lot of blocked attacks (19F), so we might be better off punishing with old reliable F4 when in doubt. Though the JK4 in the combo won't work there because the kick will kick them away instead of directly over them, so will use your combo on F4 hits.

The mix with low will be strong when applying staggers or landing the +frames. Very strong I think.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It's a bit slow for punishing a lot of blocked attacks (19F), so we might be better off punishing with old reliable F4 when in doubt. Though the JK4 in the combo won't work there because the kick will kick them away instead of directly over them, so will use your combo on F4 hits.

The mix with low will be strong when applying staggers or landing the +frames. Very strong I think.
Yeah I noticed they patched that, use J2.