What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

I would say the flawless block can be a risky option as well. You block too early, hes plus and can do virtually whatever he wants, you block to late and he gets a full combo.

Using nut kick as a reversal is indeed risky but if it works, you turned the tables and now you're plus and he has to hold your follow up.

Not the liu kang player has 2 options he has to think about, a plus nut kick reversal that puts him at the mercy of plus frames and a flawless block that leads to a juggle.

2 options are way better then one lol
Yes of course if flawless block fails it will be a problem. Same with S1 interrupt.

Nut kick can be executed much easier.

And I agree that one more option is always better. :)

Next time I play a Liu I will try it. At least I do not have to care about execution.
But I try to play and focus on the more difficult but more optimal solutions.
Flawless block can cover several Liu's follow up as well (special cancels) while nut kick interrupt covers stagger (except block).
S1 interrupt is more rewarding than nut kick and covers block but weak against D1/D2 stagger.

F4 stagger will win lol.

In Kombat league I play against low-mid skill players (I believe myself as mid) so probably it will work too.
I just always try to play better and use more advanced options if possible despite the opponent and my general skill and fg level.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yes of course if flawless block fails it will be a problem. Same with S1 interrupt.

Nut kick can be executed much easier.

And I agree that one more option is always better. :)

Next time I play a Liu I will try it. At least I do not have to care about execution.
But I try to play and focus on the more difficult but more optimal solutions.
Flawless block can cover several Liu's follow up as well (special cancels) while nut kick interrupt covers stagger (except block).
S1 interrupt is more rewarding than nut kick and covers block but weak against D1/D2 stagger.

F4 stagger will win lol.

No you're right, every situation is give and take. You have to look at what's your best option in the moment, factoring in your health bar, his health bar, his block string tendencies and what you've already done on defense. If you've done the nut kick once and it was successful, the liu kang player is less likely to go for the same string twice, looking for you to do it again so they can full combo punish.

That's when you take advantage but going on the offensive, rather it be a grab, d1,2 or even a f4 or s1 depending on what their reactions are.

Flawless block is scary because it leads to life loss and plus frames but if they know you're going for a flawless block they can grab you which could potentially lead to a crushing blow or even step back and repeat the string.

The S1 option is good but timing is a bit strict meaning if you're off, you're eating a crushing blow for 3-400+ and if you decide to break away from that combo you lost all you defensive meter meaning your flawless block option is now obsolete and you have to potentially hold everything he throws.

No you're right, every situation is give and take. You have to look at what's your best option in the moment, factoring in your health bar, his health bar, his block string tendencies and what you've already done on defense. If you've done the nut kick once and it was successful, the liu kang player is less likely to go for the same string twice, looking for you to do it again so they can full combo punish.

That's when you take advantage but going on the offensive, rather it be a grab, d1,2 or even a f4 or s1 depending on what their reactions are.

Flawless block is scary because it leads to life loss and plus frames but if they know you're going for a flawless block they can grab you which could potentially lead to a crushing blow or even step back and repeat the string.

The S1 option is good but timing is a bit strict meaning if you're off, you're eating a crushing blow for 3-400+ and if you decide to break away from that combo you lost all you defensive meter meaning your flawless block option is now obsolete and you have to potentially hold everything he throws.
If you flawless block Liu's F43U3 it is -11 and an easy 111 punish!
Do not underestimate it. :)

If I expect special cancel (low fireball, parry) I try to time as flawless block to cover F43U3 too however yes it will be weak for stagger in general.
Low fireball 20F while 3rd hit 26F so I am late against stagger anyway. :) But I think can visually confirm 3rd hit over low fireball - however online and under stress it is not consistent. I am not a bot but tried to lab.

For the other staggers nut kick is good (except block) or D1/S1 (it interrupts F43U3 as well).

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
If you flawless block Liu's F43U3 it is -11 and an easy 111 punish!
Do not underestimate it. :)

If I expect special cancel (low fireball, parry) I try to time as flawless block to cover F43U3 too however yes it will be weak for stagger in general.
Low fireball 20F while 3rd hit 26F so I am late against stagger anyway. :)

For the other staggers nut kick is good (except block) or D1/S1 (it interrupts F43U3 as well).

I'm confused lol I didn't underestimate flawless block in my post lol I simply stated the drawbacks to it just like the other options...

I'm confused lol I didn't underestimate flawless block in my post lol I simply stated the drawbacks to it just like the other options...
"you lost all you defensive meter meaning your flawless block option is now obsolete "

I mean flawless block option is NOT obsolete without def meter! :)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
"you lost all you defensive meter meaning your flawless block option is now obsolete "

I mean flawless block option is NOT obsolete without def meter! :)
No you're right I left that part out. hat tilt

Basically, all I'm getting at is everything option is give and take. When theres a counter, theres a way for your opponent to counter the counter. Theres always an answer to something so far in this games

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
What's the best meterless corner combo you guys have off a b13 starter in the corner? Whata the input and damage?

@Vengeance135 I played yesterday 2 Liu Kangs out of the 5 KL (no Scorpion this time) and tried nut kick it worked of course and was fun. They were pretty bad therefore there was no real mind game after that. I would need a longer set aganst Liu to start feeling it. :(
However once he D2 me after nut kick out of my F4 follow up lol. It was probably lag - damn I think I will use amp nut kick for 11% this time and rather oki (and after 2 a possible KB) - but idk restand would be better especially if they press button.

I only lost against a total unknown match up Cetrion with Scorpion - it was still close but I completely forgot playing Scorpion as I played mostly Cassie in the last 4-5 days.
A 14/3 stat guy disconnected after the 1st match lol now I know why he had good stat with that low skill.

I have 14-1 (2 disconnects do not count) but still getting rookies in KL... Ok they might not that bad just do not know Cassie match up or whatever. Still press button after +4 restand.
Maybe next time when I climb higher (still just Kombatant but only 15 matches).

I just found this: never better match footage for this match up!!! :D

Last edited:
What's the best meterless corner combo you guys have off a b13 starter in the corner? Whata the input and damage?
Best is relative.
For damage I found this (maybe on page 1?):
B13, S4, 111xxBF1 AMP (337)

For restand this:
B13, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 111xxBD3 (265) Stays in corner

The restand is not optimal but the optimal (maybe I found this site page 1) was too difficult to me.

Out of corner restand (I do not prefare it as corners me but fun):
B13, 1, 1, B24xxDB1 AMP, B2xxBD3 (286)

Not sure if a better method exists but,
I was messing with ways to consistently get the right height for corner combos with amp guns and for me, b13 b3 1 34 amp guns works perfect every time and auto timed.

b13, b3, 1, 34 xx amp guns, 3 xx nut kick = 340
b13, b3, 1, 34 xx amp guns, 11 xx glow kick = 330

I use the 11 glow kick ender a lot because its much easier juggle after guns and pushes me a little bit further from the corner.

I was messing with ways to consistently get the right height for corner combos with amp guns and for me, b13 b3 1 34 amp guns works perfect every time and auto timed.

I use the 11 glow kick ender a lot because its much easier juggle after guns and pushes me a little bit further from the corner.
Wow that's long combo.
I only could do this:
B13, S4, 111xxBF1 AMP (337)
B13, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 111xxBD3 (265)

340 for restand that's serious. I will check it.
I checked it: my skill is not enough for it lol. B13, B3, 1, 34 ok but no way that amp guns connected. :)

Last edited:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

Do you know if the 11 xx upkick is replaceable with 124 since that would setup a safe jump against most characters

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
What's with her frame data on PC? B24 is -8 on PC and -7 on PS4. And a couple of them are one higher on PC as well.

Kitana low profiled my F4 after +4 restand with D3.
I checked in the practice room and it looks legit.
Walk back B2 whiffs too if it is done when D3 active but I could B2 whiff punish on reaction when I saw D3 (probably when she was in recovery state).
Same as Erron.

I was outzoned by High Born. That dropping shit spam messed me up. Zero match up knowledge. :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Niiiice, it is 30% with restand. But need commitment or godlike reaction on J4 hit. :)
I do only 27% combo yet but it is easy. :p
Yeah, you need to go for it as soon as it hits. I just got it online so as long as J4 hits you're good.

Yeah, you need to go for it as soon as it hits. I just got it online so as long as J4 hits you're good.
I am not comfortable with B1 yet I literally do not use it.
But I experienced (against me) that it is worth using and more confuse the opponent who forgot to block low.

@Hor_PeT you can do 34 in corner with amp BF1 and end in nutkick restand while keeping the corner for around 364damage (no KB needed)
Yesterday I was D2 KB 2 times by a Cassie who did B13 and on block D2. I just messed up the punish timing (hit S1 too early) and there was latency.
Lol that disrespect bullshit is practiced but I can respect as she has nothing to lose (should have punished anyway). But need to practice Cassie match up too... Easy to play... difficult to play against... :)

What is the combo? Which starter? B13?
B13, 34xxBF1 AMP, nut kick?
I tried it now but no way I could connect nut kick after BF1 AMP. :(