What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah, the amount of players is not the issue. There are just less decent players on PC. Competitive standard is PS4 so it makes sense, and you can find really great players on PC, but not as many. I just play long sets against people that have a good understanding about the game, but going in ranked to find a challenge is not the best idea on PC.
That sucks, we really need crossplay.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I think we are going to agree to disagree and that's totally okay. Staggers to me are the way I defined it previously in our conversation. Those rules don't really apply in this game though and I'm starting to see that. My thought process on staggers are geared more towards tekken and street fighter (where my fighting game experience comes from which is why we aren't in agreement). So the use of the term stagger in these games really differ do to the tool sets in this game.

I do appreciate and respect your opinion though and I did learn some stuff!!!! Are you on PSN? I'd like to hit the lab with you or maybe run some games!

Also @Vslayer when we gonna play?!?
Sorry to drag on the discussion but I just want to point out one last thing. B2 is -4 so on paper you’ve given up your turn but it’s your job to steal your turn whenever possible. This is a concept that a lot of players get hung up on so I just wanted to point out that adjustments should constantly be made based on what your opponent does. I think this is one of the reasons sonicfox is the best. He does this better than anyone I’ve seen

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Sorry to drag on the discussion but I just want to point out one last thing. B2 is -4 so on paper you’ve given up your turn but it’s your job to steal your turn whenever possible. This is a concept that a lot of players get hung up on so I just wanted to point out that adjustments should constantly be made based on what your opponent does. I think this is one of the reasons sonicfox is the best. He does this better than anyone I’ve seen
No I understand what you're saying. I'm an on and off the books kind of player. Unorthodox type if you will. But also remember that your opponent can adjust just as well as you and if they have a good handle on your character vs what they can do, your options stay limited. But that's just fighting games in general.

I mean we can go back and forth but at the end of the day I think we could just agree to disagree. Sonicfox is a great player for sure, but I think he really does jump the gun on a lot of things. In the past, he has always shifted his tier list opinions in a matter of days and with Cassie he gave hardly any explanation other then she has a good corner game... her corner game is average if that. Her S-Tier? No. Top 10? I can see it.

Again, this game hasn't been out that long so once people start seeing the linearity of Cassie's playbook, she won't be a problem for those who can compete in neutral and deal with zoning.

It's too early for tier lists!!!

Ehndur

Yes
That sucks, we really need crossplay.
Maybe in a title update :/ That'd be great.

Although, there are perks to be on PC. Discord games, mods (??), controller choice (DS3 for life), and we just got an official 60 FPS patch for in game cinematics and the Krypt. (Along with a "various balance changes" that was not detailed and no one actually knows what it's about :D ) Edit: there are also filters with some CGs that I actually enjoy messing around with.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Maybe in a title update :/ That'd be great.

Although, there are perks to be on PC. Discord games, mods (??), controller choice (DS3 for life), and we just got an official 60 FPS patch for in game cinematics and the Krypt. (Along with a "various balance changes" that was not detailed and no one actually knows what it's about :D )
The 360 controller was my baby when I played MKX on PC.

sars

Noob
I feel like the restand is all she has. What mix ups does she actually have? F4 is a mid starter and you have to commit to the overhead which leads to little or no damage. Sure you can cancel into low amp gunshot but that's a commitment just for inconsistent combo and is stupid unsafe if you read it wrong and takes them out the corner if you get the hit confirm.

B1,3 is her only corner combo starter that keeps her opponents there but is full combo punishable on block which, again, is a risk. Her throw game is pretty predictable too. She doesn't want to get stuck in the corner since her getups aren't all that great so shes going to keep you there. Easy tech.

I'm not downplaying her here. I really think shes a low A+ tier character. But shes pretty technical to be effective and I feel like Sonicfox hardly elaborated factual evidence and since he has a huge following, more people who don't know how to lab and practice will just complain and then she will get nerfed...
Why you have to commit to F4. Ita 0 on block and you can hit confirm F41 and it’s also safe. You don’t have to commit to nothing off of that string

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Why you have to commit to F4. Ita 0 on block and you can hit confirm F41 and it’s also safe. You don’t have to commit to nothing off of that string
If you are aiming to combo off the second hit In the F4 string, it is a commitment. If you just do f41 and they block it, then you gave up your turn which is fine. Theres not a lot of cancel advantage on the second hit of the f4 string. Either you know the overhead is going to hit and you commit to the kneecap for the combo or you guess wrong, they block and they punish you for using kneecappin. Hence, commitment.

sars

Noob
If you are aiming to combo off the second hit In the F4 string, it is a commitment. If you just do f41 and they block it, then you gave up your turn which is fine. Theres not a lot of cancel advantage on the second hit of the f4 string. Either you know the overhead is going to hit and you commit to the kneecap for the combo or you guess wrong, they block and they punish you for using kneecappin. Hence, commitment.
Well that’s most 2 hit strings. You read if the first on hits and go from there. It’s also 9 frame start up. It’s one of the best footsie buttons in the game.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Well that’s most 2 hit strings. You read if the first on hits and go from there. It’s also 9 frame start up. It’s one of the best footsie buttons in the game.
Again, I wasn't discrediting the strings reliably. But you're still committing to its use. That's all I was saying.

I have not seen this meterless kb combo yet, it gives good dmg but is very strict, too strict for online at least imo.
B1,3 kb, b2,4, 1,1,1 xx ender (36% with non amp upkick)

Oh, and usually you need to punish moves with a move that is 1 frame faster than the actual minus frames, like in most games, but why can sub then punish our -11 b1 with his slide?

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I have not seen this meterless kb combo yet, it gives good dmg but is very strict, too strict for online at least imo.

Oh, and usually you need to punish moves with a move that is 1 frame faster than the actual minus frames, like in most games, but why can sub then punish our -11 b1 with his slide?
If you j4 into air bullet barrage instead of 111 you’ll get a clean 38% and it’s hella easy to land.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

Most games you can actually punish frame for frame due to being able to buffer inputs while in blockstun. This game doesn’t work that way...exactly. The way the mechanics work are: releasing block takes 1 frame unless you use reversal special. So example: you aren’t able to punish a -10 move with a 10frame normal but if you use a 10 frame reversal special you can punish

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
If you j4 into air bullet barrage instead of 111 you’ll get a clean 38% and it’s hella easy to land.
B13 KB, b24, j4/bullet barrage seems impossible.

Also B13 KB, b24, 111/glowkick does 336.33 which is 33% not 36%. Still really good for meterless though.

I’ll probably stick to B13 KB, 4/low shot for 28%, If I have a bar I can amplify for 39% and they will likely breakaway anyway.

Try b1,3, dash, 3,4, ender. Impossible to drop and 3,4 is a great way to add dmg
Oh the combo i posted was for the non kb version, sorry! But it is stupid to land the b2,4 just right.
I think i need a new monitor, i have massive delays, i cannot connect anything outside of practice mode, tried necrodancer and the delay is very high, rip.
B1,3, 4, 1, 1, 1, 111 xx ender in the corner for example.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
B13 KB, b24, j4/bullet barrage seems impossible.

Also B13 KB, b24, 111/glowkick does 336.33 which is 33% not 36%. Still really good for meterless though.

I’ll probably stick to B13 KB, 4/low shot for 28%, If I have a bar I can amplify for 39% and they will likely breakaway anyway.
Really? I can record it and show you I use it all the time.

I'll correct that!

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
Didn't you mean B1, 3 KB * B2, 4 * AMP Low Gunshots * JI4 * Air Bullet Barrage ? It does 38% like you said.
That is what I was thinking, but he was talking about the meterless version, so I wanted to clarify. And using 4 instead b24 does more damage and is easier to hit on both males and females.

Really? I can record it and show you I use it all the time.

I'll correct that!
If it is the meterless version, please do. The jump seems way too tight to land even in the corner.

Ehndur

Yes
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but a LATE jump or hop Air Bullet Barrage will catch opp's head on the first bullet.

First, it's about the same frame start-up, counting the hop + the actual start-up of Bullet Barrage (which is 6), as Dual Wielding (high projectiles) (which is 23)

There are 2 bullets, and the second one is higher than the first one;
o - The first one seems to consistently hit in the head (tested on Jacqui, as she seems to have a lower hitbox)
o - The second one hits higher. Usually, the first bullet will hit in air opp, but if it doesn't, the second bullet will.

So this has some utility:
  • It will hit people trying to move forward.
  • It will hit people trying to jump.
  • Cassie moves backwards thanks the Bullet Barrage.
  • You can AMP it once you land to catch people off guard.
I've played long sets against a good Kabal, and it seems to be very useful against characters with jump projectiles (Kabal, Jade, Sub-Zero etc...)
Watch out tho, depending on the range and opp's specials, you can get punished on block if you don't AMP it. Like Kabal's Nomad Dash punishes it at mid range. BUT, you can AMP it on reaction.

On the other hand, Dual Wielding can be AMPed for multiple shots, or delayed/charged/canceled, but doesn't catch people jumping, has a long start-up, and leaves you in place.

I'd like to know what you think about that.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I'll have to test it out, do you cancel it during the end of the jump? mine never seem to connect and I do it at the last possible second.

Ehndur

Yes
I'll have to test it out, do you cancel it during the end of the jump? mine never seem to connect and I do it at the last possible second.
Yeah. Most effective way is with a hop. Because you have time to react if opp does something like a straight projectile, and just land and block. I usually hop a bit at a safe distance to make them respect it.

Just input the Bullet Barrage as late as you can. Takes a strict timing, but seems consistent with practice.

sars

Noob
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but a LATE jump or hop Air Bullet Barrage will catch opp's head on the first bullet.

First, it's about the same frame start-up, counting the hop + the actual start-up of Bullet Barrage (which is 6), as Dual Wielding (high projectiles) (which is 23)

There are 2 bullets, and the second one is higher than the first one;
o - The first one seems to consistently hit in the head (tested on Jacqui, as she seems to have a lower hitbox)
o - The second one hits higher. Usually, the first bullet will hit in air opp, but if it doesn't, the second bullet will.

So this has some utility:
  • It will hit people trying to move forward.
  • It will hit people trying to jump.
  • Cassie moves backwards thanks the Bullet Barrage.
  • You can AMP it once you land to catch people off guard.
I've played long sets against a good Kabal, and it seems to be very useful against characters with jump projectiles (Kabal, Jade, Sub-Zero etc...)
Watch out tho, depending on the range and opp's specials, you can get punished on block if you don't AMP it. Like Kabal's Nomad Dash punishes it at mid range. BUT, you can AMP it on reaction.

On the other hand, Dual Wielding can be AMPed for multiple shots, or delayed/charged/canceled, but doesn't catch people jumping, has a long start-up, and leaves you in place.

I'd like to know what you think about that.
On taller characters you can get the 2nd on to hit pretty consistently off of a hop.

sars

Noob
I cannot stand her U3 on flawless block. It works great on some moves but some moves you literally get nothing. I just wish they would make it consistent. It’s going to take a long time to remember what strings it works good for and what strings it’s useless for. I just wish the opponent wouldn’t fly so damn far lol.

Ehndur

Yes
On taller characters you can get the 2nd on to hit pretty consistently off of a hop.
You're right, the timing to hit tall characters is less strict, and the second bullet can hit if Bullet Barrage is done very late. I didn't manage to get both bullets to hit on hit though, only on block. Tested against Shao Kahn.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
@lionheart21

I labbed Kano doing a D1 and then a command grab and I came up with a few things.

Block the D1 the first hit, let go of block and get a D2 KB and follow that up with a combo and get around 38%.

Block the D1 neutral jump kick * f2 + amp low gunshots * j4 + air bullet barrage 30% punish right there

Block the D1 punish with 1,1,1 and go into a combo off of that. You can get around 28% from one bar.

@lionheart21

I labbed Kano doing a D1 and then a command grab and I came up with a few things.

Block the D1 the first hit, let go of block and get a D2 KB and follow that up with a combo and get around 38%.

Block the D1 neutral jump kick * f2 + amp low gunshots * j4 + air bullet barrage 30% punish right there

Block the D1 punish with 1,1,1 and go into a combo off of that. You can get around 28% from one bar.
JTCircus is going to report this post to Storms lol