What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
Is there any serious talk about Cassie's second variation being very good? I don't hear/see anything about it.
I’m starting to use it against Sub-Zero and maybe Geras because they invalidate her zoning. Also shoulder charge is Cassie’s only guaranteed punish for Noob’s b1/grab string, so there is probably some MU specific uses.

For a low starter you can do b13 b24 db1(amp) nutkick for 260 1 bar . I can probably add more but I’m bad and it seemed more optimal than the 2 bar one

Goatlegs

Noob
So I just spent the better part of 2 or so hours getting bodied by a Baraka. He seems to outfootsie her, outzone her (it's difficult to low shot under his fireball), outpoke her, and outdamage her. Anyone have any tips for how this match should be played? I got pretty good mileage out of f2 and throws towards the end.

Also, sorry if this has already been posted, but has anyone else noticed that her b3 shadow kick is a weirdly good anti-air? It seems to have good priority and can be followed up with b24~db1amp, 2112 for 285.7 damage.

ye baraka seems like a bad match up for cassie, played a good baraka yesterday in KOH 2 games, couldn't keep him away and once he is close
he hits like a truck, haven't checked his frame data yet but I couldn't outpoke him

Ehndur

Yes
I noticed that using S4 - D1 instead of B3 - S1 in the corner combo does more damage in the end, around +10.

Also, is it really worth building her Nut Kick KB ? Doesn't really seem like so. You lose around 100 damages doing the Nut Kick instead of Low Gunshots to continue the combo. Times 3. And you're only gaining around 150-200 doing the KB the third time. And some of that is DoT, which doesn't really serve any purpose, when you can get flat HPs instead with a regular Low Gunshots combo.

You're also losing a restand for a knock down. Personally, I'd rather have the restand with +2 Frames.
You're gaining the fact that the opponent can't Breakaway I guess, and/or give him the option to use defense/offense bars on wake-up.

What do you think ?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So I just spent the better part of 2 or so hours getting bodied by a Baraka. He seems to outfootsie her, outzone her (it's difficult to low shot under his fireball), outpoke her, and outdamage her. Anyone have any tips for how this match should be played? I got pretty good mileage out of f2 and throws towards the end.

Also, sorry if this has already been posted, but has anyone else noticed that her b3 shadow kick is a weirdly good anti-air? It seems to have good priority and can be followed up with b24~db1amp, 2112 for 285.7 damage.
His pressure is good, use D4 to stagger him away from you. I usually go into F2, 1+3 from there to really show that I'm controlling the space now and even if he blocks it still has enough pushback for you to whiff punish into F4,2. Just be patient and use D4 to get him out of your face. Use 2112 on block, it's safe and pushes back too.

I noticed that using S4 - D1 instead of B3 - S1 in the corner combo does more damage in the end, around +10.

Also, is it really worth building her Nut Kick KB ? Doesn't really seem like so. You lose around 100 damages doing the Nut Kick instead of Low Gunshots to continue the combo. Times 3. And you're only gaining around 150-200 doing the KB the third time. And some of that is DoT, which doesn't really serve any purpose, when you can get flat HPs instead with a regular Low Gunshots combo.

You're also losing a restand for a knock down. Personally, I'd rather have the restand with +2 Frames.
You're gaining the fact that the opponent can't Breakaway I guess, and/or give him the option to use defense/offense bars on wake-up.

What do you think ?
I haven't done it a lot, to be honest, I like using the restand to go for a grab or push them away and then go back in since she really controls all distances very well against most of the cast. She has 1 bar 30% combos that are better than using the nut kick, but I just like doing it 'cause it's so satisfying to end a combo with it :p especially if you amplify it. But if you can time it with charged guns it'll do way more damage and if you can time it in a KB, then you're looking at close to 50% damage. I think that's the thing they had in mind really, combining KBs and charged guns to get massive damage.

Ehndur

Yes
The only benefit of AMP Nut Kick is the Brutality :D

Charging the guns can be great. Although, against some match-ups, it gets tougher. And sometimes, even if you manage to charge them, you end up using them on block to go in on someone zoning you out. For such cases (and in general), I charge them by ending a combo with 3, 4 into B F 1 and let it charge. Usually I have enough time, if they don't react on time and have any fast gap closer or fast projectile.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well after seeing the thread about gaps in strings... I went back into the lab to actually learn a bnb for Cassie since she has minimal gaps (and something I want to not worry so much about is getting my strings interrupted with flawless blocks). So, for any of you Cassie players or potential Cassie players that also hate jumping mid combo and risking drops... I came up with a much simpler bnb off of both starters:

1. F41, ex low gun, S1, b24, nut
  2. B24, ex low gun, S1, b24, nut
and then for the B13 combo starter, instead of jumping I like doing this:
  1. B13, b24, ex low gun, 34
  2. B13, F41, ex low gun, 34

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
The only benefit of AMP Nut Kick is the Brutality :D

Charging the guns can be great. Although, against some match-ups, it gets tougher. And sometimes, even if you manage to charge them, you end up using them on block to go in on someone zoning you out. For such cases (and in general), I charge them by ending a combo with 3, 4 into B F 1 and let it charge. Usually I have enough time, if they don't react on time and have any fast gap closer or fast projectile.
Yeah, I try to not use low gunshot on block since it's really unsafe unless you amplify it and I also noticed if they block and you finish the F4,1 string it'll spend the charge which is kind of a bummer. I wish it would be like Scorpion's spear where it's timed. It would at least give her more decent damage.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Granted, they do less damage, but it's really consistent.

Also, if you aren't AAing with S1... you're missing out. I've never, NEVER, been good at AAing in any MK game... but her S1 is soooooo good for AA. If you haven't, give it a try. It's godlike.

Ehndur

Yes
Well after seeing the thread about gaps in strings... I went back into the lab to actually learn a bnb for Cassie since she has minimal gaps (and something I want to not worry so much about is getting my strings interrupted with flawless blocks). So, for any of you Cassie players or potential Cassie players that also hate jumping mid combo and risking drops... I came up with a much simpler bnb off of both starters:

The F41 starter combos are honestly pretty consistent with a ji2, on both Male and Females characters. It's the B24 starter that can be tricky sometimes. But yeah, realiable combos are much more efficient online for people that have trouble with jumping combos.

Yeah, I try to not use low gunshot on block since it's really unsafe unless you amplify it and I also noticed if they block and you finish the F4,1 string it'll spend the charge which is kind of a bummer. I wish it would be like Scorpion's spear where it's timed. It would at least give her more decent damage.
Yeah, and you could end combos with 2112 for extra damages, that would be interesting for her combo paths.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The F41 starter combos are honestly pretty consistent with a ji2, on both Male and Females characters. It's the B24 starter that can be tricky sometimes. But yeah, realiable combos are much more efficient online for people that have trouble with jumping combos.
I have no doubt that they are, I just prefer less chances for dropped combos and dropped damage. (Or ya know, not getting punished for doing a combo cause I dropped it) So typically, unless it's something super easy like jump 3 into superman for raiden or jumping while doing a corner combo, I try to stay away from jumping mid combo.

Just a personal preference. Thought I would post the combos in case other people aren't fans of jump combos either.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I have no doubt that they are, I just prefer less chances for dropped combos and dropped damage. (Or ya know, not getting punished for doing a combo cause I dropped it) So typically, unless it's something super easy like jump 3 into superman for raiden or jumping while doing a corner combo, I try to stay away from jumping mid combo.

Just a personal preference. Thought I would post the combos in case other people aren't fans of jump combos either.
They are definitely good alternatives, I just think after playing her for like 3 weeks I can get them consistently now even on female characters. It really is just about practice and timing and if ever the opponent falls quicker or you took to long to J2 you can just go into B3 + Up glow kick and it'll do good damage too.

Zachara

Noob
Was thinking of asking the opinions of people regarding our combo ender but not had a chance.
As much as we all like damage and the potential KB of Amped Nut Punch, I 100% prefer the restand. Only being +4 isn't exactly ground breaking but you can definitely force people to respect you and don't have the worry of eating a wake up attack or roll into punish when trying to meaty. There will be times for it obviously (Most likely when you want to spend some bar for damage but don't want to LowShotAmp them out of the corner) but a majority of the time I don't see the need for it unless I think it will end the round.

But eventually you won’t want super simple when there is more optimal things you can accomplish

sars

Noob
Was thinking of asking the opinions of people regarding our combo ender but not had a chance.
As much as we all like damage and the potential KB of Amped Nut Punch, I 100% prefer the restand. Only being +4 isn't exactly ground breaking but you can definitely force people to respect you and don't have the worry of eating a wake up attack or roll into punish when trying to meaty. There will be times for it obviously (Most likely when you want to spend some bar for damage but don't want to LowShotAmp them out of the corner) but a majority of the time I don't see the need for it unless I think it will end the round.
Yeah the reset is always the way to go. If I’m going to use 2 bars in a combo I’m still gonna use 2 db1amp in my combos and end in nut punch. From there you have many options throw, make them think you gonna throw and wiff punishing there tech attempt. The other options are there for ending a round.

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I made a video guide y'all, I hope it helps some newcomers to MK11 and Cassie first timers. Also sorry for that background noise my PS4 Pro legit sounds like a freaking NITRO ROCKET ON STEROIDS.

After my koth matches and @JBeezYBabY s streams I will absolutely check'er out!
also I edited your post a TINY Bit!(least it is more accurate too my brothers Ps4 pro LmAo)
this will help me alot, so thank yo!!

Last edited: