What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yeah, she'll be my main no matter what and we can still find cool tech even if they do touch her frame data a bit. I really like playing Johnny, he has a restand like Cassie so the gameplan is sort of similar. His B34 reaches so far but he's so easy to zone and his projectile sucks.
Yeah, she'll be my main no matter what and we can still find cool tech even if they do touch her frame data a bit. I really like playing Johnny, he has a restand like Cassie so the gameplan is sort of similar. His B34 reaches so far but he's so easy to zone and his projectile sucks.
I was messing with Johnny a bit and he has some pretty good stuff. I don't know if you know this or if all the Johnny players know this but his shadow kick can punish Cassie's kneecappin and far/mid-ish range and closer. I got hit with that a few times and immediately stopped that shit.

The more I see AND lab how to punish kneecappin, the more I realize it's not overwhelming. It's super punishable. I feel like the fact that it low profiles most projectiles is a fair tradeoff for how unsafe it is.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I was messing with Johnny a bit and he has some pretty good stuff. I don't know if you know this or if all the Johnny players know this but his shadow kick can punish Cassie's kneecappin and far/mid-ish range and closer. I got hit with that a few times and immediately stopped that shit.

The more I see AND lab how to punish kneecappin, the more I realize it's not overwhelming. It's super punishable. I feel like the fact that it low profiles most projectiles is a fair tradeoff for how unsafe it is.
Yep, @ShepherdOfFire has done that to me with his Johnny and he can punish it with his B34 as well and get a full combo.

It really is amazingly unsafe close range people online are letting Cassie get away with so much stuff it's ridiculous.

sars

Noob
Did you try anyone else? :)
There are other good footsies characters... but I admit that Cassie is the most fun so far to me.
No and I won’t. I will main Cassie until she no longer in Mortal kombat though. I’m a character loyalist. Cassie cage MK, cammy street fighter, Marie rose DOA

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yep, @ShepherdOfFire has done that to me with his Johnny and he can punish it with his B34 as well and get a full combo.

It really is amazingly unsafe close range people online are letting Cassie get away with so much stuff it's ridiculous.
Idk about you but I'm really hating the Shang Tsung MU. I need to lab and grind it more but I really feel that he beats her. So far the only thing I know for certain is, he wins the zone war. Cassie cannot zone him. He can punish her projectiles easily with ground eruption after he blocks. Corpse drop is an unfavorable trade vs Cassie and you kind of have to hold it because if you dash forward and dodge the body, the splash from the amped version is so huge it hits you.

Theres a few other things I want to add but I don't have concrete in game evidence yet. Only lab stuff. I need to grind the MU with another competent player again so I'll hold off for now but yeah, I think its favorable for him.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Idk about you but I'm really hating the Shang Tsung MU. I need to lab and grind it more but I really feel that he beats her. So far the only thing I know for certain is, he wins the zone war. Cassie cannot zone him. He can punish her projectiles easily with ground eruption after he blocks. Corpse drop is an unfavorable trade vs Cassie and you kind of have to hold it because if you dash forward and dodge the body, the splash from the amped version is so huge it hits you.

Theres a few other things I want to add but I don't have concrete in game evidence yet. Only lab stuff. I need to grind the MU with another competent player again so I'll hold off for now but yeah, I think its favorable for him.
Yeah, I actually played a set against a great Shang and the games he won were the games he used Corpse Drop a lot. And you're right, even if you doge it or block it and dash, the explosion will still hit you which is kinda dumb. I don't think it's a bad MU, but it's a harder one for sure.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yeah, I actually played a set against a great Shang and the games he won were the games he used Corpse Drop a lot. And you're right, even if you doge it or block it and dash, the explosion will still hit you which is kinda dumb. I don't think it's a bad MU, but it's a harder one for sure.

I can't counter your argument due to lack of grinding and labbing with a shang tsung player so.... this conversation shall.... be continued lol

I share a tech: Hop air shot after corps drop and you avoid amp and can attack back.
Point is you can jump out of amp. No dash.

I play with Scorpion against Shang as I do not like heavy projectile war especially when lose. :)

Cassie can at least easily punish ground eruption cancels.with Scorp need flawless block.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I share a tech: Hop air shot after corps drop and you avoid amp and can attack back.
Point is you can jump out of amp. No dash.

I play with Scorpion against Shang as I do not like heavy projectile war especially when lose. :)

Cassie can at least easily punish ground eruption cancels.with Scorp need flawless block.

Cassie can punish ground eruption cancels? What do you mean? Before he fires the ground eruption or after you block it?

Cassie can punish ground eruption cancels? What do you mean? Before he fires the ground eruption or after you block it?
Of course after. :)
You avoid 2nd spark and punish. Did not you see Tom Brady's video? :)

Just go to lab and dash after the first spark and punish. From not all the strings/buttons work but with Cassie it works better than with Scorpion as Scorpion has wide stance.
Scorpion can punish it with flawless block most of the cases. Cassie can punish better with F2 from further range.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Of course after. :)
You avoid 2nd spark and punish. Did not you see Tom Brady's video? :)

Just go to lab and dash after the first spark and punish. From not all the strings/buttons work but with Cassie it works better than with Scorpion as Scorpion has wide stance.
Scorpion can punish it with flawless block most of the cases. Cassie can punish better with F2 from further range.

Yeah I did. You might want to revisit that video. He was talking about close quarters cancels into ground eruption. Like d1-ground eruption etc. He said that outside of the close quarters range, it gets sketchy and becomes a risk and you really need to know your positioning and what he's doing. My problem isn't shang tsungs ground eruption up close. If you're dumb enough to do that move in my face, your dumb enough to get wrecked for it. I don't know about you, but I don't think Cassie has great dashes. When I've tried to dash after the second ball I got hit. Maybe it was online lag but I couldn't escape the second hit with a dash.

Yeah I did. You might want to revisit that video. He was talking about close quarters cancels into ground eruption. Like d1-ground eruption etc. He said that outside of the close quarters range, it gets sketchy and becomes a risk and you really need to know your positioning and what he's doing. My problem isn't shang tsungs ground eruption up close. If you're dumb enough to do that move in my face, your dumb enough to get wrecked for it. I don't know about you, but I don't think Cassie has great dashes. When I've tried to dash after the second ball I got hit.
Cassie has amazing forward dash I think.

Yes with D3/D4 ground eruption dash might not work but flawless block into F2 is easy for Cassie.
So maybe always flawless blocking is better than thinking about the spacing. :)

Try it it works I labbed all his moves a week ago. Both with Cassie and Scorpion.

Of course I am not pro enough to do it every time but it is just matter of practice. It is not a 10 times/match situation to get used to it. :)
The more difficult part is to hold the block intstead of poking back lol.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Cassie has amazing forward dash I think.

Yes with D3/D4 ground eruption dash might not work but flawless block into F2 is easy for Cassie.
So maybe always flawless blocking is better than thinking about the spacing. :)

Try it it works I labbed all his moves a week ago. Both with Cassie and Scorpion.

Of course I am not pro enough to do it every time but it is just matter of practice. It is not a 10 times/match situation to get used to it. :)
The more difficult part is to hold the block intstead of poking back lol.
I'll try that for offline purposes for sure. For the sake of online though, I'm not going to try to flawless block lol all it takes is one quick lag spike and BOOM you are eating that combo.

Do you have a twitch? I would love to see you play

I'll try that for offline purposes for sure. For the sake of online though, I'm not going to try to flawless block lol all it takes is one quick lag spike and BOOM you are eating that combo.

Do you have a twitch? I would love to see you play
I do not stream myself.
I am just a Kasual player nothing more. :)

I lab and practice a lot (that's why I can be confident on knowledge) but just an average fighter. And I do not play non stop as I can play when my kids went to sleep - and wife goes alone. :)

But I appreciate your interest.

Flawless block is not that hardcore I could flawless block Sang's F212 too in average 100-120 ping but of.course against wifi warrior it might be a problem lol.
I do not drop the flawless block possibility online.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I do not stream myself.
I am just a Kasual player nothing more. :)

I lab and practice a lot (that's why I can be confident on knowledge) but just an average fighter. And I do not play non stop as I can play when my kids went to sleep - and wife goes alone. :)

But I appreciate your interest.

I respect that 100%

I think I am looking for good Kasual partners to have fun I think I will leave KL (I have the Scorpion skin).

Players are a bit better in Grandmaster but the lag is pretty annoying and I can not choose below 150.

Of course if Kasual is not good I may find someone in KL but after 2 matches I never send friend request. :)
It is more difficult to find good people for partners.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
It is good for practice room but probably just a dream in real match. :)
in the description of the video I said everything about this video. Well, you are not right if we do not get it in a real battle, it does not mean that no one does not work. For JAX doing CB in command grab there is also just a frame. Online it just does not need to do and train. I haven't done yet in the video the punishment unbreackable 40% with FB.
WP of this style is in unbreakable combos with the following pressure after that.
1,1,1~d,b+4 => 1,2~FB = 40%
sorry for my English )

in the description of the video I said everything about this video. Well, you are not right if we do not get it in a real battle, it does not mean that no one does not work. For JAX doing CB in command grab there is also just a frame. Online it just does not need to do and train. I haven't done yet in the video the punishment unbreackable 40% with FB.
WP of this style is in unbreakable combos with the following pressure after that.
1,1,1~d,b+4 => 1,2~FB = 40%
sorry for my English )
Of course it is not impossible to do it.
To me it remains a dream as I do not even try to do it in match.
I can barely do it in practice room. Good stuff of course.