What's new

Cheetah/Vixen Match Footage

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Time to get the match footage hype going. I'd love to see everyone get to posting their sets here!

Here's my first serious set with her featuring a Scarecrow player. I play somewhat risky, but I feel like I'm starting to get a handle of this character.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
Here's some ranked games I uploaded yesterday. Need to work on my command grab game, but I'm sticking with this character!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The only person I hear talking about this char is Pig recently on his event stream.. but I think she could be a real contender for those interested in a competitive choice that is not a zoner. I just worryu that a lot of the wins I am getting is just due to not many people player her so the MUs are unknown. I mean how many times can I get away with that pounce in!

The only person I hear talking about this char is Pig recently on his event stream.. but I think she could be a real contender for those interested in a competitive choice that is not a zoner. I just worryu that a lot of the wins I am getting is just due to not many people player her so the MUs are unknown. I mean how many times can I get away with that pounce in!
Very true especially since she has only 2 things to do mid screen as of now for footsies d3 f3. But i believe the mind games are going to come from her staggers when she gets in and pounce cancels along with making the opponent wiff moves or aas by doing short lunges and footsie from there. Also i think with time us cheetah players are going to find those sweet spots and timings to get unpredictable crossover j1 or j3. I can't wait for that lol DON'T YOU WIFF SH$$ ON CHEETAH

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
The overhead grab is really good in footsies too, it has just short of d3 range so once you've got them respecting her godlike sweep you can hit them with the raw grab into 40 percent.

The overhead grab is really good in footsies too, it has just short of d3 range so once you've got them respecting her godlike sweep you can hit them with the raw grab into 40 percent.
I saw someone doing that in a video in Ranked i was like dam that is quick and has range. I need to build muscle memory on the command grab. This is my first grappler ever in a fighting game so the inputs for it (especially from a string) is different and difficult (3 motions and a button). Anyone have any good execution drills?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Here's a long set with @topper2ath:

I managed to verify in the lab that my ps4 dpad is screwed up; the bottom-left corner is wonky and down and back sometimes count as the other. I also get a lot of neutral jumps instead of forward jumps, so I imagine that means the top-right corner is messed up as well. Should have my Hitbox back this week and I can finally stop bitching about my damn controller!

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I saw someone doing that in a video in Ranked i was like dam that is quick and has range. I need to build muscle memory on the command grab. This is my first grappler ever in a fighting game so the inputs for it (especially from a string) is different and difficult (3 motions and a button). Anyone have any good execution drills?

You can buffer your inputs so you can do 11d2bf1 and it will read as 112-dbf1. To get used to it just practice d1-bf1 and you'll see what I mean

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
Heres my day one cheetah got some insane comebacks in the video. im defensibly going to main this character she's fun

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Here's a bit of my set with @SaltShaker's Deadshot from last night. Unfortunately my Elgato cut out not too long into our set. Most of our matches were very close. You can see me still struggling with my shitty controller with all of the full-screen f3's and neutral jumps. Right afterwards I got totally blown up by @Eldriken's Darkseid. I'm so mad those didn't get recorded because I wanted to analyze that footage today. Oh well. Here you go!

I think I might have figured out a good way to blow up Deadshot's wakeup. If I neutral jump, then I should be able to Predator Pounce on reaction if he does Assassin Knee. If he doesn't, then I can do one of her neutral-jump.1 setups.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@ESP-_BLACK I posted this on your Youtube as well, in case any Hitbox users were watching, but you can manually reset your Hitbox between matches. If your firmware is up-to-date, it's the 2nd button from the right on the bottom (r2?) and Option (the middle button on the back). Just press them both at the same time and it will disconnect you, and then you can press the Home button to log back in. Takes about 2 seconds and lasts for 8 minutes, so if you do it between matches it should never be an issue.

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
@ESP-_BLACK I posted this on your Youtube as well, in case any Hitbox users were watching, but you can manually reset your Hitbox between matches. If your firmware is up-to-date, it's the 2nd button from the right on the bottom (r2?) and Option (the middle button on the back). Just press them both at the same time and it will disconnect you, and then you can press the Home button to log back in. Takes about 2 seconds and lasts for 8 minutes, so if you do it between matches it should never be an issue.
I wish that were the case. Recently my hitbox just have been acting up. Its has a shortage I can see some sparks coming out where the wires be at.You can't see it in the video but when it stops working on my screen it says "too many usb connections" I just need fix this one or buy new one all together.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wish that were the case. Recently my hitbox just have been acting up. Its has a shortage I can see some sparks coming out where the wires be at.You can't see it in the video but when it stops working on my screen it says "too many usb connections" I just need fix this one or buy new one all together.
Oh shit, wow. Yeah, firmware ain't doing shit about that...

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Espio Your Vixen is awesome! The only thing I noticed was a lack of Blood Lunge cancels and Short Blood Lunge feints, especially in the Swamp Thing matches. Those BL cancels put the fear into your opponent and low profile. Swamp Thing is so slow, when he sees you go into that animation, he really has no option but to go defensive or use a preemptive Up-Grab, which you can then full-combo punish. Doing repeated Blood Lunge cancels also builds decent meter and makes your Blood Lunges way more unpredictable.

Blood Lunge recovers immediately on whiff, making Short Blood Lunge feints incredibly effective, especially against slow characters like ST.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Blue Beetle

Part 2

@Espio Your Vixen is awesome! The only thing I noticed was a lack of Blood Lunge cancels and Short Blood Lunge feints, especially in the Swamp Thing matches. Those BL cancels put the fear into your opponent and low profile. Swamp Thing is so slow, when he sees you go into that animation, he really has no option but to go defensive or use a preemptive Up-Grab, which you can then full-combo punish. Doing repeated Blood Lunge cancels also builds decent meter and makes your Blood Lunges way more unpredictable.

Blood Lunge recovers immediately on whiff, making Short Blood Lunge feints incredibly effective, especially against slow characters like ST.
Thank you for the kind words and I will make an effort to work on refining my gameplay. She's so outside my normal character archetype but she has an interesting meta.

I like the idea of lunge fake outs. Even if opponents have good anti-air if you're mixing it up properly, you can definitely still lunge in to get your shenanigans started.

Blue Beetle

Part 2

Thank you for the kind words and I will make an effort to work on refining my gameplay. She's so outside my normal character archetype but she has an interesting meta.

I like the idea of lunge fake outs. Even if opponents have good anti-air if you're mixing it up properly, you can definitely still lunge in to get your shenanigans started.
yeah i picked her up she's outside my normal character type as well but i like something about her

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
What do I need to get Vixen and Jay Garrick? I bought the Ultimate Pack and they weren't included.