What's new

Cheetah Long Reaching Normal

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
If Superman has it she should, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
This is not a good argument because you can use it on anybody.
  • Why doesn’t Raiden have an instant overhead? The turtles have it so why shouldn’t he?
  • Why doesn’t Aquaman have a leap like Cheetah? His forward walk speed and forward dash aren’t very good so why shouldn’t he get the leap to get in more easily?
It’s because they’re very different characters. Cheetah may not have along reaching normals besides D3 and F3 (both of which are pretty good by themseves), but she does have an instant mixup with her command grabs, several tick throws and one of the best backdashes and forward dashes in the game. Superman has F23 for great range, but he doesn’t have the plus frames nor the mixus that Cheetah has.

It’s a matter of balancing out what tools characters have. Cheetah struggling somewhat in the footsie department (besides D3 and F3) doesn’t invalidate her amazing damage and mixup potential. Therefore, she doesn’t really need the extra range.

trufenix

bye felicia
It’s a matter of balancing out what tools characters have. Cheetah struggling somewhat in the footsie department (besides D3 and F3) doesn’t invalidate her amazing damage and mixup potential. Therefore, she doesn’t really need the extra range.
well yeah but. . . "she needs it".

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Well I'll give you an answer to your question as a Cheetah player because this will probably mean more coming from someone who has been through the struggle with her. I'll do this without upplaying her because while she is a solid character, nobody needs all that extra stuff.

1. She is very hard to zone due to her low profiling lunge and its ability to get her in from full screen into launching pressure.

2. Leap jump 3 and jump 1 etc are all safe on block so she basically has a full screen safe on block combo starter and if she does them correctly she can essentially get a blockstring if you do a mid/low hitting button so that's a mix up in and of itself since she can tick off of Back 1 and standing 2, two fast attacks that hit crouching opponents.

When you think about those two factors, she doesn't need a strong advancing button on the ground because she has them in the AIR instead.

Although I don't like people using down 3 as an argument because it is actually punishable on block by many on the cast. so it's not like Superman's Forward 2 or Blue Beetle's shield bash. There's not the safety or damage tied to it so there's no need to treat them as the same.

Her down 3 is legit, but it's not on the same level.

There are no excuses, it's just balance though. She's a unique character with unique problems. You either gotta be okay with that or you gotta use someone else. Your move.

Wigy

There it is...
Give her a nice long range mid and get rid of her 74 way mix every time she touches you and her plus 50 gagillion f3 that breaks armour.

While we’re moaning about tools we dont have can flash pls have blue beetles projectile

:DOGE

Well I'll give you an answer to your question as a Cheetah player because this will probably mean more coming from someone who has been through the struggle with her. I'll do this without upplaying her because while she is a solid character, nobody needs all that extra stuff.

1. She is very hard to zone due to her low profiling lunge and its ability to get her in from full screen into launching pressure.

2. Leap jump 3 and jump 1 etc are all safe on block so she basically has a full screen safe on block combo starter and if she does them correctly she can essentially get a blockstring if you do a mid/low hitting button so that's a mix up in and of itself since she can tick off of Back 1 and standing 2, two fast attacks that hit crouching opponents.

When you think about those two factors, she doesn't need a strong advancing button on the ground because she has them in the AIR instead.

Although I don't like people using down 3 as an argument because it is actually punishable on block by many on the cast. so it's not like Superman's Forward 2 or Blue Beetle's shield bash. There's not the safety or damage tied to it so there's no need to treat them as the same.

Her down 3 is legit, but it's not on the same level.

There are no excuses, it's just balance though. She's a unique character with unique problems. You either gotta be okay with that or you gotta use someone else. Your move.
I know she's fine, just pointing out the dumb argument that she has the fastest normals cause that isn't true at all

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I know she's fine, just pointing out the dumb argument that she has the fastest normals cause that isn't true at all

I thought the thread was about you wanting longer ranged normals for Cheetah. So that “Is it cause she's fast? I'm interested what the excuses are now” was actually to make the subject ‘Fast normals being an argument against longer ranged normals is dumb’?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

Well you're not going to get rational answers from people that aren't making rational arguments in regards to Cheetah or any other character people don't like so that's your first mistake.

If she's fine though, why does this even matter? For example, if I think Beetle is fine and well balanced I wouldn't be concerned about him getting a faster forward 2 or what have you or concerned about people not being for it. So I'm just trying to assess your temperature/what is gained is all.

Well you're not going to get rational answers from people that aren't making rational arguments in regards to Cheetah or any other character people don't like so that's your first mistake.

If she's fine though, why does this even matter? For example, if I think Beetle is fine and well balanced I wouldn't be concerned about him getting a faster forward 2 or what have you or concerned about people not being for it. So I'm just trying to assess your temperature/what is gained is all.
I don't even know what I was trying to do when I posted this, just don't like people saying she can't have a long reaching string cause she has fast start ups, when supes has a faster mid than her S2 and it's also a footsie. Sorry for wasting everyone's time

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
It's like how all the casuls wanted Flash to have a 5 frame move because he's Flash and a speedy boi.

This thread is like nothing compared to that.

All she needs is a neutral pounce stance cancel like Flash so she can have legit pressure or mix potential (however you see it) not dash or jump, that would make her a good rushdown/pressure character. All we'd have to do at that point is flush out her frame advantage/disadvantage from the cancel into her strings. Dont want her having uber plus frames from the cancel that jail into highs or nothing.

because her pounce already doesn’t do enough? she already has plus frames ntw
What are these plus frames ppl talk about? 332 = +1, 11= +2 all you can do is get a d1/d3. Oooooh now thats what I call pressure :confused:!

Shes safe but has no way to enforce these plus frames u talk of to be threatening. While u have flash that can (i believe) b22 x RMS and be +4 with freakin 50/50s. Or batman with trait cancels (not sure how plus he is)

What are these plus frames ppl talk about? 332 = +1, 11= +2 all you can do is get a d1/d3. Oooooh now thats what I call pressure :confused:!
Do you know that Cheetah's 50/50s is much safer than Flash's 50/50s? Flash simply does more damage
And you dont know what to do after your plus frame, you are playing Cheetah very very wrong

Do you know that Cheetah's 50/50s is much safer than Flash's 50/50s? Flash simply does more damage
And you dont know what to do after your plus frame, you are playing Cheetah very very wrong
Id like to say I play cheetah at a high level and have mastered pretty much all of her tech and oki. If you have any tips on these plus frames you talk of id love to hear it. Since +2 and +1 strings dont mean almost anything in a game where highs dont actually get blocked they just whiff and allow pokes in this mash heavy game. Her d1, s2, and b1, though great for her 50/50 tic throws or mb lunge, her b1 is slow and has terrible range. And banking on her 50/50 tic throws are a complete bill at a high level since ppl know how to punish them on whiff nowadays.

All im suggesting is that if she had a neutral pounce cancel shed actually have a better neutral or a more rewarding and fun way to play her rather than doing easily AA jumpins or fake dash cancel pressure.

Also Flash can cancel his 50/50s into a charged non MB Lightning kick and be completely safe. Trying to counterpoke is a mind game in itself if they dont end up charging it all the way. Now of course u can dash under his pound and punish but thats very dependent on if they end up doing the far/close pound AND if your in the corner. And Ill say agai. He is +4 on a RMS cancel that he can jail u into his double hitting low or go into his OH starting string, where the possible ways of getting out and not getting hit are a mind game and not the easiest to do/read