What's new

Cheetah Long Reaching Normal

Id like to say I play cheetah at a high level and have mastered pretty much all of her tech and oki. If you have any tips on these plus frames you talk of id love to hear it. Since +2 and +1 strings dont mean almost anything in a game where highs dont actually get blocked they just whiff and allow pokes in this mash heavy game. Her d1, s2, and b1, though great for her 50/50 tic throws or mb lunge, her b1 is slow and has terrible range. And banking on her 50/50 tic throws are a complete bill at a high level since ppl know how to punish them on whiff nowadays.

All im suggesting is that if she had a neutral pounce cancel shed actually have a better neutral or a more rewarding and fun way to play her rather than doing easily AA jumpins or fake dash cancel pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
Have you ever heard about "conditioning"? +2 and +1 string can turn into raw command grab mixups after you scare them with enough d1/d3s
Yea a high level player is suggesting Cheetah needs a neutral pounce cancel, comparing Flash and Cheetah like Flash RMS can lead to a fullscreen combo on hit.

Have you ever heard about "conditioning"? +2 and +1 string can turn into raw command grab mixups after you scare them with enough d1/d3s
Yea a high level player is suggesting Cheetah needs a neutral pounce cancel, comparing Flash and Cheetah like Flash RMS can lead to a fullscreen combo on hit.
U obviously dont get it lol. Of course you can condition.... in set play and thats to an extent. if ur trying to base ur game on her 50/50 command grabs your taking a risk regardless of the "conditioning" your doing its all a guess that can lead to a punish.

Flash RMS has options off of it that can lead to full combos :confused: which doesn't include the strings he can use as the 1st layer of his 50/50 game. By no way am i saying Flash is broken but i just dont see why Cheetah cant have atleast that 1 similar tool. If u dont agree cool.

U obviously dont get it lol. Of course you can condition.... in set play and thats to an extent. if ur trying to base ur game on her 50/50 command grabs your taking a risk regardless of the "conditioning" your doing its all a guess that can lead to a punish.

Flash RMS has options off of it that can lead to full combos :confused: which doesn't include the strings he can use as the 1st layer of his 50/50 game. By no way am i saying Flash is broken but i just dont see why Cheetah cant have atleast that 1 similar tool. If u dont agree cool.

With all respect I don't see how any of your reasons can back up your suggestion of "giving Cheetah a neutral pounce cancel", when you keep comparing too different characters.
By the way, you should be aware that Cheetah's pounce gimmicks become way more powerful on tall characters, buffing Cheetah too much can create many 8-2 matchups in this game

With all respect I don't see how any of your reasons can back up your suggestion of "giving Cheetah a neutral pounce cancel", when you keep comparing too different characters.
By the way, you should be aware that Cheetah's pounce gimmicks become way more powerful on tall characters, buffing Cheetah too much can create many 8-2 matchups in this game
Nonzoning and rushdown right? Yeah cheetah has an easier way to get in with pounce on zoners but once she gets in she has to make it count at that point, retreat, or attempt a gimmicy highly punishable read. A neutral pounce cancel will keep her in their face and force the opponent to do more than guess a 50/50 command grab. She would still lack far reaching normals, but it would be something to help her in the neutral when she gets in. It would actually probably make her b2 1+3 more useful, as u dont see many cheetah players use it much

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I play Doctor Fate and I still think a well tuned Cheetah is fucking terrifying.

Have you fought a good Cheetah?
You want her to have more?
Why?
Do you want to be God?
Do you want omnipresent possession of the entire IJ2 meta?
Is the Great Spirit secretly a cat?

Nah, B.

I play Doctor Fate and I still think a well tuned Cheetah is fucking terrifying.

Have you fought a good Cheetah?
You want her to have more?
Why?
Do you want to be God?
Do you want omnipresent possession of the entire IJ2 meta?
Is the Great Spirit secretly a cat?

Nah, B.
Lol a good Dr Fate can be a nightmare for a good Cheetah player too. B2 F2 my heart beat raises everytime i come across an amazing fate player.

Hey guys its just an idea. Cheetah God-Lord Revetleafing agreed with me in another post lol. Being a loyalist to her n Cyborg, the concept sounds good n viable to me :)

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Not saying I agree with the buffs presented but I'd fight Cheetah over Flash any day of any week as any character.

The game's already at a great state of balance, I'd prefer not to be giving characters crazy new tools at this point in the game's life, just like, tiny buffs for some of the lesser characters and maybe tiny nerfs for some of the top tier characters.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
what? you think plus frames that frame trap into d1s are inadequate? that’s essentially the majority of plus frames in this game.
also stop comparing cheetah to the flash. the flash is cancer incarnate and desperately needs to be nerfed, the last thing we need is people taking him seriously as a template for how good rusbdown characters in this game should be.
Cheetah has some the worst plus frames in the game. Besides characters just walking out of range or being pushed back out of reach during blockstun her d1 is 7 frames so plus 1 will trade with 6 framers. Her D1 special only nets strong damage with trait up and is very hard to hit confirm; which results in a full combo punish if blocked.

D1 into any command grab isn't real and full combo punish on whiff or wrong guess, so she essentially gets a d1 check or a full combo punishable d3 on block.

One of her best options is to do D1 and when it hits confirm into a Db1 as most people try to block low or counter-poke low and you can catch them. Still a read though and you need to catch them not blocking or mashing in the first place, where a lot of characters would already have netted a full conversion without the extra guess on top.

Add to this that her Bread and Butter CMD grab combo is full combo punishable to air tech this really reduces her damage outside of trait.

This molds her into a hit and run type of characters that plays around her trait up time and use of one of her strong tools the MB pounce.

You don't get much reward from playing with her plus frames, so a different play-style is needed and it can be hard to execute this play-style in some match-ups. The most likely reason why she is hardly seen in tournament play.

Cheetah has some the worst plus frames in the game. Besides characters just walking out of range or being pushed back out of reach during blockstun her d1 is 7 frames so plus 1 will trade with 6 framers. Her D1 special only nets strong damage with trait up and is very hard to hit confirm; which results in a full combo punish if blocked.

D1 into any command grab isn't real and full combo punish on whiff or wrong guess, so she essentially gets a d1 check or a full combo punishable d3 on block.

One of her best options is to do D1 and when it hits confirm into a Db1 as most people try to block low or counter-poke low and you can catch them. Still a read though and you need to catch them not blocking or mashing in the first place, where a lot of characters would already have netted a full conversion without the extra guess on top.

Add to this that her Bread and Butter CMD grab combo is full combo punishable to air tech this really reduces her damage outside of trait.

This molds her into a hit and run type of characters that plays around her trait up time and use of one of her strong tools the MB pounce.

You don't get much reward from playing with her plus frames, so a different play-style is needed and it can be hard to execute this play-style in some match-ups. The most likely reason why she is hardly seen in tournament play.
Thank you ponkster. That is my reason for saying she would be a true threat with a neutral pounce cancel. It keeps her in the face of the opponent and may even make her tic throws more viable but still risky as they are 50/50s. She could possibly even condition easier. If it was like (NPC=Neutral Pounce Cancel):

11/112/322/22xxNPC could have enough advantage for her to go into her d1, d3, s2, b2. (Maybe the only thing jailing is a d1?) Pretty much some decent ranged buttons. Things like s3 or b1 would have a large Enough gap to backdash avoid and punish or mb b3/f3.

These are of course just ideas and the frames would have to be calculated and flushed out to something fair

Let's discuss lol

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
Lots of people are finding ways to punish her pounce and the gimmicks, the ones complaining that she doesn't need any buffs don't know the matchup. She cannot presure add this moment, just a couple of hits then dash back then cash in some damage. A neutral pounce cancel should help a lot. Try to fight a good Blackmanta that can rape you in the corner with his corner pressure, there are lots of characters in this game that can apply pressure why not her. Maybe lots of people would murder me with this hahahaha, but make her (air) Primal rage safer. Make it like Brainiac slightly safe and fast.
Thats a great tool to go in and start your mind games, make it still punishable but recover faster, for a cat like character she's slow and punishable on a lot of her moves and don't even mention the recovery on her back 3, air escape the back 3 then rape her again for having a slow recovery.

How I play her, I use a lot of mindgames and setups.... it works but its kinda useless, on the master players in this game that know how to play the matchup.

Thank god she is not over used, so we still can have a chance of winning LOL. But don't mind me I still love the character despite her flaws.

Lots of people are finding ways to punish her pounce and the gimmicks, the ones complaining that she doesn't need any buffs don't know the matchup. She cannot presure add this moment, just a couple of hits then dash back then cash in some damage. A neutral pounce cancel should help a lot. Try to fight a good Blackmanta that can rape you in the corner with his corner pressure, there are lots of characters in this game that can apply pressure why not her. Maybe lots of people would murder me with this hahahaha, but make her (air) Primal rage safer. Make it like Brainiac slightly safe and fast.
Thats a great tool to go in and start your mind games, make it still punishable but recover faster, for a cat like character she's slow and punishable on a lot of her moves and don't even mention the recovery on her back 3, air escape the back 3 then rape her again for having a slow recovery.

How I play her, I use a lot of mindgames and setups.... it works but its kinda useless, on the master players in this game that know how to play the matchup.

Thank god she is not over used, so we still can have a chance of winning LOL. But don't mind me I still love the character despite her flaws.
Agreed. Like she has no plus on block specials that can make real pressure in the corner she has her 30frame f3 which jails into all of her strings except s3 i believe. And then on block after whichever string the best thing to do to not be punished is cancel into pounce and dash back or leap over and pray