What's new

Cheetah bf3 cancel setups & Compilation

This looks interesting are you at an advantage after the bf3 dash cancel? Or is this just catching people off guard? I always assumed that your opponent can just mash out of this.

This looks interesting are you at an advantage after the bf3 dash cancel? Or is this just catching people off guard? I always assumed that your opponent can just mash out of this.
I'd assume only certain strings on block. See the 1:43 mark where the Deadshot player blocks what looks like the end of 112 string cancel and interrupts with a D1.

I don't have a means of testing strings into a lunge cancel to see if they're plus, neutral, or negative but this could prove vital as her game play evolves over time.

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I'd assume only certain strings on block. See the 1:43 mark where the Deadshot player blocks what looks like the end of 112 string cancel and interrupts with a D1.

I don't have a means of testing strings into a lunge cancel to see if they're plus, neutral, or negative but this could prove vital as her game play evolves over time.
Everything is negative on hit or block when cancelled with lunge.

Its just not good at high level.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
yeah, its not real. If they don't D1 check the dash up cancel after bf3 it's their fault. SO ABUSE IT! muahaha

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
i dont think the strings are real but the mixups are if they dont get a d1 its your turn you can cancel the lunge backwards and bait you can cancel lunge into unblockable command grab she has a low restand that interrupts fuzzy timing + mb f3 destroying nearly every wake up in the game + unblockable command grab if you duck when you switch the cancel timings up it's hard for the person to know exactly whats next.
lol this "wont work at a high level" nice invalidation.
Nothing was remotely funny.

I use this kind of thing sparingly because with conditioning you can get away with it, but in general this will just get you blown up so I wouldn't build a gameplan around it at all.

This was explored day 1, I'm telling you this won't work at a high level because it doesn't, we tried.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
i dont think the strings are real but the mixups are if they dont get a d1 its your turn you can cancel the lunge backwards and bait you can cancel lunge into unblockable command grab she has a low restand that interrupts fuzzy timing + mb f3 destroying nearly every wake up in the game + unblockable command grab if you duck when you switch the cancel timings up it's hard for the person to know exactly whats next.
lol this "wont work at a high level" nice invalidation.
But there is literally no reason to not hit you out of this stuff. Everything is negative even on hit.

You just did it on people who didn't know about this lol

*video of cheetah gimmicks that dont work (edited)
i thought this stuff worked but thanks to the great forums of tym
i've found out that nothing in the video will work if executed on top
players in sets after many games of them preparing for this. you can still poke out on the right frame and get away safely every single time. now that i know my tech videos will no longer be considered for the reasons above i don't think i have anything else to post ... see ya

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
bet i love that when i post vids no one comments on them unless they can say something negative
i post vids of me doing this to theo ... tweedy pl and silence. i watch revet od alcatraz do similar things in tourney and no one says anything to them but me .... that shit doesnt work lmao okay bet
Dude, it's a gimmick. And that's not the worst thing in the world. I use this stuff too. But you can't argue with facts. If it works once per match and gives your opponent something to think about then great. It's not something you're going to get away with all the time and certainly not at a high level. So just take it for what it is. Don't take everything personal either. If this was rock solid tech with no holes we would be more excited about it.

We tell you they can d1 every time but that doesn't mean they will. But don't act like you have batman plus frames with this setup. It's super easy to escape.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
bet i love that when i post vids no one comments on them unless they can say something negative
i post vids of me doing this to theo ... tweedy pl and silence. i watch revet od alcatraz do similar things in tourney and no one says anything to them but me .... that shit doesnt work lmao okay bet
There is nothing wrong with what you posted other than how you are trying to frame it.

Its a one-off tactic that can catch people off guard at any given moment, pretty much the definition of a gimmick; this means you can't formulate a solid game plan from it.

Its brilliant in ranked, go nuts but in long sets or against a well versed opponent you will get blown up and in some cases full combo punished.

Nonetheless I enjoy your little gameplay videos keep em coming, its fun watching people get wrecked by Cheetah.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
This is viable when used sparingly.

If it's not rock solid 100% jailing +100 on block 50/50 tech then "it's fake"

People fail to realize it's more a reactionary thing than an actual frame trap and it's something you'll have to be ready for regardless. All sled here is showing is the possibility of adding this piece of tech to your palette, thus increasing your options.

There is nothing wrong with what you posted other than how you are trying to frame it.

Its a one-off tactic that can catch people off guard at any given moment, pretty much the definition of a gimmick; this means you can't formulate a solid game plan from it.

Its brilliant in ranked, go nuts but in long sets or against a well versed opponent you will get blown up and in some cases full combo punished.

Nonetheless I enjoy your little gameplay videos keep em coming, its fun watching people get wrecked by Cheetah.
just like her lunge in the air she can be knocked out of it by the entire cast she can be punished on block out of lunge attacks for a full combo she can be out zoned by so many during lunge leap but its still part of her game no ones screaming gimmick when she lands it. top players d2 the hell out of her for doing it but if i was to go to any cheetah vids in this forum what would i see ?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
exactly and of course tym is ripping me to shreds meanwhile im the coolest guy in the world. out all of my social media accounts tym is by far the least supportive of anything
I don't get what you want.

You want us all to say "yeah this is hot stuff, nobody gonna be able to deal with it" or say the truth "you need to be careful when doing this sort of stuff because it isn't really legit even on hit, on any string".

Nobody is hating the tech or the videos, but you have to real about these things otherwise it encourages bad habits.

Just being a TYM hater though.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
just like her lunge in the air she can be knocked out of it by the entire cast she can be punished on block out of lunge attacks for a full combo she can be out zoned by so many during lunge leap but its still part of her game no ones screaming gimmick when she lands it. top players d2 the hell out of her for doing it but if i was to go to any cheetah vids in this forum what would i see ?
Welcome to playing Cheetah.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I don't get what your motivation for posting these is at all. I actually quite like your videos but if what you're doing in them isn't up for debate then why even post?

Any criticism you feel could have definitely been avoided with a brief description of what you were doing, that it's not safe but can be used as an extra layer to her gameplay ect

A couple of things I noticed. You throw your opponent out of the corner by ending with bd1 where dbf1 would be preferable, you commit to the pseudo reset even if just finishing the string into db2 would clear the health bar (first bar too so couldn't be to avoid clash)

If you're going to do this you might as well just go all in and dash up into command grab or tick throw so you get some reward for your risk

I don't get what your motivation for posting these is at all. I actually quite like your videos but if what you're doing in them isn't up for debate then why even post?

Any criticism you feel could have definitely been avoided with a brief description of what you were doing, that it's not safe but can be used as an extra layer to her gameplay ect

A couple of things I noticed. You throw your opponent out of the corner by ending with bd1 where dbf1 would be preferable, you commit to the pseudo reset even if just finishing the string into db2 would clear the health bar (first bar too so couldn't be to avoid clash)

If you're going to do this you might as well just go all in and dash up into command grab or tick throw so you get some reward for your risk
i def don't mind criticism
fitna smoke this kush and get to my day
back to twitter i go twitter.com/imsledgren

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
espio & riptorn have never liked on of my vids
torn said i was doing f3 too much
said i shouldnt tea bag ( they didnt know the teabag was setup)
also said i shouldnt try to cancel with her because its a gimmick
Why am I seeing my name brought up? I'm not even doing anything. I haven't given criticism or praise in the thread. The Cheetah community is so extra and dramatic lol.

You don't gotta even say or actually do ANYTHING. I don't post in this forum because of how people act. This is a prime example.

Justfitz

Noob
Well, as a more casual player I actually appreciate the gimmicks. Definitely not a game changer for cheetah, but I might bust it out when I think my opponent is scared to counter poke me. I'll take it.