What's new

Cheetah Appreciation Thread

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
You need to understand that characters he asked about since the announcement of this game aren't being considered for the base game. The roster for this game was likely decided in the middle of last year.
Undoubtedly it was.

But Damien is in the game, and was asked about on Twitter. Just because he asked about them on twitter doesn't mean those characters weren't already decided on. (Obviously they were and the polls are illusions of choice - it's called marketing)

RexxyC

what's done is done
Undoubtedly it was.

But Damien is in the game, and was asked about on Twitter. Just because he asked about them on twitter doesn't mean those characters weren't already decided on. (Obviously they were and the polls are illusions of choice - it's called marketing)
It must be hard to be this far into denial. We are talking about the Watchmen here. These characters are not going to be in the base roster, they already had to cut fan favorites for more obscure characters. If you cannot accept that, it's on you. Bye.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
It must be hard to be this far into denial. We are talking about the Watchmen here. These characters are not going to be in the base roster, they already had to cut fan favorites for more obscure characters. If you cannot accept that, it's on you. Bye.
Denial of what? Are you just having a conversation with yourself in your head? The only thing I'm taking issue with is you acting like a dink to that RyRy guy, like you have insider knowledge, when you can't back up anything you say. Claiming to be 100% positive about things you know nothing about is Trump's thing. If anything I was in denial thinking you can be better than that... but alas

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
oh fucking please. you have taken every opportunity to beg for the watchmen to be in this game. you have been following its development fairly actively. they aren't in the game. sorry about it.
Yeah, I only want the game IF A WATCHMEN character is in.

If they aren't then i'm not getting it. I wouldn't be disappointed, I am not really following this game. I check TYM a few times a day and that is how I get my Injustice 2 news.

RexxyC

what's done is done
If watching trailers is following development then yes.

Don't have a beta code.
Haven't pre-ordered the game.
I don't even have a beta code. These aren't the criteria for following a games development. You're watching the trailers, you're seeing the news on an NRS specialty site, you're following development.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I don't even have a beta code. These aren't the criteria for following a games development. You're watching the trailers, you're seeing the news on an NRS specialty site, you're following development.

If it makes you sleep better at night.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I kinda hope her trait has a dash or run on all fours feature that ducks under projectiles.
Maybe if mb it has invincibility armor like jades in mk9 Quan Chi's spell armor even if it would cost 2 bars.

I can even dig a cool trait that looks like wolverines berserker barrage or his infinity super.

Maybe a special claw attack that does bleeding damage overtime like atrocitus mb vomit.

Who knows. The character is new and I'm hyped for it.

And ready for disappointment at the same time.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I kinda hope her trait has a dash or run on all fours feature that ducks under projectiles.
Maybe if mb it has invincibility armor like jades in mk9 Quan Chi's spell armor even if it would cost 2 bars.

I can even dig a cool trait that looks like wolverines berserker barrage or his infinity super.

Maybe a special claw attack that does bleeding damage overtime like atrocitus mb vomit.

Who knows. The character is new and I'm hyped for it.

And ready for disappointment at the same time.
It's more on the simple side but I kinda like the idea of her trait adding bleeding effects to her claw attacks. The effects could stack and such.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Ah, the generic power treatment of enhanced strength, speed, stamina and agility. Why does almost everyone have a "genius level intelligence"?

And of course her teeth can wound Superman. Gotta justify that trait I guess.
Because many, many superheroes and supervillains have some kind of scientist or academic background to explain how they wound up as the subject of some experiment or some ancient relic or whatever.

Cheetah's teeth can wound Superman because she is magical. Superman has no defense against magic, it's one of his few weaknesses.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Anyone else reading the Wonder Woman Rebirth comic? I love the direction they are going with Cheetah/ Barbara Ann Minerva. Before becoming the Cheetah she was basically DC's Lara Croft. Would be awesome if she gets gear that is her archeologist outfit (tattered and torn of course).

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Anyone else reading the Wonder Woman Rebirth comic? I love the direction they are going with Cheetah/ Barbara Ann Minerva. Before becoming the Cheetah she was basically DC's Lara Croft. Would be awesome if she gets gear that is her archeologist outfit (tattered and torn of course).
Correct me if im wrong but in that series, aren't they frenemies and Diana is helping her w/ her blood lust or is this something else that i am thinking of?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
That's correct, yes. She's also in a lesbian relationship (or was, previously) with Diana's friend Etta Candy.

It's a really fun book and Cheetah is getting more character development than ever before.
Etta is Black in this version, also Steve is in Africa? correct? if so, i read one issue and it was really, really good.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Correct me if im wrong but in that series, aren't they frenemies and Diana is helping her w/ her blood lust or is this something else that i am thinking of?
Yea. They were friends before Barbara became the Cheetah. Barbara blames Wonder Woman for her becoming the Cheetah but it hasn't given the exact details of how it happened yet. WoWo seeks Cheetah's help in finding Themiscyra again (Because Barbara is the only person who ever discovered it's location) in exchange for helping her cure the "curse".