What's new

Cheetah Appreciation Thread

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
It was hunter zolomon Zoom who doesn't use speed force. Cheetah asked him to lend her some speed but he told cheetah his powers work differently than Wally's. He also told her that her problem is psychological like Flash's and she needs to believe in her self to get better.
It's been a while since I last read that issue. Thanks for the correction.

I think Cheetah is awesome! I'm hoping Circe joins the roster too. NRS should show the Wonderverse villains some love!

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Cheetah's model is looking more polished but i think she should have sharp teeth.
I agree I would like sharp teeth as well, maybe even incorporate some vicious biting moves into her move set. I'm really happy that they gave her actual cheetah spots and not Leopard spots. That was always a pet peeve of mine in the comics.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Not really a disappointment if I didn't want the game to begin with.
oh fucking please. you have taken every opportunity to beg for the watchmen to be in this game. you have been following its development fairly actively. they aren't in the game. sorry about it.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
oh fucking please. you have taken every opportunity to beg for the watchmen to be in this game. you have been following its development fairly actively. they aren't in the game. sorry about it.
Please tell us who the DLC characters are, all-knowing one! Bestow upon us your grand knowledge.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Just a thought, what if she plays at all like Ravenous Mileena? The best Mileena! Pounces and rolling your spine into a little ball, both sound like a cat based super villain to me.

I'm into that
If she plays anything like Mileena then I won't be able to contain my excitement!! I hope she is a mix of Mileena and Wolverine with X-23 speed. That would be awesome!

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I like her. She's new. Different and outside the box. Ivy & her should be a very welcomed addition to the cast because we don't know shit about them and day one they could be hella good and go under the radar.
Much like MK9 Sonya, Cyrax and smoke or mkx Takeda, Cassie and Kano.

So let the haters hate. I'm all for one for different kinds of characters in the game besides the mainstream.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I didn't say they wouldn't be dlc, but they are clearly not in the base game.
I'm not sure we can make that statement, either. Every brand new character from the leak list has been revealed except for Fate, Firestorm and Captain Cold (and maybe Freeze if he's not a skin). And two of those characters were confirmed when the game was first announced anyway.

And there's still a quarter of a year left until the game releases. I have to imagine they have a few more characters that weren't launching with the mobile game up their sleeves.

RexxyC

what's done is done
I'm not sure we can make that statement, either. Every brand new character from the leak list has been revealed except for Fate, Firestorm and Captain Cold (and maybe Freeze if he's not a skin). And two of those characters were confirmed when the game was first announced anyway.

And there's still a quarter of a year left until the game releases. I have to imagine they have a few more characters that weren't launching with the mobile game up their sleeves.
You can feel free to call me out if one of them get in, but it's not gonna happen on the base roster. Sorry.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
You can feel free to call me out if one of them get in, but it's not gonna happen on the base roster. Sorry.
What are you sorry for? I don't like watchmen. But why are you so certain? If it's because they're not on the leak list I will be calling you out if any character not on the leak list makes the base roster ;)

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Getting back on topic....What are you guys ideas/hopes for her trait? I think it should be a run mechanic where she runs on all fours like in her intro. During the run she can cancel into 2 or 3 special moves ( maybe a pounce takedown, a pop-up, and one where she slides underneath the oppenent cutting their legs) similar to Sabrewulf from KI. Plus we gotta have at least one move from Justice League Task Force for nostalgia sake :-p

RexxyC

what's done is done
What are you sorry for? I don't like watchmen. But why are you so certain? If it's because they're not on the leak list I will be calling you out if any character not on the leak list makes the base roster ;)
I don't want your name in my notifications, this wasn't a conversation about anyone but the watchmen.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
I don't want your name in my notifications, this wasn't a conversation about anyone but the watchmen.

And why are you avoiding saying why you're 100% certain they won't be there? Boon even asked about them specifically, seeing if people wanted them. And they're DC. And they're now cannon in the DC universe as a whole. Manhattan even rebooted the DC universe.

RexxyC

what's done is done
And why are you avoiding saying why you're 100% certain they won't be there? Boon even asked about them specifically, seeing if people wanted them. And they're DC. And they're now cannon in the DC universe as a whole. Manhattan even rebooted the DC universe.
You need to understand that characters he asked about since the announcement of this game aren't being considered for the base game. The roster for this game was likely decided in the middle of last year.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Those are some amazing pictures of Cheetah!! I think NRS nailed her look!

Also Cheetah was just added to the main roster page. Wonder Woman better watch out because she craves that "Amazon blood" lol

KCJ506

Noob
Some people on other boards are complaining about having both Catwoman and Cheetah and saying that one should have been just an alt of the other. Aside from them both being "cat themed" these two characters aren't similar. Not even their fighting styles. Cheetah doesn't even use a whip.

Ah, the generic power treatment of enhanced strength, speed, stamina and agility. Why does almost everyone have a "genius level intelligence"?

And of course her teeth can wound Superman. Gotta justify that trait I guess.