What's new

Cheaters on PC. Any solution?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@MKF30 In Mortal Kombat XL, a few characters default skins were "what-if" skins, specifically what would they have looked like had they not died in the previous game. This was the case for Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Kitana. I can't recall who else or if that was it.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao were old men with grey hair, so probably in their early 60's (which made sense given the game was about 25 years later). Kitana, being Edenian, still looked young, but more distinguished.

And yeah, at the end of the day, it's great that people can play the games they like on the platform they choose.

Yup, only Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Ermac had those skins.
Oh yeah ok, I remember now. I had forgotten a few were "online exclusives" with their krypt and buying DLC skin options if you wanted to just get everything without the grind in the krypt, etc. Yeah, I remember the old man LK and KL lol. KL had a ponytail if I remember correctly and so did Liu Kang. yeah Kitana always looks young being Edenian.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I think I saw that user name just an hour ago. One of us declined the fight though.

I mostly just play people I know or in casual modes which side steps most of that stuff. I don't remember ever actually ending up in a fake fight up till now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So um...this guy who was called "scorpion" is back at it again. His name is now a YouTube link which when you search leads you to this:

He shows some kind of a program that he uses to make sessions DC. This is the link to the guys profile as well : https://steamcommunity.com/id/123456789987654321001/

And to prove this is him:
Wow, that's crazy. Definitely seems easier to cheat on PC. lol I feel for the legit PC guys.

Wow, that's crazy. Definitely seems easier to cheat on PC. lol I feel for the legit PC guys.
Cheating on PC traditionally is easier in most games, not just Mortal Kombat, sadly. Having access to all the game's files for the most part makes it so.

That's actually part of the reason, I suspect, why the PC version typically gets a major patch a week after console. As you know, a week before a DLC character launches, a major patch comes out on console with balance changes and the character, but the character is locked and hidden. On a PC, if they did that, people would be able to unlock him right away and play early. They obviously don't want that.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
So this happened today. This guy for some reason has a "grudge" on me. I added him after to try to "reason", only to be told that he wasnt lagswitching and it was just a bad ping. Judge for yourselves and please help me report him.

Agreed. Makes no sense how it was smooth and fine during his strings, but lagged like crazy every time you were up.

Pathetic scrubs in public matches.
a dude in my discord pc group one dude did it to me all the time on purpose. but it doesnt really affect me cause i play jax lol. besides the quad grab timing it doesnt change shit. but when i play fujin i cant do anything.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So this happened today. This guy for some reason has a "grudge" on me. I added him after to try to "reason", only to be told that he wasnt lagswitching and it was just a bad ping. Judge for yourselves and please help me report him.

That's so flagrant it's insane. As much as Bogard drove me insane, at least he had the "courtesy" to leave it on the entire time aside from between rounds and during FBs. This fucker has that shit on speed dial to turn it on and off as he feels during strings.

btw some of them like Bogard are the same people that was cheating in mkx and inj2 on pc. they are here to stay if NRS doesnt do anything to detect those kinds of cheats and ban them. Just like leaderboard cheaters

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Ah, "The Stomper"

I've run into them a few times over the last couple of weeks. I think I played them 3 times before having a bad connection. Only the last time was it like that, but it didn't seem to be near as one sided. Was probably happy enough to try and do Sheeva stomps over and over initially. That looked very specific for you though.

The ping got high and poor enough last time that I just stopped accepting matches (I just don't go into KL on pc). It's gotten pretty hard to find people left on PC that are worth playing and don't have something weird going on that makes fighting them a waste of time.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
NRS doesn't give a fuck about the PC version, you can do whatever you want lol the game doesn't have anti-cheat and honestly thats OK because NONE OF THIS MATTERS! You could be playing each other and instead you wanna play some laggy ass sub-zero??? WHO CARES! NEXT! Giving the hackers the spotlight only makes it worse. Do yourself a favor and stop highlighting this, you will only make it worse.

I'm actually removing that steamlink because I do not want that shit to spread.