What's new

Chasing The Cup: Review, Opinions, Words, Things.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Recently CW Seed released a series of videos created by Machinima. I feel like this show is not getting enough attention. It follows the events following up the ESL Finals. It features well known players such as @HoneyBee @cR Biohazard @Pig Of The Hut @Perfect Legend @SonicFox5000. To start off this show is really good. It gives you insight to the players lives outside the game. You learn a bit about their personal lives including dating, Relationships with their families and with each other. You get to see the passion and dedication each of these players have for Mortal Kombat X and the things they are willing to do to get into the ESL Finals. The show has its funny moments and a few cringe moments along with a touch of salt. For those of you who want to see actual game play this only shoes a tad bit as the focus is more on the players trying to win get into the ESL Finals.

chasing.jpeg

Whether you love or hate these players this show is a HUGE step in the right direction for our community. This could bring new sponsors, New players, better opportunities for a lot of people. Showing the world what we are passionate about, how much time we put into our game, the salt, the tears, everything.

So far 5 episodes have been released and an hour long special will be released next week. There are also mini episodes showing their opinions on MKX, Character Selection, Technique, Strategy, etc. For those of you who wish to watch all the episodes the link below will give you all the episodes.
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/mortal-kombat-x/round-1/?play=83561451-6820-43c0-955e-f2c90a992de1

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I didn't like that I had to download an extension just to watch them but hey ho. I thought it was pretty funny that half the footage they showed of their ESL games wasn't even from their esl games lol. The video they made for Honeybee was hilarious as well

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yea episode 5 just released and it's really good

Outside TYM I know each of us has been getting some serious media attention. Interviews w high profile magazines, national news papers and such. It's odd but makes sense TYM kinda doesn't care because they know us already

I was told last Thursday episode 4 was viewed 182,000 times in CWseed last week

It's doing extremely well and they have already inked a deal for season 3 for the show

Again next Monday marks the first time in history a national broadcast of an esports event

History is made in 7 days

Thanks for the write up @RM Indecisive

Props to Esl WB NRS Machinima and CW network all coming together to make this a reality

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Outside TYM I know each of us has been getting some serious media attention. Interviews w high profile magazines, national news papers and such. It's odd but makes sense TYM kinda doesn't care because they know us already

It's doing extremely well and they have already inked a deal for season 3 for the show

Again next Monday marks the first time in history a national broadcast of an esports event

Props to Esl WB NRS Machinima and CW network all coming together to make this a reality
I had no idea magazines were interviewing you guys. You should drop the name of the publication so others can check it out.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
This series was awesome.

I couldnt help but laugh a bit every time they showed the ESL standings and Sonic, Bio, Pig, and PL all had hundreds of points and then it showed Honeybee all the way down at the bottom with a measly 10 lolol.

It's no reflection of Honeybee - playing DVorah on the vanilla netcode must be impossible - the contrast was just funny for some reason.

Skedar70

Noob

Is this confirmation that there is going to be a season 3 MKX ESL ?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I had no idea magazines were interviewing you guys. You should drop the name of the publication so others can check it out.
I'm not sure we/I can but I assure you it's the biggest of biggest

When the articles are public I suggest each member of this series relay the info to @Tim Static and TYM staff

But yea I assure u it's huge names

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I think all of this is amazing and definitely helps grow the community. To me ESL and Chasing the cup is the best thing to happen to us.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

No problem. Thanks for the great episodes. It was fun as fuck to watch.This is some important to the community needs to be known and watched by everybody

That's still more shoes than @YOMI FOREVER KING has
I never said i was good at spelling

WATCHD0G

Noob

Love the show....gives the rest of us an insight to how things work. But on the side it also works as an encouragement for up and comers. give us a taste of what could be