What's new

Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 - All 5 Episodes + Finale Information

Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 follows some of the country’s top eSports players, revealing their commitment and dedication as they train, travel and compete for the Injustice 2 Pro Series Finals, hoping to win the championship and the $250,000 grand prize. Players featured include SonicFox, HoneyBee, Biohazard, Slayer, ForeverKing, Semiij and Scar. The broadcast special will include a behind-the-scenes look at the Finals, plus a special announcement about a new DC character coming to Injustice 2 this fall.

The finale of Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 will air on The CW Network as a one-hour primetime special on Tuesday, October 3 (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT).

Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 | Ep.1 | Let The Games Begin

Thousands of gamers from around the world gather in Las Vegas, NV at the biggest Fighting Game Tournament in the world, Evolution, to gain points, win money, and have some fun.

Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 | Ep.2 | It's Not Over Yet

The tournament continues while dreams are made and hopes shattered as players get knocked out one by one, until the final 2 are revealed.

Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 | Ep.3 | Practice Makes Perfect

An epic come back and a surprise victory shock everyone. After a weekend of intense battles, players go home to brush up on their skills.

Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 | Ep. 4 | Time To Train

After a surprise win that puts a new competitor on everyone's radar, the players head home to gear up, train before the last and tournament before the Grand Finals.

Chasing the Cup: Injustice 2 | Ep. 5 | Last Chance Throwdown

Players fight for their last chance to gain points, make money, and qualify for the Grand Finals in Los Angeles.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There is something about this show that is off.. . I can not put my figure on it.. but in theory a "road to" doco is a cool idea for esports... but something about how this is done just makes it looks hella lame.

It kind of remands me of those gaming trade shows where they have those "interviewers" who are just sycophantic brown nosers...

Also, they kinda laied into Slayer a bit.. poor guy. If Slayer isn't mindful he is going to be the next GamerBlake!

Sazbak

Noob
The beginning should have been:
"Join players around the world as they choose their favorite DC superheroes and Deadshot to compete in a series of premier tournaments."

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
The beginning should have been:
"Join players around the world as they choose their favorite DC superheroes and Deadshot to compete in a series of premier tournaments."
Deadshot can be countered with some characters like Starfire.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
While the idea of a documentary highlighting the Netherrealm fighting game community is really exciting and could get our name out there and that's all cool, but the execution of this whole thing is so...weird? I go to quite a few of these tournaments and yet I feel a strange disconnect to everything going on in these videos. It just doesn't feel as authentic as it could be, from the canned dialogue between people and the misinformation. This feels like a missed opportunity to showcase a more authentic side of the FGC.

trufenix

bye felicia
This feels like a missed opportunity to showcase a more authentic side of the FGC.
The authentic side of the fgc involves grown men calling each other [ban incoming] because they drop combos or get hit by wake up supers. The CW @ primetime ain't exactly ready for that.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
The authentic side of the fgc involves grown men calling each other [ban incoming] because they drop combos or get hit by wake up supers. The CW @ primetime ain't exactly ready for that.
That's not the "authentic" side at all, just because you and others go online to fight random people that doesn't mean anything. Every type of community is gonna have these people that you don't wanna be around, but it's also of people that you would. I myself was at Yuzu Cup 2, and everyone was super nice and professional.

That is the authentic side of the FGC.