What's new

Characters you want/think will be in MK11?

Gamer68

Fujin!
"Gamer68, it hasn't even been 2 years since Injustice 2 has come out and you are already making threads like this. You are apart of the reason why NRS will never support their games for as long as I want. You are apart of the problem."

STFU. Let's be real, NRS always starts working on their next game before whatever they are going to be releasing that year is out. Example: They were working on MKX before Injustice 1 was even released. You KNOW that NRS is making another game, which is most likely MK11. Even if MK11 happens (it will), it doesn't mean that NRS still can't continue support for Injustice 2, so get off of my case.

With that being said, I would like to know what characters you want in MK11. Or what I think will make this thread more interesting; the characters you THINK will be in the game -- not necessarily the characters you want or don't want.

NRS always re-uses things that they introduced in one title for their next game. They reused a lot of Green Arrow stuff for Kung Jin, they reused Jacqui stuff for Deadshot, etc. This isn't really a bad thing, it just means we should expect to see some stuff that was introduced in Injustice 2 and it's DLC characters to make it's way into MK11. So here is some of the characters I would like to see, and I think we will see:

• Think: Shang Tsung. While I'm not completely sure how they would introduce him into the game's story considering MK11 will most likely be about Liu Kang/Kitana deadly alliance, evil Raiden, potentially Onaga, etc. But he could be apart of a flash-back scene or heck, even the game's non-canon pre-order bonus character (I don't want to see pre-order bonus characters happen again, I'm just saying). I'm really not sure how but I think NRS is going to try get him in him in the game. I feel this way mainly because Enchantress in INJ2 has moves that couldn't easily be given to Shang Tsung with just a few tweaks. I mean, she has his soul-rip, like come on.
  • Want: Fujin. In my opinion, he deserved to be in MKX along with a few other characters, but it never happened. He was one of the most (if not the most) requested character for MKX for the longest time before Twitter decided Jade was the bomb-diggity instead, so yeah. He should be in MK11.
  • Think: Jade. Twitter thinks she's the bomb-diggity so she will probably make it in. Plus she never showed up as a revenant and apparently she could be some kinda dream-realm warrior or something, so I guess it's fair if she makes it in.
  • Want: Reiko. One of the other characters I wanted to see show up in MKX. He made it into the comics, only to be killed off along with a ton of other characters. I kinda doubt he will happen, but I really want to see more MK4-MKD characters make it in. They did Shinnok, Kenshi, Tanya, Tremor (he isn't really a 3D-era character but kinda?) and Bo' Rai Cho last time, but 3 of those was DLC and wasn't actually in the game at the start, and even with 5 in the end it wasn't enough in my opinion.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If anything about that Reddit leak is to be believed, and the story is going to be based around Deception and Armageddon, the possibilities of who makes an appearance could literally be anyone left in the story who isn't all the way dead since it talked of more Rain-like NPC's.

Who actually makes it IN depends on which parts of the story they focus on.

WANT:
Ashrah. Shujinko. Sareena. Any of the other Deception characters, really, preferably Havik if there's only one.
And Reiko. It's been two games already and we literally haven't even seen him. And according to the story as it is now, I don't think there's anyone else who could be running Outworld at the moment besides Kotal Kahn, who I feel like they're gonna do a "I failed my people and was ready to surrender to Shujinko, I must fix my shame" like Nightwolf did in Deception when he went to the Netherrealm to cleanse his soul. If he's gone, and Mileena, Kahn, Quan Chi and Shinnok are all disposed of, who else?

THINK:
Jade. And I'm really interested to see what they do because it'll be brand the hell new as far as stories and timelines are concerned.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
"Gamer68, it hasn't even been 2 years since Injustice 2 has come out and you are already making threads like this. You are apart of the reason why NRS will never support their games for as long as I want. You are apart of the problem."
it doesn't mean that NRS still can't continue support for Injustice 2, so get off of my case.
MK11 being a thing doesn't mean that Injustice players should stop playing Injustice, as well.

Nevertheless, I agree completely with @Swindle: I'm very sure the MK trinity (Scorp, Sub, Raiden) and Liu/Kitana are 100% guaranteed for the next MK. I also think most of the new characters from MKX, namely Erron Black, Takeda, Kotal, and Cassie, are very likely to return for the sequel.
As far as the characters I want go, my top 5 picks are Tremor, Shang Tsung, Fujin, Sareena, and Noob Saibot. Tremor, I ended up enjoying a lot more than I thought I would in MKX, and the other characters I really wanna see what NRS would come up with for them in a new game.

i would like to main one or two new chars in mk11. i mean brand new chars!
i would also like to play fujin!
i've been saying this for a while: i predict mk11 will be a dedicated tag fighter (2on2)

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
I agree that we need some MK: Deception chars. Kittelsen wrote Havik brilliantly in the MKX comic so I'm hoping he'll show.

I think Shang, Fujin, Baraka and Noob Saibot will show again.
We'll need at least one of the Cyber-Lin Kuei/Tekkunin now that they've been DLC in X.
Jade is probably coming also, as I doubt Mileena will reappear until MK12 but I wouldn't mind her showing up again.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
cut&paste from a identical thread a while back...

Mechanisms

X-Ray and Breakers like how MKx and MK9 worked. I think meter management is one of the strongest aspects of the NRS games.

I would like the RUN BUTTON from MKx to be removed, I hated that. Though I thought the "stamina" idea was cool how it effected gameplay when depleted. Some other application of that idea that dose not have a run system would be cool. In a way the "trait" system in injustice is kind of like Stamina.. not saying it should be like that but just an example how the "stamina idea" can be developed in different ways without a "run mechanism".

Also I would like to see a return of Brutalities, but somehow make them more dynamic so you do not see the same ones all the time and more of them with less "conditions".

I would also like the return of Stage Fatalities (I know we had 1 in DLC with the pit in MKx) and I would also like to see "TROLL / PROPS" fatalities as well, like Babalities and Friendships and the like... not necessarily them but basically have a Fatalites for "You Suck", "Your Awesome" and "Classic Finish Them" style, as well as Stage Fatalities and Brutalities.

I think some kind of VISUAL ONLY version of the gear system would be awesome. MK has always suffered from lack of cosmetic costumes. Either make a ton of Skins or have some kind of gear system like IJ2 but only for the look.

Also some version of the MKx Variation System. My personal preference would be a cross between the variation system and the Gear System. Like say in Street Fighter vs SNK, on character select you can select a few options that change your characters moves or normals or something. This is what I thought the gear system in IJ2 was going to be and I still think it would be awesome in MKx and in competitive play. So basically a more dynamic and custom style variation system. I still think if done right it can be a simple selection at character select and not slow down events at all.

Some consideration for tournament organisers. Simply putting into the options a way to set thing in the setting as permanently would solve many problems. Need lowered health bars, or have tournament mode on with random costumes and maybe a gamma setting.. have someway to set that so it will automatically recall those settings even after reset or powering down of the console or w/e so it can not be randomly turned off during the event. Also I would love to see tournament modes have lock outs during fatalities / super moves so they can not be skipped and the stream gets to see them.

Also I would love to see a tournament system in the vs menu, like a King of the Hill but the game has actual brackets and stuff.

Finally I think ranked HAS to be BO5.

Roster

I have zero interest in story mode, I mean I play it and it is fun but I do not want story mode to affect the roster at all. I would rather a confusing and crazy story mode and still have "dead" characters back and playable than not have them.. So this list is just characters based and has nothing to do with how the story is going.

The Auto Includes : Sub, Scorpion, Radian, Liu Kang
The Regulars : Cage, Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Kano
Return of the New Blood : Cassie, Kotal Khan, DeVorh, Scarlet
The "Missing" : Noob, Baraka, Sindel, Fujin, Jade, Shang Tsung, Kabal
The Obscure : Ashrah, Nitara, Motaro (I do not care, make him work somehow!)
New : 5 new characters never seen before.

That is 29 I think.. MKx had 29 by end of the games life.

NOTE: I think there should be ZERO GUESTS. MK is deep enough that you can add new characters and choose old ones and never EVER need non-cannon characters. Still if you have to have guests, these are my choices.

Acceptable Guests as we WILL have guests not matter what so get on board or shut the fuck up : Archer, Ash Williams, Snake Plissken, Dr Jekyll / Mr Hyde, The Wolfman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Really hope NRS takes Skarlet away from the shelves.
A character with a lot of potential gameplay wise, story wise she is on a grey area where she can pretty much be anything they want, so she works like a wild card.

But gameplay wise Skarlet has a inumerous of unusual things i kinda expect to grind again, she had a top walkspeed, good armor, good damage, good pressure, a low profiling mid that was a combo starter, amazing anti airs, a mixup based on conditioning people to block low because her blockstring used to loop and did a lot of damage building a lot of meter to continue the loop, so ppl had to duck to end it, which she could force you to block stand again with her overhead of 18f and one with 13f.

A low to chip life away little by little, and the best armor in the game because it was the one that could be extended, or used raw to halve certain moves like Kabal's flash parry, she could literally be anywhere in the screen with 2 extra frames of armor to do whatever.

Still dunno how to feel about the Tournament Edition since her armor there is now 13f and her red dash is still 12, not sure it can be extended, no longer negating moves halfway dash, meaning she can only pass projectiles probably at blast radius.

She traded all those strengths with one weakness, she couldn't really wakeup without meter, since her red dash was 12f startup and invincibility frames in MK9 only lasted for 11 frames, many moves had from 6 to 10f startup as wakeup, Skarlet fastest move from red dash was 20f, so unless it was metered she used to be kinda weak on knockdown.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Considering what happened with previous leaks, Reddit leaked list is pretty much confirmed to be true.

Also check out John Vogel's reply to a recent question I sent him:

https://twitter.com/K0MB4T/status/952240042604457990

Although final roster is probably decided now, his "anything can happen" could mean there's a lot of diversity and that unexpected characters are coming back. Or it could mean nothing:p

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Considering what happened with previous leaks, Reddit leaked list is pretty much confirmed to be true.
well considering all 3 injustice 2 leaks were loads of BS... I wouldn't read to much into it... most of these reddit posts are just loosers trying to get that geek gold. I think it is pretty foolish to believe any of it.

Gamer68

Fujin!
If I had to make a wishlist of 28 characters I wanted to see, similar to what @Jynks did above, this is what it would look like:
  • 1. Scorpion
  • 2. Sub-Zero
  • 3. Raiden
  • 4. Liu Kang
  • 5. Kitana
  • 6. Cassie Cage
  • 7. Jacqui
  • 8. Takeda
  • 9. Kung Jin
  • 10. Kotal Kahn
  • 11. Erron Black
  • 12. D'Vorah
  • 13. Tanya
  • 14. Bo' Rai Cho
14 characters returning from MKX, and 14 "new" characters that were not from MKX. Characters listed 1-6 are obvious picks. I have Jacqui, Takeda, etc in there without their parents (Jax and so on) because I feel we don't need them this time around. MKX was about passing the touch from Johnny, Sonya, Jax, and Kung Lao to a new team of heroes. It would be weird if we got ANOTHER game with both the "parents" and new characters in it. It's okay to give some of the classic characters a 1-game break, especially if it means they are able to reintroduce a bunch of other classic characters and push new ones. I think MK11 needs to be that game and waiting any longer would just be weird considering where the story is going. Some of the "parents" could be story mode NPCs or even DLC, but I don't think they need to be in the main game.

I didn't included Ferra/Torr mainly just because I don't think they will return. I think they were the weird oddball character for MKX, and while they could show up in a different game, I don't think they will return in MK11 like the other MKX characters. Tanya's redesign was great and she should be in the base-game this time. I included Bo' Rai Cho because I think he could be great for the story. Hear me out. With Liu Kang and Kung Lao dead, and his best friend Raiden being corrupted, I think we could see a more serious Bo' Rai Cho in this game -- or at least in the story. If Corrupted Raiden is going to be the villain for at least half the story, then I really don't see how Bo' Rai Cho ISN'T going to be involved.

Now here is the rest of the list:

• 15. Fujin
  • 16. Reiko (flashback?)
  • 17. Havik
  • 18. Li Mei
  • 19. Frost
  • 20. Smoke (human)
  • 21. Noob Saibot
  • 22. Kabal
  • 23. Sindel
  • 24. Shang Tsung (flashback?)
  • 25. Jade
  • 26. Kano's son that was in a MKX arcade ending
  • 27. Daegon OR a new Red Dragon character
  • 28. Onaga
Characters 15-19 will bump the roster up to seven 3D-era characters, which is around the number I've been wanting to see. Reiko is dead in the comics, so he could be a flashback character or even revived. Li Mei showed up in MKX's story, so I think it's time for her to be involved for real this time. With a redesigned moveset, I think she could be pretty cool. Frost also showed up in MKX's story and was already starting some Lin Kuei drama, I think she will be back and doing worse.

Characters 20-25 are some more MK9 returnees to complement the characters in the other list above. Jade's fate should probably be explained, and while I'm not completely sure how, I think Shang Tsung will be back because of the reasons I gave in OP. I feel MKX introduced plenty of new characters, so MK11 shouldn't really focus on adding many more. 1 or 2 is fine -- Kano's son (who will make up for the lack of Kano himself) and perhaps a new Red Dragon character if they don't want to do Daegon. Considering Daegon was a cameo in both MK9 and MKX, and the Red Dragon actually has a presence in the MKX comic and Takeda's background, it's probably time they start reintroducing the klan in MK11.

Lastly, Onaga. I actually think he was one of the better 3D-era characters and a really good boss. I think he will be heavily redesigned so he could fit as a playable character, however. He still could/probably have a boss version still, which could be him powered up with the Kamidogu.

That's it! Sorry for the wall of text, but I really wanted to explain my list. I would love to have 30 characters this time, maybe Skarlet and a Cyborg, but I think 28 is more reasonable and in-line with what NRS has been doing lately.

The Obscure : Ashrah, Nitara, Motaro (I do not care, make him work somehow!)
I agree. If I had to pick a 29th character, it would be Motaro. It sucked seeing him as a cameo in MK9 for like 2 seconds, only for him to die.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This thread makes me realize that much like many of the 3D characters, Motaro NEVER got a chance to stand out and kick the shit out of a game as anything but a sub-boss. Goro got his shot, Kintaro wouldn't make much sense. Purge the realm of the dead and bring back the Centaur. let him be the Aria of MK, just different/weird as all hell.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I just want Sindel and Tanya to return. I'd deal with whatever else. I don't think either of them have a particularly good chance, but I can dream.

Would be nice to see what's up with Jade, too, but if Jade and Tanya aren't in the same game again it'll be sad.

Li Mei and Ashrah are the only other 3D era characters I'd really like to see back. Li Mei was whatever in the 3D games, but a Chinese warrior with a sword is a cool idea and very classic martial arts movie stuff, and you could do a lot of Xianghua from Soul Calibur type stuff with her that could be fun. Ashrah is another one who was kind of boring in practice but a really cool concept in theory.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Want Sareena and Skarlet to have chance to appear in MKX11 ..... Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu and Kitana are 100% obvious to be in the game, due the story lore continuation. And of course, the new generation (Cassie, Jaquie, Takeda and Kung Jin) will be there, that's for sure ..... nevertheless, some crazies guest character are to be expected .... this time I hope they put Pinhead from Hellraiser in the game, hehe ! :D Cannot wait for the first leaks news regarding MK11 to start coming out along this year .... :cool:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Want Sareena and Skarlet to have chance to appear in MKX11 ..... Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu and Kitana are 100% obvious to be in the game, due the story lore continuation. And of course, the new generation (Cassie, Jaquie, Takeda and Kung Jin) will be there, that's for sure ..... nevertheless, some crazies guest character are to be expected .... this time I hope they put Pinhead from Hellraiser in the game, hehe ! :D Cannot wait for the first leaks news regarding MK11 to start coming out along this year .... :cool:
I hope Jigsaw makes it into the game. He can be the ultimate trap character.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The must haves:
Everyone from mk1 and mk2, hidden included.

The bonus:
Everyone from mk3 / ultimate.

The guest:
None. Bring back some of the runners up like Quan, Sareena, Ashrah and Li Mei.

Maybe:
Skarlet, Cassie, Kotal, Vorah

No way in hell:
Kenshi, Bo Ring Cho, any other dumbshit mishap like movie monsters or whatever. Forget those.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Kotal, D'vorah, Ferra Torr, Erron Black all should come back. I liked all the new villains, and thinked NRS did a great job of making a new generation of baddies to bring into the fold. They all had unique abilities, and they earned their keep. Heroes need some work. I wouldn't mind them coming back, but I didn't really feel like any of them were really warranted taking a spot from the old main stays, as they didn't feel unique to me really. Jacqui and Takeda was the closest thing to an interesting character, but even still there were just shades of blah in their design.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My roster of 28 would look like: (idc about canon)
1. Sub
2. Scorpion
3. Raiden
4. Cage
5. Kenshi
6. Kitana
7. Lao
8. Cassie
9. Kotal
10. Liu Kang
11. Takeda
12. Erron Black
13. Noob
14. Jax
15. Ermac
16. Human Smoke
17. Cyrax
18. Sektor
19. Reptile
20. Ferra/Torr
21. Goro
22. Quan Chi
23. Tremor
24. Rain
25. Jade
26. Fujin
27. Onaga
28. Sonya

Sorry Jacqui and Kung Jin, you’re fuckin boring. Sorry Baraka and Kano, you suck. Sorry Mileena and D’Vorah, I hate you

Last edited: