What's new

Characters you don't want to come back

Pizza

Thrill Kill
There's plenty of characters, mostly from the 3D era, that have been forgotten by now or NRS just don't want to acknowledge them.
However, it looks like some people are starting to get tired of the same characters over and over again. I know a person that doesn't want Ermac nowehere near this game.

So which characters you don't want to come back?

How can we keep this relatively close to the realms of possibilities? I mean, no one wants Hsu Hao to come back but we know it's extremely unlikely he's ever coming back to any game lmao

Some characters I don't want to come back: Li Mei, Onaga... Ferra/Torr, Kobra. Most of them have bland designs in my opinion, and are not fun to play. Ferra/Torr is terrible. Kobra is like a guest character.

Onaga might need a re-design in the near future...

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Those that I'd like to NEVER see again:
- D'Vorah
- Jaqui
- Erron Black
- Ferra/Torr
- Triborg (I liked him in MKX, but I prefer the classics)
- guests

Those that I'd like to skip MK11 and come back in a later game:
- Sonya Blade (oh no)
- Johnny Cage (if Cassie makes the roaster)
- Kung Jin
- Ermac
- Quan Chi
- Shinnok
- Kano
- Jax
- Kenshi
- Mileena

Last edited:

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
If I’m being honest I kind of hope Jacqui and Ferra/Torr sit out. They were cool and all initially, but were actually kind of bland. I do believe F/T is most likely out, but Jacqui being a Kombat Kid, she has a good chance of being in. Hopefully if she is in, they overhaul her look and gameplay.

SenSx

Noob
Characters I really dislike:

JAX
Jacqui
Kung Jin
Takeda
Ferra/Torr
Shinnok
I would have said Kano, but too late he's in ><

Characters I do like, but should sit out for returning:

Kenshi
Erron Black
Quan Chi
Mileena
Triborg
Ermac
Reptile
Tremor

Yea it huts for Reptile, but I think it's better to let Smoke, Rain and Noob get their chances.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
The whole new MXK cast. I honestly just want all the OG characters back so I can swag them tf out. Outta that bunch tho I would say

Sonya
Kano
Smoke
Meleena or w.e

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Shit like this is always monumentally short-sighted.

Think about it for half a second.

Would you rather a character you don’t like sit in the background(not gone, but not pushed) forever as a festering sore in the series?

Or would you rather they make characters you don’t like into characters you do?

Like, situation one you lose and have a shitty reminder whenever they get brought up in the games and community.

In situation two, you win and have yet another character to look forward to or play.

There is always a way to make a bad character good.

This is exact thing just happened for me and a lot of other people who thought Skarlet looked like shit in MK9 and her story and play style were kind of barebones.

Now she was one of the most impressive characters shown in this new game.

If you improve instead of remove, you get more instead of less.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Would you rather a character you don’t like sit in the background(not gone, but not pushed) forever as a festering sore in the series?

Or would you rather they make characters you don’t like into characters you do?
That's why I didn't write Cassie, even though I despise her, in my post. And I'm confident others did the same.

Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah in my opinion are terrible ideas and that's it. I don't want them to get a second chance, I'd much rather see new characters. Sareena, on the other hand, while extremely bland in Armageddon, is the top pick of many for a returning character.

Don't start this biased, most of us think before writing just like you.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Kung Jin

him beating Kotal in story mode is the blackest mark on MK history

Also it should be the main reason Kronika is trying to change the timelines as to erase that horrible and stupid moment.
Kung Jin is an amazing character, F you haters, but I will admit that it’s hard to see him being even remotely the same if NJPs don’t launch anymore. Still want him back though, even though I will main Kabal