What's new

Characters with best block strings/pressure game

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Even with Sindel and the other DLCs out now, I’m still playing with Kabal a ton, and also recently got to playing Jade. Was playing Kitana for a while (mostly because I love how her combos look, especially B14 scissor kick) but am curious what people think about Jade as a pressure character. Also thought of trying out Nightwolf some more and possibly taking a break from Kabal if he’s better for that.

Thanks in advance for input.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If you want that just go with Jacqui, Jax, Johnny, Geras all have a solid pressure game up close. I wouldn't recommend Jade personally as a solid in your face, pressure character. Her jaded isn't bad but she's not as effective as the others above honestly. They can keep the pressure on you better. I also prefer Jade for zoning and footsies but that's me. Kabal pretty much all his strings are safe so there's that working for you.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
If you want that just go with Jacqui, Jax, Johnny, Geras all have a solid pressure game up close. I wouldn't recommend Jade personally as a solid in your face, pressure character. Her jaded isn't bad but she's not as effective as the others above honestly. They can keep the pressure on you better. I also prefer Jade for zoning and footsies but that's me. Kabal pretty much all his strings are safe so there's that working for you.
Kool. I was just watching some new Johnny matches and might try him out along with Jacqui. Also might see what’s new with Sonya as I haven’t played her since just after release. I like having both a male and female for mains and backups so it’s a matter of narrowing down their play styles every so often.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kool. I was just watching some new Johnny matches and might try him out along with Jacqui. Also might see what’s new with Sonya as I haven’t played her since just after release. I like having both a male and female for mains and backups so it’s a matter of narrowing down their play styles every so often.
Sonya's good too I use her as part of my arsenal, she can rush down, has a great D1, D4 and can zone pretty well too with her rings and her dropping turret.

Liu b1 been 9f , 1,2 been plus,cetrion s1 +3 , jax 12 +1 , johny +6 projectiles and jacqui plus string dont remeber what input but the elbow shit