What's new

General/Other Characters who can backdash B2,3,F2

ryublaze

Noob
I feel like this information is important to have so I went through the entire roster and listed which characters can backdash Deathstroke's B2,3,F2. For those that don't know, this is Deathstroke's overhead string that is mainly used after a blocked F3, blocked jump 3, or after the combo D1/B2,2 xx MB Sword Spin, dash, Sword Flip on hit. Against certain characters, Deathstroke can do B2,2 instead and be safe. Some characters can do D2 to punish B2,3,F2 too.

Characters who can't backdash B2,3,F2:

Aquaman
Ares
Batgirl (close range)
Deathstroke
The Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Hawkgirl
The Joker
Lobo
Nightwing (Staff Stance)
Raven
Scorpion
Solomon Grundy
Wonder Woman (Sword Stance)
Zatanna

Characters who can backdash B2,3,F2 but can't punish B22:

Bane
Black Adam (far range)
Lex Luthor
Shazam

Characters who can backdash B2,3,F2 and can punish B22:

Batman (Slide Kick, Trait)
Batgirl (far range) (Cartwheel / dash, Flying Bat)
Black Adam (close range) (instant-air Far Boot Stomp)
Catwoman (Cat Dash)
Cyborg (Techno Tackle)
Doomsday (Venom)
Harley Quinn (instant-air Oopsy Daisy)
Killer Frost (Iceberg)
Martian Manhunter (Trait, 3)
Nightwing (Escrima Stance) (B2 xx Flip Kick)
Sinestro (B1,3 / Trait)
Superman (Flying Punch)
Wonder Woman (Lasso Stance) (Straight Tiara / instant-air Demigoddess' Might)
Zod (Phantom Strike / Zod Charge)

Characters who can do D2 to punish B2,3,F2:

Catwoman (close range)
The Flash (close range)
Wonder Woman (Lasso Stance)

Notes:
- All characters with parries can use parry to punish B2,3,F2.
- Bane can use Trait followed by Double Punch or Venom Uppercut to punish B2,3,F2.
- Batman and Sinestro can use Trait to punish B2,3,F2.
- Hawkgirl can use Wing Evade xx 3 to punish B2,3,F2.
- Harley Quinn and Nightwing (Escrima Stance) can't backdash out of D1/B2,2 xx MB Sword Spin, dash, Sword Flip, dash, dash, B2,3,F2.
- Solomon Grundy can use Walking Corpse to punish B2,3,F2.
- Wonder Woman (Lasso Stance) can D1,2 to punish B2,3,F2.

Thanks to @Youphemism for helping me out with the DLC characters and @Vagrant for informing me about characters punishing with D2. And also Slips who's been doing this since day 1 lol.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ah I see, well I have the DLC and can test it but it's nearly 4am here so I can't test right now. Unless someone else does it before me I'll test it in the morning :)

Youphemism

Cool, here's some test results (not extensive, just a few things that came to mind, there could be better punishes):

Batgirl: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with the last two hits of cartwheel up OR I JUST FOUND THIS HAHAHA- dash in df2 INTO VORTEX LOL

MMH: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with trait 3

Zatanna: Can backdash the b2 but gets hit by the 3, can punish b22 with super

Scorpion: Can backdash the b2 but gets hit by the 3, can punish b22 with Bloody Spear (bf1)

Zod: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with Phantom Strike (bf3) or Zod Charge (bf2)

Lobo: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with Hook Charge (bf3)

For the record, hitting that sword flip after the dash at the end was a pain, bnb my ass...:DOGE

ryublaze

Noob
Cool, here's some test results (not extensive, just a few things that came to mind, there could be better punishes):

Batgirl: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with the last two hits of cartwheel up OR I JUST FOUND THIS HAHAHA- dash in df2 INTO VORTEX LOL

MMH: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with trait 3

Zatanna: Can backdash the b2 but gets hit by the 3, can punish b22 with super

Scorpion: Can backdash the b2 but gets hit by the 3, can punish b22 with Bloody Spear (bf1)

Zod: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with Phantom Strike (bf3) or Zod Charge (bf2)

Lobo: Can backdash b23f2, can punish b22 with Hook Charge (bf3)

For the record, hitting that sword flip after the dash at the end was a pain, bnb my ass...:DOGE
hey thanks for testing! i'll add those to the OP. That's weird about Lobo, I could've sworn that he couldn't backdash b23f2.

Youphemism

hey thanks for testing! i'll add those to the OP. That's weird about Lobo, I could've sworn that he couldn't backdash b23f2.
Anytime :) nah I managed it, all characters have a small amount of invincibility frames and whatnot, and his backdash isn't horrible

ryublaze

Noob
Updated with some more info. Thanks @Vagrant for letting me know about characters punishing with d2. Let me know if I got anything wrong.

I also added that Bane, Batman, and Sinestro can use their traits to punish B2,3,F2 after a blocked F3. Hawkgirl can Wing Evade xx 3 out of it.

Youphemism

Oh I probably should've mentioned, I only tested the DLC with the combo double dash b22/b23f2 setup. If it makes a difference or if you'd like me to I'll test the blocked f3 into them too tomorrow :)

ryublaze

Noob
Oh I probably should've mentioned, I only tested the DLC with the combo double dash b22/b23f2 setup. If it makes a difference or if you'd like me to I'll test the blocked f3 into them too tomorrow :)
probably doesn't make too much of a difference. u can test if u want, although i'll eventually get around to testing DLC chars myself using some1 else's xbox. Thanks though. :)

Youphemism

probably doesn't make too much of a difference. u can test if u want, although i'll eventually get around to testing DLC chars myself using some1 else's xbox. Thanks though. :)
It's cool, not like I have much of a life anyway ;)

Also don't mind me, I'm liking some of your YouTube vids

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
are u talking about backdashing a gap between b2(3) ? or something else? >.>