What's new

Strategy Characters that can punish max range TKP

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ok i will be making a list with the characters that can punish a max range TKP on block here. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Raiden (Superman)
Freddy (Hellspike)
Ermac (TKP)
Baraka (Blade charge)
Kenshi (EX SC)
Scorpion (EX Hellfire)

Update: According to 1man3letters Baraka can punish it too. Thnx for the info.

Post updated.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Isnt slide fast enough? or cages red kick :p good stuff
Nope slide cant punish a max range TKP. It can punish it when its done from a regular range.

EDIT: About JC's EX SK whenever i did a max range TKP Cimmerian tried to punish it but i was always manage to block it.

I'm very positive Baraka can punish using blade charge. I remember a while back Riu48 was using Baraka and he hit me a few times with it. I'll double check that this Thursday though.

NKZero

Noob
Kenshi's spirit charge, Jade's shadow kick, Ermac's TKP :)P). I don't know the frame data of these, just curious.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Kenshi's spirit charge, Jade's shadow kick, Ermac's TKP :)P). I don't know the frame data of these, just curious.
Its not only about if they have a faster startup its also about the range and how fast they travel. Also keep in mind that a blocked TKP has a very small knock back also which means it carries big risks if you are going to punish it with, for example, JC's shadow kic. Same with everything else. On whiff Ermac can punish these moves very hard, except if its an Ermac vs Ermac match.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Test out Jax's EX dash punch. Its still a pretty fast move, but I think it might just be out of striking distance.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
What about Rain and his lightning? Im pretty sure that he can punish TKP.
As far as i remember no he cant. The characters i posted are the ones that are fresh to my mind atm. If anyone else finds any other character who can punish a MAX range TKP let me know and i ll update the OP.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Smoke bomb punishes max tkp. Im almost positive red kick will hit ermac on blocked tkp. Liu kangs triangle kick or whatever its called.. KLs dive kick im not too sure, mils teleport can hit, as well as sektors. Nightwolf ex shoulder charge definitely can hit, kabals ground saw can punish, ans im thinking nd can too, strykers gunshot and ex roll.. Thats wat I think of now.. Test me though.. Itd be better if I had the game in front of me. Lol this might be skewed by my weak block reflexes

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Smoke bomb punishes max tkp. Im almost positive red kick will hit ermac on blocked tkp. Liu kangs triangle kick or whatever its called.. KLs dive kick im not too sure, mils teleport can hit, as well as sektors. Nightwolf ex shoulder charge definitely can hit, kabals ground saw can punish, ans im thinking nd can too, strykers gunshot and ex roll.. Thats wat I think of now.. Test me though.. Itd be better if I had the game in front of me. Lol this might be skewed by my weak block reflexes
Smoke Bomb: No. Force push is -17 on block, smoke bomb has 19 execution frames. 2 frames to block, close but no cigar

ex Shadow Kick: No. 21 frame execution fullscreen, seeing as how max TKP range is almost fullscreen, im pretty sure red kick cant touch you.

ex Dragon Kick: No way in hell. 28 execution frames fulscreen

Dive Kick: 23 execution frames at fullscreen, a big no as well.

Mileena's Teleport: You're on a roll arent you. 24 execution frames, you still have 10 frames to block.

Teleport Uppercut: This has 16 frame execution minimum, in the air, 29 on the ground. So unless your opponent has godlike timing, than you can block this. There is one frame for error. And lets face it, if your opponent jumps just frame and teleports just frame, you deserved to get combo'd.

Shoulder: Normal shoulder is 15 frames at fullscreen, but at max tkp range you could punish a blocked tkp if you do the input just frame. Enhanced version is 19 frames, i say blockable.

Buzzsaws: 40 execution frames fullscreen. Buzzsaws are pretty slow travelling across the screen. Blockable

Gun Shot: 29 execution frames, blockable

Roll Toss: 24 execution frames, blockable

Yep. Everything but NW shoulder, teleport uppercut and even then its tricky to just-frame it. Thanks to Somberness, and to Kami for correcting me :p

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Thanks sunny d! Guess im just a lackluster blocker then. Its crazy though, considering I fear using tkp because of its terrible recovery time. Guess I gotta step it up

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Execution is -14 on block is -17. How long does it take to block? Nightwolfs tackle will hit, as will sektors teleport for sure

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Ok i will be making a list with the characters that can punish a max range TKP on block here. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Raiden (Superman)
Reptile (Dash)
Freddy (Hellspike)

Thats all for now. Gonna test soon if Baraka can punish it with blade charge or the EX version.

Post edited.
Cage :ex Shadow Kick?
Kung Lao :ex Spin?
Nightwolf Shoulder Charge?
Smoke Teleport Punch?

Have you tried these?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Cage :ex Shadow Kick?
Kung Lao :ex Spin?
Nightwolf Shoulder Charge?
Smoke Teleport Punch?

Have you tried these?
Kung Lao :ex spin doesnt have enough range, shoulder charge can, rest cant. See my previous post at the end of page 1 i show alot of things that can be blocked.