What's new

Guide Characters that can punish BG's b2u3 string on block

This is good info.

Though on the other hand, it only serves to show how bad a design decision it was to only make it punishable by half the cast.

Lex U3 forward hotbox is shit. Will it punish from any distance after block?
Someone test this pleeeeeeaaaase. (I don't have Batgirl)

It has to be consistent (CHECK FOR STANCE SWITCH!), because if I'm going to do this I NEED to be able to cancel it into shields knowing I won't get punished for it. Or else putting Batgirl at full screen is just going to let her go ham. She outzones the crap out of Lex without shields.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
A few characters most of which are irrelevant in the current meta anyway being able to punish one of the options on Batgirls vortex does not justify every other broken aspect of the character. Let's not pretend that she doesn't have an easier time in the game than MMH

Sami

Noob
Do normals have reversal buffering on them? If not (and AFAIK they do not), a lot of these are probably frame-perfect punishes...

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Someone test this pleeeeeeaaaase. (I don't have Batgirl)

It has to be consistent (CHECK FOR STANCE SWITCH!), because if I'm going to do this I NEED to be able to cancel it into shields knowing I won't get punished for it. Or else putting Batgirl at full screen is just going to let her go ham. She outzones the crap out of Lex without shields.

Bola. Bola. Bola. Bola. You gonna jump? Good thing you stay in the air for 20 minutes, I'll just go ahead and teleport then put you in a vortex. - Batgirl.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Good to know but this doesn't really change anything at all. In reality this is about as punishable as trident rush or GL's b13... (Also, WW will never be in sword in this match-up)
No this is a much easier punish. Against gamerblake every blocked b2u3 was a full combo punish. Likewise, as killer frost against batgirl, any blocked b2u3 was a 111 punish into slide. This is much more punishable than AM's trident rush and GL's b13. Seriously, just mash out the normal.

A few characters most of which are irrelevant in the current meta anyway being able to punish one of the options on Batgirls vortex does not justify every other broken aspect of the character. Let's not pretend that she doesn't have an easier time in the game than MMH
A few? You mean half the cast. The only character there that could be considered irrelevant is cyborg. Seriously, just go away.

Do normals have reversal buffering on them? If not (and AFAIK they do not), a lot of these are probably frame-perfect punishes...
huh... I always assumed they did, but now that I think of it- not sure. It's hard to tell if I miss a punish because of lag or lack of reversal buffer.

If there's no reversal buffer then no way I'm going to risk an u3 for a 10% punish... it's -13 lol

**Edit**

I tested, there is input buffer on normals that are blocked, and you can buffer in inputs for a special or normal or whatever.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
No this is a much easier punish. Against gamerblake every blocked b2u3 was a full combo punish. Likewise, as killer frost against batgirl, any blocked b2u3 was a 111 punish into slide. This is much more punishable than AM's trident rush and GL's b13. Seriously, just mash out the normal.

A few? You mean half the cast. The only character there that could be considered irrelevant is cyborg. Seriously, just go away.
Can batgirl make herself safe by going with b2d3 and only cancel into the interruptible mb redemption upon seeing that the b2 hit?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Can batgirl make herself safe by going with b2d3 and only cancel into the interruptible mb redemption upon seeing that the b2 hit?
Do you even frame data, bro? I would still just cancel it into bf3 anyways and make them interupt it if you were going to do b2d3...or just yolo cartwheel. You are minus anyways after a blocked b2d3 so might as well go for the + frames. In any case... those options all have holes in them in some way, shape, or form.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Good to know but this doesn't really change anything at all. In reality this is about as punishable as trident rush or GL's b13... (Also, WW will never be in sword in this match-up)
She can punish it in lasso too, with d1~spin if she blocks the second hit standing. You're still putting yourself in another mix-up though.

Sami

Noob
huh... I always assumed they did, but now that I think of it- not sure. It's hard to tell if I miss a punish because of lag or lack of reversal buffer.

If there's no reversal buffer then no way I'm going to risk an u3 for a 10% punish... it's -13 lol

**Edit**

I tested, there is input buffer on normals that are blocked, and you can buffer in inputs for a special or normal or whatever.
I actually meant can you buffer normals moves for the reversal, but you answered that anyway so thank you :). I had always thought the you could only buffer a special move when reversing.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Do you even frame data, bro? I would still just cancel it into bf3 anyways and make them interupt it if you were going to do b2d3...or just yolo cartwheel. You are minus anyways after a blocked b2d3 so might as well go for the + frames. In any case... those options all have holes in them in some way, shape, or form.
Yes but one of the main points of this thread was to assert that batgirl's vortex is unsafe - that if batgirl goes overhead and you guess right, you get a guaranteed punish (provided you are playing one of the listed characters).

-6 on b2d3 means that's not the case, as long as it's hit confirmable (the hit confirmable part is the piece I wasn't sure about - my reactions are kinda slow so I didn't know of there was enough time haha).

I think you basically have to guess right twice to punish this even if you are playing the right character, if I'm understanding the situation correctly. Maybe I'm not - I'm happy to be proven wrong/enlightened.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yes but one of the main points of this thread was to assert that batgirl's vortex is unsafe - that if batgirl goes overhead and you guess right, you get a guaranteed punish (provided you are playing one of the listed characters).

-6 on b2d3 means that's not the case, as long as it's hit confirmable (the hit confirmable part is the piece I wasn't sure about - my reactions are kinda slow so I didn't know of there was enough time haha).

I think you basically have to guess right twice to punish this even if you are playing the right character, if I'm understanding the situation correctly. Maybe I'm not - I'm happy to be proven wrong/enlightened.
Just punish b2u3 or throw them out of b2d3. Worst case you should be starting pressure.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Now I have a question because I did see a comment pertaining to this but it was pretty unclear. Now can this b2u3 be cancelled into cartwheel? If so, then this thread is only for those one-time moments where you throw this string out and get punished but then do it again and throw an extra 50/50 that's still hard to react to so in the long run this 50/50 still favors her. Just saying, but I'm a nobody so my opinion is irrelevant I guess lol

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Now I have a question because I did see a comment pertaining to this but it was pretty unclear. Now can this b2u3 be cancelled into cartwheel? If so, then this thread is only for those one-time moments where you throw this string out and get punished but then do it again and throw an extra 50/50 that's still hard to react to so in the long run this 50/50 still favors her. Just saying, but I'm a nobody so my opinion is irrelevant I guess lol
pretty sure u cannot cancel it into anything only the b2d3 me thinks.. but i play mk not injustice (u know the unbalanced game with the guy that doesnt lose to anyone, injustice doesnt have......) :DOGE

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
As a Batman main, this is a nice piece of info. However, batgirl still has a extremely poor design and is just downright silly. But as you all know, her neutral game is suuuuch a struggle.

The Highlander

There can be only one
She can punish it in lasso too, with d1~spin if she blocks the second hit standing. You're still putting yourself in another mix-up though.
See that's way better to know than the sword punish, although I still probably would not take the risk of getting hit by b2d3.
Does mashing out the normal also interrupt b2d3? If so then yea this is pretty good for the ones that can, if not then you can still mix it up enough to be pretty safe most of the time.