What's new

Characters Confirmed for MK11 and Other Stuff from New Story Trailer

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Figured this is worth a quick, separate posting because I've been seeing people all abuzz (intended spot for pun coming soon) about reveals and confirmations in the new MK11 Story Trailer and some of y'all might have overlooked something or just don't have the time to scope it out, but want details. So just a quick list for whoever this applies to!

-Skarlet has a dope as heck hairstyle, either as an alt or redesign from the last time we saw her. Erron Black also has a really cool new outfit from his MKX appearance

- D'vorah will be getting the hood and jacket from MKX somewhere. Whether this is her default and what we saw was an alt remains to be scene, but it does exist in MK11 and she wears it in the story mode. Also, Shao Kahn is officially playing a major role in the story. This was vaguely touched upon a while back, but now we know exactly what's up. There's a blue guy hanging out with Shao Kahn, definitely one of the remaining new characters, I just don't know which one.

-This one's speculation more than a confirmation, but there's a scene with some people seemingly getting their souls drained by a green energy. Historically speaking, Shang Tsung is famous for doing that to people, because he's a bad guy who does bad things. So for those holding out hope for Shang Tsung, this is a good sign.

-Kotal and Jacqui both made the trailer, with Jacqui getting small bits of gameplay shown.

*EDIT - Missed Frost in all of the running around I was doing

So yeah, think that's all covered there. Now I must rest for today's Kombat Kast at 4PM EST on twitch.tv/netherrealm.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Thank you!! All the info I wanted about this trailer! Too bad the screenshots are so blurry....
Yeah, I'm kind of rushing to get all this stuff out while getting back to my real job, so I didn't have time to grab cleaner looking ones. Once things chill out, I might go back and update, but by then, people will have seen this

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana, Kang and Lao were shown as well but I guess we already knew about them.

Also Frost was shown. Other than that I think you covered everything

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Kitana, Kang and Lao were shown as well but I guess we already knew about them.

Also Frost was shown. Other than that I think you covered everything
I didn't even consider mentioning them, but time stamp on Frost? Totally missed that, had to keep pausing and checking other things

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
She's standing right behind Kronika, between Kronika and Geras. Has a hood/robe on but you can tell its her. Towards the beginning when Kronika is talking to Shao Khan. There's a good screenshot somewhere in the trailer thread.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
It seems Kotal and Jade may be a team in storymode similar to Green Arrow and Black Canary in Injustice 2. Liu and Lao are surely another one, and from the trailer I got the idea that Sonya and Cassie, and Jonhy and Jonhy might be teams as well, but that probably won't end up being the case, they feel kinda odd.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Frost looks awesome (even without the hair) though I still hope we can add the hair.

I hope by fucks sake that the Kollector doesn't turn out to be a cheap replacer for Shang Tsung, I hope he collects other stuff, and NOT SOULS.

Jesus too much information, can't a guy work in peace without being overflooded with information while he's back!?

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
There's also Raiden talking to someone with their back turned, who people believe to be Cetrion. and someone hiding behind a door that people atm are guessing is Jax.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
For all the mentions of Kitana characters have in their intros, she’s done nothing in either of the trailers but stand there and look like a derp.
NRS is deliberately hiding her.

Look at this lineup of OG characters Kronika brings back.

Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Jade, Raiden, and...? Female, backless outfit, appears to have a hairbun and armsleeves. Has to be Kitana. They went completely out of their way to hide her in the reveal trailer.

Last edited: