What's new

Characters buffed/made more viable with the custom variations patch

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
What characters benefit most from the custom variations being added to competitive mode?

Robocop with low shot and a mid command grab seems good.
Kotal with totems and the command grab.

I'm assuming things like Spawn's custom move that gives you easy krushing blows are going to be not allowed/nerfed

Ooo Kotals a good one, hadn't thought of that.

Kabal was never weak to begin with, but I feel like that air dash move is gonna bump him up to whatever S tier turns out to be.

Noob is gonna be a force to reckon with. Gets the utility of slide making strings safe/easier to stagger, plus space control on top of big damage.

Spawn with his big damage on top of the safe low mix from V3 could be deadly.

EDIT: Also Sindel. For sure Sindel. I've played many suped up Sindels in customs and she was definitely a problem.

Last edited:
I think this is a hard discussion to have without even having patch notes, but I'm looking forward to using Moonfall on Nightwolf.

I'm assuming things like Spawn's custom move that gives you easy krushing blows are going to be not allowed/nerfed
Soul Forfeit is pretty fair, I don't think it should be banned and definitely not nerfed.

Pyrosis

I think this is a hard discussion to have without even having patch notes, but I'm looking forward to using Moonfall on Nightwolf.

Soul Forfeit is pretty fair, I don't think it should be banned and definitely not nerfed.
Agreed, but I think it's fun to speculate ahead of time.

Pyrosis

This change makes several characters that are super fun to play but insanely unsafe viable. Dark Sabbath Noob is the big one for me here.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Shang Tsung. Period, full stop. Shang mains should be rejoicing. Finally Shang can use...
  • Crashing flames without any of the wretched garbage that comes with Spellmaster
  • Ninja moves without having to give up soul steal
  • Ground eruption without being stuck with a trash third fire skull
  • Combo launching corpse drop... nuff' said

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana and her up fan! This makes her the combo queen she should’ve been from the jump.
She’ll also be a mixup queen with low fan/ground war/Edenian twist.
Half blood stance and Edenian twist gives her a 4 KB combo

Man I can’t wait lol

Reactions: Zgf

Zviko

Noob
Noob Saibot obviously. It's hard to say for others that rely on customs since we don't know their changes and whether they are banned from tourney/ranked or nah.