What's new

Character Usage List and Viewer Count at CEO 2019

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Solid character diversity. Probably won't stop people from complaining about balance, but oh well.
character representation of 1 top 8 of 1 tournament says absolutely nothing about the overall balance of the game soooooo yea we're still gonna complain shrug also this game online is completely different than offline

xKMMx

Banned
Why is it that I never see Kabal in tournaments? I only ever see one or two and they're not very popular players. What's the reasoning behind this?
Cause he is super vanilla and boring in this game. EVen more so than the other Vanilla characters

xKMMx

Banned
IS it weird that I don't hate any characters. Like every one hates a bunch of the top tiers. I mean there are a lot I wont use cause I don't like how they play but id have to say the only character I hate in this game is Subzero. But that's just cause I always hated him since MK1 came out when I was 10 years old lol.

In those days you were either a Scorpion person or a Subzero person and I always hated that asshole and his SLIDE!!!! lmao

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
"Stand down..."
God I can hear it coming through all nasally in my head..

As for the actual thread topic, this is a fantastic spread of character representation. I do agree that Kabal's lack of presence is quite shocking. He seems to have no notable weaknesses, though he doesn't really stand out with any overly unique tech.

More importantly than anything else, however, is our Lean Green Killin Machine getting some serious love. :p:p

E

Eldriken

You don't see many Kabal players because there are other characters that can do what he does, only better.

I enjoy him a great deal and hope to see more representation as more tourneys take place.

His damage is okay for the most part. Until you land a Krushing Blow. Then you're gonna effin' hurt. He makes his launching Krushing Blows (there's four*!) count when he gets them.

I have barely touched Skarlet since picking him up. He has nothing stupid for people to complain about and is an honest character. He just destroys impatient people and/or those who don't know the MU.

I got my ass mauled by a Kabal one day and I remembered that when I decided I wanted to pick a second character. I'm really glad that I did. Hopefully more people will feel the same way and use him at tourneys. His db4 Brutality will slay the crowd if it's unlocked by default because it's funny af.

* - In case anyone is interested, his four launching Krushing Blows are d2 (universal), db4 on Kounter or Punish, bf1 Amp on Kounter or Punish, and b12d2 on Kounter or Punish.

He has a back throw Krushing Blow and f224 on Kounter or Punish.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
You don't see many Kabal players because there are other characters that can do what he does, only better.

I enjoy him a great deal and hope to see more representation as more tourneys take place.

His damage is okay for the most part. Until you land a Krushing Blow. Then you're gonna effin' hurt. He makes his launching Krushing Blows (there's four*!) count when he gets them.

I have barely touched Skarlet since picking him up. He has nothing stupid for people to complain about and is an honest character. He just destroys impatient people and/or those who don't know the MU.

I got my ass mauled by a Kabal one day and I remembered that when I decided I wanted to pick a second character. I'm really glad that I did. Hopefully more people will feel the same way and use him at tourneys. His db4 Brutality will slay the crowd if it's unlocked by default bbecause it's funny af.

* - In case anyone is interested, his four launching Krushing Blows are d2 (universal), db4 on Kounter or Punish, bf1 Amp on Kounter or Punish, and b12d2 on Kounter or Punish.

He has a back throw Krushing Blow and f224 on Kounter or Punish.
To counter this, I will say I agree mostly, BUT, he has the best jump attack, is the safest character, and has no flawless block gaps. He has very strong tools, but its true that others do what he does better, but I dont think any character has as few weaknesses except Erron.

E

Eldriken

To counter this, I will say I agree mostly, BUT, he has the best jump attack, is the safest character, and has no flawless block gaps. He has very strong tools, but its true that others do what he does better, but I dont think any character has as few weaknesses except Erron.
His j2 is a bit nutso. I'm not gonna lie. It's some vanilla Kotal levels of crazy. =P

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Hey! Kabal ain't boring! Maybe "Meat and Potatoes" but not boring. You gotta get creative with your staggers and approaches to open good players up.

If you ever land Low Hook Grab KB in a serious match, you'll never want to put the character down.