What's new

Character Theme Songs

I was doing homework listening to video game themes and realized that Mortal Kombat doesn't have character theme songs. Correct me if I'm wrong but generally every fighting game I can think of has character theme songs to some extent. Street Fighter, Tekken, Unist, King of Fighters, etc all this in common. Anybody know why this isn't the case with MK cuz I think it definitely deserves some!

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I don't think MK needs it. It's the stage themes that have always stood out in MK and I'm hoping for this to be the case in MK11 again.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I was doing homework listening to video game themes and realized that Mortal Kombat doesn't have character theme songs. Correct me if I'm wrong but generally every fighting game I can think of has character theme songs to some extent. Street Fighter, Tekken, Unist, King of Fighters, etc all this in common. Anybody know why this isn't the case with MK cuz I think it definitely deserves some!
As an avid believer in the “Guile’s theme goes with everything” theory, I concur wholeheartedly.

And I’m not just saying that because I’m biased toward anyone’s especially awesome profile pic or anything, so what if my Xbox live GT is No snakes aLive?

I don't think MK needs it. It's the stage themes that have always stood out in MK and I'm hoping for this to be the case in MK11 again.
bruh I remember no stage theme songs haha sure if it played I'd recognize it but I just wish we had themes synonymous with characters too.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
The overall music would definitely change if we got actual themes for characters. But you know, we do have the kickass 90s dance themes as well the ones from mk9..

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Yeah, I loved that in Street Fighter, every character had his/her own stage! And that music! Awesome (in most cases) I still remember the tunes of Chun Li, Vega, Balrog, Ken and Guile for example, beautiful cool music!

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
I miss the music they'd use at the start of those early MKX Character Vartion Trailers

As much as I love and appreciate Dan Forden's work throughout the franchise, I honestly would not be opposed if NRS hired someone like Mick Gordon to help out with music and sound. The guy just doesn't know how to put out anything less than spectacular. Between the latest Killer Instinct OST and the DOOM 2016 OST, I personally listen to Mick far more often than some of my absolute favorite music artists. Seriously. Imagine Mick Gordon doing a boss theme for like, Shao Kahn or something...

Last edited: