What's new

Tech Character Specific Pushback after blocked 33

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I started to notice that some characters have different push back animations which can push them further away from Doomsday depending on the character. I was interested in this and decided to make a list of normals that still hit the character after a blocked 33. And whether or not you can do another 33 after the first one.

This is subject to change as there are some variables I still need to test for. Such as how a few characters (notably Joker) can cancel the blockstun animation by moving or pressing an attack button. And there's different pushback depending whether they are crouching or standing when blocking 33.

Also for all characters EXCEPT Lobo and Bane. Characters can still get away from a standing 1 by ducking since it a high.

Flash:
Nothing

Nightwing (Escrima):
1, D1, D3

Nightwing (Staff):
Nothing

Batman:
D1, D3

Lobo:
1 (jails if 33 is blocked standing), 2, 3 (can loop 33 for infinity), D1, D2, D3

Joker:
1, 2, 3 (the 3 is max ranged, but can loop for infinity), D1, D2, D3

Harley Quinn:
1, 2, D1, D3

Solomon Grundy:
D1, D3

Cyborg:
1, 2, 3 (can loop 33 for a second time), D1, D3
After 2nd 33: D1, D3

Green Arrow:
1, D1, D3

Superman:
D3

Martian Manhunter:
1, 2, 3 (can loop 33 for a second time), D1, D2, D3
After 2nd 33: D3

Zod:
1, 2, 3, D1, D2, D3

Lex Luthor:
1, D1, D3

Catwoman:
3 (33 whiffs though), D1, D3

Deathstroke:
Nothing

Raven:
1, 2, 3 (can loop 33 for a second time), D1, D3
After 2nd 33: Nothing

Aquaman:
D1, D3

Wonderwoman (Lasso):
1, D1, D3

Wonderwoman (Sword):
Same as Lasso, but timing seems tighter.

Scorpion:
1, D1, D3

Zatanna:
Nothing

Ares:
Nothing

Killer Frost:
1, 2, 3 (can loop 33 for infinity), D1, D2, D3

Doomsday:
Nothing

Hawkgirl:
1, 2, 3 (can loop for a total of four times), D1, D2, D3
After 2nd 33: 1, 2, 3, D1, D2, D3
After 3rd 33: 1, 2, 3, D1, D3
After 4th 33: 1, D1, D3

Shazam:
1, D1, D3

Green Lantern:
Nothing

Batgirl:
Nothing

Sinestro:
3 (33 whiffs though), D3

Black Adam:
Nothing

Bane:
1 (jails if 33 is blocked standing), 2, 3 (can loop 33 for a total of three times), D1, D2, D3
After 2nd 33: 1 (doesn't jail), 2, 3, D1, D2, D3
After 3rd 33: 1 (doesn't jail), 2, D3

lobo can stand 1 if he blocks 33 standing. Beats the next 33 out clean, so you can't just "loop it infinitely" on him.

If I crouch block, i trade with him.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
33 leaves you +10 on block with pretty big pushback. 3 comes out at 14 frames. It's not a block infinite. At the very least you can dash out of it. That being said you do get either a stand 1, d2, d3, or grab out of any 33 unless they backdash. D1 will always connect unless you did the 33 too far away. But it has nothing to do with different characters push back, just the advantage and the speed of their normals/backdashes.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
lobo can stand 1 if he blocks 33 standing. Beats the next 33 out clean, so you can't just "loop it infinitely" on him.

If I crouch block, i trade with him.
How does it get beat out clean? 33 is +10. And 3 is a 14 frame move. So how is Lobos 7 frame jab going to beat it?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Is this for crouching or standing? You said it made a difference (which it does of course) but you didn't specify which you tested.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
pushback bro. There's a huge amount of pushback on 33.
Like the title says, there is character specific pushback. So you might play against some characters where they get pushed nearly half screen, and then come across some (Lobo for example) where they barely get pushed.

And anyway, even if the pushback was the reason. How would Lobo's 7 frame standing 1 beat Doomsdays 14 frame 3, when he's +10?

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Is this for crouching or standing? You said it made a difference (which it does of course) but you didn't specify which you tested.
Standing.
I haven't finished testing on everyone when they're crouching, but it seems you can do another 33 on most people.

And I'm sure Lobo's 1 can't beat, Doomsday 3. Standing or crouching.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Like the title says, there is character specific pushback. So you might play against some characters where they get pushed nearly half screen, and then come across some (Lobo for example) where they barely get pushed.

And anyway, even if the pushback was the reason. How would Lobo's 7 frame standing 1 beat Doomsdays 14 frame 3, when he's +10?
Well you're right about the character specific pushback. I have no idea why they would do that, but it's there. This seems like it would be an absolute pain in the ass to test though.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I just picked up DD today and was playing GA and GL a lot. Immediately I noticed there is hardly any pushback on GA leaving you free to follow up with d1 mb shoulder into 33 again. Lol...crazy how no matter what you find someone has already posted it. Maybe this game is just to easy to find stuff now with all the frame data in it.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Please note that after MB Chariot Tackle the opponent can backdash avoiding the 33 entirely. When it gets to that point you can do f23 to catch the back dash(character specefic) or Dash Forward to still be in their face

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Is that 3,3 infinite against killer frost for real? Seems to good to be true.
Lets be hush hush if thats true
Might work if you can set KF to reversal Parry or Slide and see what happens after 3,3
There's a 4 frame gap between 33 and the next 3. So KF can parry.
I believe everyone can escape another 33 by back dashing. I'm hesitant to say that thought since the might just have the block the second part of 33 after back dashing putting them in the loop again.
There's also EXB3 and F3.
But against KF you can keep doing 33, and when she finally decides to parry, on a read you can do a JiD3 and get a full combo punish.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
There's a 4 frame gap between 33 and the next 3. So KF can parry.
I believe everyone can escape another 33 by back dashing. I'm hesitant to say that thought since the might just have the block the second part of 33 after back dashing putting them in the loop again.
There's also EXB3 and F3.
But against KF you can keep doing 33, and when she finally decides to parry, on a read you can do a JiD3 and get a full combo punish.
Ya still like my odds there though. Once the opponent is conditioned to backdashing i just forward dash at the same time to keep pressure. ( usually throw afterwards just to guarantee safety). 3,3 could be the new f2,3

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
That deserves it's own thread entirely. Since the characters in this game have insanely good back dashes it might be a good idea to compile a list of the best punishes for back dashing for each character after MB Shoulder and 3,3