The laws of the universe mean nothing.
Everything wrong with Ares in 35 points or less.
Sentence: This war is over.
- DC Comics
- He has a face!
- Also, Netherrealm Studios.
- Sabin letting the cat out of the bag accidentally revealing Ares…and for telling us that he’s a zoner and sold us a huge bill of goods as far as this character plays. (We still love you for what you do for our community through these dark times )
- Ares getting overpowered by Superman while they’re both doing battle in the air. IN THE AIR. AS IN FLYING. SINCE WHEN CAN ARES FLY?
- Even though he claims that he’s starving of power, he has enough of it to freeze an entire Atlantean army dead in their tracks. Not only that, he can teleport people as well with such limited power.
- “Regime alignment”
- Taking back a point for the Regime costume. That’s badass.
- Raven not even noticing Ares talking to Diana
- Point taken back for “Unhand me!” quote. Best quote ever.
- Crappy dashes all around. 19 frame forward dash doesn’t quite cut it and his backdash feels like 50 frames.
- Weapon projectiles disappearing when you get hit. I call bullshit. Somehow this thought slipped when Martian was being developed.
- 3,3 string.
- While J1 is a great air to air in it’s own right, it does no good when you don’t have a competent normal to capitalize on it.
- At one time, Ares was completely unable to wake up effectively until they buffed the teleports to have more invincible frames.
- FOUR SPECIALS. Including Invisibility which has NO POINT in a fucking fighting game! (other than building meter but still, Ares deserves better than a useless fucking move or a limited move set)
- D4 ends up whiffing on certain characters POINT BLANK. (I’m looking at you Sinestro…)
- Speaking of D4 whiffing, 2,2 and B1 (which both are key moves) end up being a fucking detriment in the corner when your main launcher whiffs ON EVERYBODY! Yes, the corners are bugged and it hurt Ares a lot.
- 8 second cool down on your weapons. That’s craptastic enough when these disappear when you get HIT. I know I said this twice, but shit, that’s unacceptable.
- The falling weapons…or should I say Falling Axe. COMPLETELY USELESS.
- Breakin Wordz (self proclaimed, “Ares of the World” when Alucard exists) trying to deceive all of us that he’s a better character than we all think and completely disregards offline gameplay (essentially, the Ra Helios of the Ares community). He even signed up for UFGT 10 and NO SHOWS knowing for sure that he would get bodied worse than SonicBoomBrad at NEC (Sorry, I had to.) So in this case as an Ares representative I apologize for this monstrosity. That bastard…
- Fucking Zatanna
- At one point, Ares had a pseudo-infinite (even on v.1.03 technically) involving B23 (untechable at the time before v.1.03) into a God Smack (his unblockable) pending that you had meter to keep it going (since wakeups were bugged before v.1.04). Since both got nerfed in separate patches these no longer exist and never got compensation buffs to offset this.
- Pig telling us how Ares was gonna be awesome before 1.06
- D1 cancel advantage being completely dogshit.
- The two teleports have more recovery than the close ones. Da fuck?
- Speaking of D1, how come it has less range on certain floaties, like Raven and Diana?
- Why does Zatanna exist in this game???
- Pre patch Superman. Do I need to go into detail?
- 2,2 STILL WHIFFING AGAINST CERTAIN CHARACTERS EVEN AFTER IT WAS BUFFED. Speaking of which, NRS failed to mention on their patch 1.06 notes that 2,2 is +1 on block. That’s kinda important, you know.
- Ares being crushed by a steel can. @Mr Aquaman
- F23’s shitty upward hitbox.
- Certain crossups and wakeup reversals working on ONE STAGE.
- Stupid. Zatanna.
- Unable to punish Scorpion’s EX Teleport as D1 does not have the range and standing 1 and D2 are too slow
- Seriously…their last DLC is a character that completely outclasses Ares as far as teleports and 50-50’s. At least I have better footsies still…but shit, they could have buffed Ares instead of wasting a character slot on Zatanna who is not much better overall.
- Also, Martian Manhunter.
Sentence: This war is over.