What's new

"Character Reveal" Details Released - Tune in to NetherRealm's Twitch on Tues @ 2PM CDT

Gamer68

Fujin!
UPDATE:
Tuesday @ 2PM Central via https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

injstream1.png

Source: https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/822598502475776004

--------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.injustice.com/?gclid=CLuB1qyPzdECFYeCswodeZYNRg

The countdown on their website used to say "Character Gameplay Reveal", then it changed to "Gameplay Character Reveal"...

And now it says "Character Reveal", so yeah, that's that. I'm assuming that we will see a new character for sure next week?

Also, another reason why I think it's a new character: The character on the countdown is hidden and just a silhouette. It's super misleading to show that and say "CHARACTER REVEAL!" we it's actually just gameplay of The Flash or somebody.

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
https://www.injustice.com/?gclid=CLuB1qyPzdECFYeCswodeZYNRg

The countdown on their website used to say "Character Gameplay Reveal", then it changed to "Gameplay Character Reveal"...

And now it says "Character Reveal", so yeah, that's that. I'm assuming that we will see a new character for sure next week?

Also, another reason why I think it's a new character: The character on the countdown is hidden and just a silhouette. It's super misleading to show that and say "CHARACTER REVEAL!" we it's actually just gameplay of The Flash or somebody.
The silhouette kind of looks like the Flash without headgear but it also looks alot like Dr. Manhattan. Or maybe it's just a generic placeholder...

Gamer68

Fujin!
The silhouette kind of looks like the Flash without headgear but it also looks alot like Dr. Manhattan. Or maybe it's just a generic placeholder...
I'm pretty sure it's just a generic placeholder. I think showing the character's actual silhouette would give certain characters away easily. Plus it would be weird to show The Flash without headgear when his render has him with headgear on, and I doubt it's Doctor Manhattan because certain leaks says he's not in the game (or at least he's nowhere to be found).

Plus if they were showing The Flash, why not just say it's The Flash gameplay reveal? When they were showing Kung Lao, Kitana, and Reptile in MKX (who were already revealed at the time), they admitted that the characters they were showing were going to be those who were already revealed and never tried to hide it. Why would they hide The Flash?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'm pretty sure it's just a generic placeholder. I think showing the character's actual silhouette would give certain characters away easily. Plus it would be weird to show The Flash without headgear when his render has him with headgear on, and I doubt it's Doctor Manhattan because certain leaks says he's not in the game (or at least he's nowhere to be found).

Plus if they were showing The Flash, why not just say it's The Flash gameplay reveal? When they were showing Kung Lao, Kitana, and Reptile in MKX (who were already revealed at the time), they admitted that the characters they were showing were going to be those who were already revealed and never tried to hide it. Why would they hide The Flash?
I tend to agree with you on this. If any Watchmen characters are in the game, they will most likely be DLC.

As for the Flash, they could show his gameplay and at the end of the stream reveal a new character. I don't think they are going to reveal a character and do a gameplay breakdown of that revealed character. We still haven't seen much Deadshot gameplay and he was revealed months ago. But who knows what NRS is up to... There has been a flood of info lately so anything is possible right now.

Reddit did their job.

It sucks when nrs puts so much effort into making us hype and then leaks happen.
The leak originated from a 4Chan thread back in December. Reddit simply shared it.

What leak, you got a link?
If the leak is to be believed, then here are the characters that have yet to be revealed:
• The Joker
• Catwoman
• Scarecrow
• Mr. Freeze
• Doctor Fate
• Green Arrow
• Black Canary
• Firestorm
• Cyborg
• Swamp Thing
• Black Adam
• Cheetah
• Captain Cold

Lo0py

Noob
The leak originated from a 4Chan thread back in December. Reddit simply shared it.

If the leak is to be believed, then here are the characters that have yet to be revealed:
• The Joker
• Catwoman
• Scarecrow
• Mr. Freeze
• Doctor Fate
• Green Arrow
• Black Canary
• Firestorm
• Cyborg
• Swamp Thing
• Black Adam
• Cheetah
• Captain Cold
If it's actually true, i hope so though cus my boy Arrow is in there.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one

• The Joker
• Catwoman
• Scarecrow
• Mr. Freeze
• Doctor Fate
• Green Arrow
• Black Canary
• Firestorm
• Cyborg
• Swamp Thing
• Black Adam
• Cheetah
• Captain Cold
I don't fully believe this list because there are some extremely demanded characters missing. Namely red hood and static shock. All the exposure and Twitter polls lead me to think these two are in base roster

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Can't wait to see who it is. I'm guessing it's gonna be someone like the Flash or Green Lantern, but man if I wouldn't be happy to see Fate. Swamp Thing would be adequate as well.
If it's Swamp Thing I wait for STORMS to make the Swamp Thing forums and then I placeholder the shit out of it.

King Cash

Next Level
I don't fully believe this list because there are some extremely demanded characters missing. Namely red hood and static shock. All the exposure and Twitter polls lead me to think these two are in base roster
I think the polls are for DLC, why give you what you want upfront when i can make you pay extra for it?

I fully expect, at least 2 watchmen char, Spawn, Static, MK Char (Subs), and prolly 1 char who was in the original to be DLC..That's 6 of the 9 spots..

AK XEN0M0RPH

I think the polls are for DLC, why give you what you want upfront when i can make you pay extra for it?

I fully expect, at least 2 watchmen char, Spawn, Static, MK Char (Subs), and prolly 1 char who was in the original to be DLC..That's 6 of the 9 spots..
Cause people were also asking for robin, blue beetle, and poison ivy. These were all highly requested characters as well, and they have been revealed. So clearly polls are not purely for dlc

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Cause people were also asking for robin, blue beetle, and poison ivy. These were all highly requested characters as well, and they have been revealed. So clearly polls are not purely for dlc
Odds are they already have the main cast figured out so the only thing we really could have an influence on would be DLC at this point.

Reactions: GAV

I highly, highly doubt that there will be two Watchmen characters. Rorschach and Manhattan are the only characters who have a chance at getting in, and even then, i'd say Manhattan is unlikely. I don't really want any of them though, but whatever.

As for the polls, I honestly believe the Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle and Captain Cold one was to decide which character would be revealed at comic con. The Starfire/Black Manta one could definitely be for potential DLC, dunno about the others though.

AK XEN0M0RPH

Odds are they already have the main cast figured out so the only thing we really could have an influence on would be DLC at this point.
I agree. And these polls were from midway last year. Im not talking about about recent polls. But look at his choices in polls. Fairly common characters that people really want. I believe he picks three characters that are in the game, that way he can "deliver" based on poll. When Blue Beetle won the poll, he was revealed next. So he obviously wasnt made after the poll.

I... I doubt it's Doctor Manhattan because certain leaks says he's not in the game (or at least he's nowhere to be found).
Now that they've revealed that they're doing premium skins, I'm hoping that any Watchman characters that appear will do so as premium skins and we get the Charlton/DC characters each were based off of as the base characters instead (Charlton Comics originally published several current DC heroes until it was bought by DC in the early 1980's and DC folded those characters into its own universe).

Dr. Manhattan was modeled heavily off of Captain Atom. Captain Atom would be a great character for this game and has been on my wishlist since Injustice 2 was announced. Nite Owl could easily be a premium skin for Batman (although I would prefer an Owlman skin, personally), Rorschach drew heavily from the Question, and Silk Spectre has some elements of Black Canary (although she takes more from the Charlton character Nightshade). The Comedian and Ozymandius were modeled after Charlton characters that DC did not bring over to its universe, so they would be tougher to do (Although the Comedian could potentially be a skin for Deadshot, I suppose, but putting a character with the baggage that the Comedian carries would probably not be the best idea and not something I would think NRS nor WB wants to do).

Personally, I would prefer no Watchman characters make it in. DC has far too many interesting B-list and C-list characters I'd rather see than any of the Watchman characters, but I'm fairly certain that we're getting at least one Watchman character given poll results and what is apparently going on with Rebirth in the comics. So, I'm selfishly hoping that if any do make it in, it's Dr. Manhattan and I either get the base Character of Captain Atom out of the deal or the Captain himself makes it in as a premium skin.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Also static came in 2nd in that poll zatanna won. It was really close too. He should be a lock hopefully.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Red Hood could be alt and Static could be DLC. I wouldn't count them out.