What's new

Character customization walkthrough for all demo characters

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
You can see all of the gear customization options here. Different looks, colors, abilities, etc. The only thing he didn’t seem to click on was the augments. I kept yelling “press square, damnit!” but never got to see that screen. Still, gives you a great idea of what to expect:

Seems like you can add new variations (the + icon on the list), customize your looks, intros, win poses, and it also lists fatalities and brutalities.

As for abilities, they seem to be similar to Injustice 2. You get a set number of “slots” and you choose from a list of moves, with each one costing anywhere from 1-3 slots.

Now all we need to know is if they are all unlocked from the start, making it fairer for competitive, or if they are loot, and disabled for competitive matches, making them completely ignored yet again, like Injustice 2.

UPDATE:
Found another video which does give you a glimpse of the augments:

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay, so this is what I'm assuming:

You won't be able to use your own variations in competitive (obviously). But as seen in the video you can still edit default variations. To me this means that if you edit a default variation, when playing casual modes you will be able to use your moves and stuff, but in competitive you will have to use that variation's default move loadout. However, you will still be able to use an custom cosmetics on it.

This way you will still be able to use skins, gear, etc, in online Ranked.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I like the customization options, but I wish there just...more.

I feel like the majority of a row were the same skin with different shaders. Not a completely different look. Still looks good though, and I like that Sonya has different hairstyles. I'm hoping that, if Jade's in the game, she'll have both her ponytail as well as the braid.

I also hope that there's still a ton of skins and gears that aren't in this version of the game.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Geras has a gear piece called "Totem of Immortal Onaga"

UM WHAT?

Is Kronika/Geras trying to bring back Onaga to balance out Dark Raiden or something?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
So this video's shed some light on the Kombat Pack contents, which is stated to include 7 skins and 7 gear sets.
"Skins" are basically shaders/base looks for each character, i.e. Sonya's skins are the MKX look, a new jacket, and workout tights ala MK1/3, and those all have different colors available.
"Gear" are 3 individual pieces for each character, i.e Scorpion's are his mask, swords, and kunai.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I don't like the idea of changing the main color of the ninjas. Having white Scorpion and green Sub-zero feels so wrong.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I don't like the idea of changing the main color of the ninjas. Having white Scorpion and green Sub-zero feels so wrong.
I sort of agree. Personally, I would never use those shaders for iconic colors like scorpion or sub zero which are synonymous with their color scheme.

But, if others like it, so be it.

I just wish that most of sub or scorp shaders would be blue or yellow respectively, and the shade and highlights would change. Like sub zero with a mostly white costume with blue accents makes sense. Scorpion mostly black or brown with yellow accents makes total sense. But, the whacky colors I’m not a fan.

Same with injustice actually, except for green lantern where it made total sense to have the whole rainbow.