What's new

Character Crisis - Help Me (and everyone who asks) find a MAIN!

TamedLizard

Buff George
but more like frametraps are my thing. Good neutral buttons would be nice (a fast, advancing, mid that is safe or plus on block and leads to a full combo for 500+ damage is all I want...kappa). I'd like to have good jump-ins, a decent anti-air, and good walk speed (if not, a good backdash). Damage would be nice but I'm not picky
Catwoman.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Also looking for a new main. I played with firestorm thus far and want a character that plays similar to (i know it's mk but bear with me) cybernetic kano or ninjutsu scorpion. Lantern is someone I'm leaning towards but his backdash covers so little distance.
For Cyber Kano I'd definitely suggest Batman, they're pretty identical if you ask me; good projectile, up close pressure game with no crazy 50/50's but + frames and throw pressure.

As for Ninjutsu I'd say Aquaman since he can really keep you at bay with his B12 similar to Scorp's F2, but Aquaman also has full screen options, otherwise without being too obvious, Robin is similar too because he has a sword lol

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
So far I think I'm best with Superman, who seems to check a lot of what I'm looking for. But, he's lame and I don't want to play him (or anyone super common (Bladam, batman, aqua, etc). Atrocitous is okay, but I hate his jump ins and he isn't that fun to play (not much depth it seems).
I get why you think this way, but Imo its a bad and restrictive attitude. Who knows, the character you inevitably pick might be buffed to top tier and everyone will start using him. What are going to do then, stop playing the character?

If the only reason why you don't have fun playing as superman is because he's perceived as lame/too strong/a common character, you should probably care less what other people think and just play what fits you.

seveergg

The Elegant Swagger Beast
If you dont care about winning i believe i can give advice to anyone in your situation. Play who makes you hype to get on the game every day. For me its brainiac, something about him and the character itself is so dope and i love boss characters. But ill be at work sometimes thinking about new setups and ways to get in and how i can make some of his setups safe and blah blah blah. Point is, the character is so fun to play i barely care if i lose, nd honestly that attitude helps me win more. That being said ill give you a couple suggestions for your potential main. Again this is based on the idea that you wont care that much that you lose, at least while learning the character.
Joker - I personally love this character. I think hes got great range, great combo potential, amazing mixup and obviously he still got them sext chattering teeth for setups. He does have DECENT zoning, at least enough for what you want, but his frames are kinda shit. Startup on anything but his teeth and gunshot are ass and his forward advancing mid doesnt really advance much so some of his potentially really good combos and setups are a lot harder to hit. However theres really nothing like putting someone in the blender of teeth+overhead 3 on wakeup 3 times in a row for a basically free lifebar of they dont know what to do
Poison ivy - she has everything that you want and has pretty good damage on some things. Her advancing normals are crazy albeit a little more button heavy than some characters but to top it off shes got a shader that makes her ms mary jane (purple/green) annnnndd to top it off you get a pet. Thats the best part you can name that little snot monster. I will call him squishy, and he will be mine, and he will be my squishy.
Darkseid - now this character can easily get you wins with basically zero experience, however he is so fucking cool idegaf how minutely upsetting he can be to play against. Hes such a boss. He pimps/bitchslaps people, holds his hands behind his back, has dope ass projectiles, AAAANNNDDD you get to name not one but 3 count em 3 pets. Go ahead enjoy it, i call mine Earl, samsonite, and wilson. Besides all the clearly awesome aesthetics, he has amazing normals and mixups. A rediculous teleport, huge damage scaling, great projectiles. Hes just a littttllleee slow. But kind of like akuma in sf. Stay on the offense.

Anyway hope this helped anyone who reads it

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
So I've been playing I2 since launch (great game, loving it) but I'm in massive character crisis mode. I feel like I'm not getting better because I keep switching who I play. I have no muscle memory with anyone.

I was hoping to get some help picking a character or two.

In past games I've played: Kotal Kahn early, Goro later in MKX; Sadira in KI; Smoke in MK9; and a little Flash in IGAU (but I didn't play that game much).

As a player I like it, once it is my turn, it gets to stay my turn for a bit. I guess you could say rushdown, but more like frametraps are my thing. Good neutral buttons would be nice (a fast, advancing, mid that is safe or plus on block and leads to a full combo for 500+ damage is all I want...kappa). I'd like to have good jump-ins, a decent anti-air, and good walk speed (if not, a good backdash). Damage would be nice but I'm not picky, as long as it isn't prohibitively low (supergirl?). I don't want to be a straight-up zoner, but something for me to do when fullscreen would be nice. Robin's bird is probably just on the side of too weak an option for me.

So far I think I'm best with Superman, who seems to check a lot of what I'm looking for. But, he's lame and I don't want to play him (or anyone super common (Bladam, batman, aqua, etc). Atrocitous is okay, but I hate his jump ins and he isn't that fun to play (not much depth it seems).

Anyway, that's all I can think of to start. If you want any more information to help me out just ask. Thanks a bunch in advance for any suggestions - I'm in a real crisis!

P.S. - this thread doesn't have to die with just me. If anyone else is in my position - just describe what you're looking for and maybe this can become the character crisis help thread!
I've not read the responses yet so someone might have already said this but Firestorm checks all your boxes except for a good AA but his jump ins pretty good so he can air to air or jump back torpedo to check jumpers.

He's got good walk speed and a pretty good back dash, he has really good mids and a decent 14f advancing hit confirmable mid, can make any string +4 for a bar with his MbBlast which frame traps into B1, B1 gives him a 50/50 and while both options are unsafe they both launch in L3 trait and the low launches anytime for a bar, good damage, good corner game with traditional 50/50s and cross up setups and one of the best D1s in the game.

Check him out, he's hella fun to play too

I get why you think this way, but Imo its a bad and restrictive attitude. Who knows, the character you inevitably pick might be buffed to top tier and everyone will start using him. What are going to do then, stop playing the character?

If the only reason why you don't have fun playing as superman is because he's perceived as lame/too strong/a common character, you should probably care less what other people think and just play what fits you.
This x 100!!!

I tried to give this 100 Likes but it won't let me.....

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I'm in the same boat.
I like setup heavy characters and rushdown.
I was a Shazam main but they decided he won't be in this one.
I haven't found any setup characters really. I know Red Hood is but his combos are odd.
So I settled for Bateman and Harley

Emaxxy

Noob
I'm still unsure on my main. I kind of like to play aggressively and more of a rush-down style. So far I've enjoyed playing Canary, Cheetah, Catwoman, Darkseid, and Supergirl. I was wondering if there are any other characters I should try out that fit in the rush-down style, or something similar to Darkseid or Supergirl.

Captain Cold.
He's not a zoner heavy. and His mixups with f2+3---throw and f2+3+Mb big freeze are a lot of fun. His d1 helps with throw mixups too. His d2 is Very good too. Also If You setup properly his trait. You get a lot of fun Shenanigans . Mb Ground big freeze in the ground into a back throw combo. LMAO.

Also... The Joker.
He have a lot of fun to block able situations with teeth, Joker is more of a close combat char than a zoner, and His gun can be cancelled into forward dash or delayed. This helps him to get closer and do his fun to blockable situations (He's the most scary char in the Corner).:joker:

Last edited:

DrZmmm

Noob
I'm still unsure on my main. I kind of like to play aggressively and more of a rush-down style. So far I've enjoyed playing Canary, Cheetah, Catwoman, Darkseid, and Supergirl. I was wondering if there are any other characters I should try out that fit in the rush-down style, or something similar to Darkseid or Supergirl.
Attrocitus or Scarecrow